Zombieland... Worst movie I have seen in a long time.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by CPC_RedDawn, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    The first paragraph is fairly simple really. What I think laykun is trying to say is that it falls into one of those films like American Pie, Scary Movie etc which are obviously just piss-takes and all for comedy. No one goes expecting gore and intense scenes that we would expect in a Saw movie for example.

2. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    I was sooooo looking forward to this movie.. bummer if it sucks like donkey kong. :)

3. DannyBoy27

DannyBoy27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX480
    No offense but why do all of you listen to someone elses movie review - when people are naturally predisposed to make their own individual judgements based on expectations, likes/dislikes, personal preference, age, maturity etc....

Ill make my own decision when i watch it on friday. Im going in with a clean slate and im quite looking forward to it :)

4. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    I'm still gonna watch it!! i DONT CARE.. Just sucks that my bros here at guru3d think it's a no show..

5. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    I think ill wait for it to come out on dvd.

6. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    So... I heard from a friend it was hilarious!!!.. I dont know if that's a good thing.. he laughed the whole time.. Maybe for people that thought it was a serious movie it's a no go. :)

7. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I can't wait to see this, I've heard so many good things about it. Norwegian reviewers seem to call it a crossover between Shaun of the Dead and Superbad, which surely can't be a bad thing!

8. glock38

glock38 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    If only that were true, it would have been the greatest film of all time. :grin:

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    in th early 1980s...when the vhs/betamax video recorder was released...it was like having a cinema in your own home...being able to go down the long distance video shop and hire a movie(video shops were rare because of this new media but were rapidly appearing everywhere)before the year 1984 there was no film classification so the movie makers could release pretty much anything that they wanted....hence the infamous cannbal holocaust(which is supposed to have a genuine real life killing) and zombie flesh eaters,these films were banned after the film classification came in (1984)but if you look through the 80s you can find 100s of zombie movies...the zombie movie went quiet after the release of braindead in 1992 for about 15 years...then 28 days later came out(these are not proper zombies btw as they dont eat you)and the whole zombie genre has been reborn all over again...with many many films being released after 28 days that nobody hears about...my favourite zombie film of all time would have to be Dawn of the dead(1979) for the setting in the mall but the zombies are a bit stupid in this i think,they lack agression of the later movies...so my other favourite would have to be Day of the dead(1985 not the 2007/8 remake) as the zombies are more horrible looking and more ferocious,another great one which scared the **** out of me in 1982 was city of the living dead,i will never forget that movie!...anyhow here is a great site for practically every zombie film ever made
    http://www.horrorhaven.org/home.php
    you have to register to see what is on the site

10. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    everyone is entitled to their own opinions but seriously, if you like harry twotter, then its official you have the worst taste in movies ever!! :p

11. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    imho video games are doing more than movies to revive the zombie.

12. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Yeah it was a # of animals inc. a tortoise.

13. Miller

Miller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660ti Signature FTW
    Except that Superbad is awful :bang: Almost as bad as Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus :infinity:

14. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Hmm i would say superbad is very good all depends on taste i guess.

15. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    No, it isn't.

16. Miller

Miller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660ti Signature FTW
    True, comparing anything to Mega Shark is actually a bit rude I suppose :nerd:

17. DannyBoy27

DannyBoy27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX480
    Lol, Superbad was awesome!

18. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080

Harry Potter
    has a great story! Tell me of any other movie that has such character depth AND pleases to kids! Great actors, great special effets, makes magic look real to kids.

I'm 21, not virgin, not gay and I'm not afraid to say the harry potter series is fun to watch. Obviously if you're a frat-boy or bonehead you won't like it. Otherwise you'll have listen to every movie in a good mood and will be pleased of the experience

For what is of Zombieland, I didn't see it, but I think CPC_Red is a broom-up-the-a$$ movie elitist

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  19. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    I dunno, I enjoyed the movie. But I do gotta say that Shaun of the Dead is better, but this one was entertaining as well.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Lord of the rings ? Narnia ?