whats a TP RJ45 and do i need one for networking

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by Joe tweakfiles, Jun 21, 2001.

1. TP == TwistedPair<br>
    RJ45 == standard connector (same as ISDN not analogTelephony)<br>
    i'd STRONGLY recommend you to youse them for your cables,<br>
    but i'd prefer to buy compleet cables instead of making them yourself,<br>
    if you need longer ones than 20m you probably have to make them yourself

2. Ice Cold

Ice Cold Guru of 3D Bartender

GPU:
    Abit GeForce 3
    wich isn't so hard....except if you need to make X-over (so you won't need a hub, but your limited to just 2 pc connected to each other)<br>
    <br>
    i tried and tried until i decided to see how my bought X-over cable was connected (oddly enough it uses only 4 wires instead of 8, anyway, it works)

3. Ant

Ant Don Michael Corleone

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D 9600GT 512MB
    Yeah making the cable is easy, but you should really get a crimping tool to do it properly. Its very much cheaper if you make it yourself (here in the UK at least).<br>
    <br>
    Ice Cold... I am wondering what data transfer you get between the x-over cable u speak of, as I thought with only 2 tp you would get a reduced transfer rate. (10Mbit maybe)

4. Ice Cold

Ice Cold Guru of 3D Bartender

GPU:
    Abit GeForce 3
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Originally posted by ee92as:<br>
    <b>Yeah making the cable is easy, but you should really get a crimping tool to do it properly. Its very much cheaper if you make it yourself (here in the UK at least).<br>
    Ice Cold... I am wondering what data transfer you get between the x-over cable u speak of, as I thought with only 2 tp you would get a reduced transfer rate. (10Mbit maybe)</b><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><br>
    <br>
    it says 100Mbit connection on the card itselfs...so it will be