GeForce 466.77 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 10, 2021.

1. stryfe2010

stryfe2010 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3060 12GB
    Did you try the latest hotfix 466.79?

2. GeorgeLoupis

GeorgeLoupis Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA 3060 12GB
    Hello Guys.I have a question..
    I have 3060 Gpu and 2K two monitors connected to gpu through DISPLAY PORT.
    When i play a game in first monitor when i change to alt-tab to second monitor ,the monitors goes blank for 1s ..HDR is enabled.This is problem with drivers???I have the latest drivers.

3. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/geforce-hotfix-driver-466-79.438302/

4. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    This fixed the disconnection but now any full screen app/game in 1080 is zoomed in where only the top left is shown

5. koko

koko Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA 2070 GTX
    At least this new drivers solved my problem of black screen when watching twitch streams. It was a pain having several of those each time.

6. rubenswing

rubenswing New Member

GPU:
    STRIX 3090 O24G
    I have a strix 3090 and 5900x when gaming on 1440p (Dell UP3017Q) I have occasional jerks? I use 16X4 Thermaltake Toughram @ 3600 MHz and my cooler is the ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360mm and using a X570 TAICHI all powered by the Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and also use a WD Black SN850 1TB all running at stock settings no overclock last 2 drivers I am facing this

7. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Here are a few things you can try:
    If you haven't run Display Driver Uninstaller in a while, try to run it and reinstall the latest drivers fresh.
    In case your monitor supports it, open the Nvidia Control Panel go to Change Resolution, click Use Nvidia Color Settings and set Output Color Depth to 10bpc.
    You can also try to disable MPO (use the Registry Editor to set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Dwm\"OverlayTestMode"=dword:00000005 ).
    If you have Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling and/or Resizable BAR enabled, try to disable each one in your BIOS and see if that helps at all.

8. rubenswing

rubenswing New Member

GPU:
    STRIX 3090 O24G
    I did this with disabling HAGS and BAR but the jerks became more frequent than before and when I disabled MPO it did not happen but after 4-5 mins the jerks came back then went away now they do appear but occasionally and also I always use DDU to uninstall drivers I upgraded to 466.79 after using DDU

UPDATE:
    I changed monitors to 49" Odyssey G9 and guess what the jerks totally went away now any reason why that would happen?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  9. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    What do you mean by "jerks"?
    You mentioned last 2 drivers so I assume if you go back enough it doesn't happen?Could be very well a driver issue then.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  10. Baldassano

Baldassano Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 1080ti SHWK
    Not that anyone will care, but I tried this branch once again with my 1080ti SLI, and its just TERRIBLE. Chrome takes 90 seconds literally to open (hard system lock), COD Black Ops til 3 Minutes of black screen before kicking in.

Turned off SLI, All seems fine.

Just updating the masses. Very disappointed, back to 457 I go.

11. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    For what it's worth I'm not seeing these issues. 1080Ti SLI here with SLI enabled. Currently on 466.79 (which is just a hotfix to 466.77).

I always tick 'Clean install' in the Nvidia installer when installing drivers, for what it's worth, in case that clears up something in your configuration.

12. Baldassano

Baldassano Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 1080ti SHWK
    I do as well, and i DDU each driver update. I was just trying Battlefield 1 with SLI On.. Was playing fine then got a full black screen on both monitors followed by a DX error that said something to the effect of one of the cards were removed, or driver error.. Turned SLI off, and now im playing fine. Its been this way with each of 466 series.. Every one in this branch. I go back to a 457's or whatever ones i was on before and everything is just fine, zero issues. I have the MSI Seahawk-X 1080 TI's.. water cooled, not overclocked (outside of factory OC).. I posted a driver issue as per manuel's link.

13. Dieter Fetzer

Dieter Fetzer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI
  14. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  15. rubenswing

rubenswing New Member

GPU:
    STRIX 3090 O24G
    I switched monitors back and the same jerks still keep happening @ intervals of 1-2 ms but when I go back to the G9 not a single jerk I even DDU'ed to 465.89 and then back to 466.79 and tested both drivers on both monitors on the Dell jerks keep happening but on the Samsung no jerks at all

16. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Maybe replace jerks with something what is realy happening :p like screen tearing for example

17. rubenswing

rubenswing New Member

GPU:
    STRIX 3090 O24G
    :D it freezes for 1-2 ms and then it's smooth and then the cycle repeats again

18. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    I take it you still get the 1.2k dpc spikes if you go back to 8bit mode?(since you're testing with 10bit)

https://imgur.com/a/QQk85hl still using old 466.11 10bit.No 1.2k dpc latency spikes while playing/twitch

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  19. Baldassano

Baldassano Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 1080ti SHWK
    Well came home, tossed on the ol rig.. (Still on this version drivers, trying to see whats going on).. Log into windows fine.. Open Chrome and Open steam, and ive been sitting here for 2 min 45 seconds, system hard locked, No mouse movement, no Task manager nothing.. Now its back everything open, cant close the steam news window, it literally disconnected me from the network because steam opened and it couldn't connect to the friends network. Aaaand now my mouse is locked up again.. Oops there it goes now the steam news closed and everything caught up with itself. Same thing on ever driver in this series for me.. What in the Hell man...

Only with SLI Enabled. Other drivers are fine. Literally Windows Explorer is locking up HARDCORE.. Just did it again, all i did was click the start menu.. This is MADNESS.

After 10 mins it seems to have calmed down some.. Task manager showing low CPU usage, and im gonna check it out in some games.. Lsat night i didnt have any hiccups in them, thats #1 priority, i just dont get this inherent opening lag that i have gotten with this series.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  20. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Hmm.They must have done something with the new drivers if you're getting nothing in 8bit.
    On 466.11 I got a 1.7 ms after around 3 mins from opening/changing tab randomly.
    In 10bit mode it's not happening.

Update:Scratch that.Got an unusually high dpc spike while randomly browsing in 10bit mode.Still higher then my usual on 457.51(even on 8bit) but still lower then 8 bit overall on this driver.
    This is with Nvidia global power on "normal" [​IMG]

While playing it doesn't go over 400dpc tho.Maybe because games are set to maximum performance?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021