Watch Dogs - customOutfits mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by infiniium, Oct 6, 2015.

1. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO R9 390 8GB
    Well, check the edit part of my prev comment, the material was broken... I tried to replace the shader with driverGlass (from my sunglasses :cool: ), and got the same results, the windows disappeared. It's either not working for buildings, or some parameter like tiling, etc kills the material on huge surfaces.

Oh, and there is no ReflectionTextureSource parameter in the driverBuilding shader, so that is a dead end.

2. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Ah I see, well yes switching shaders doesn't work, the material will not be rendered, as you discovered... :O
    Anyway the absence of the ReflectionTextureSource parameter in the driverBuilding shader doesn't mean that it's a dead end, because the windows could use a different shader than the buildings, just like the other glass surfaces does. ;)

3. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    But how? I can't make them render with a different shader. I found some window materials (with driverglass shader), replaced the chasetower window material file with those but it didn't work. :(

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  4. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Ah ok I understand. :) Anyway, in the DriverBuilding shader there's a ReflectionType parameter, and slightly after that there's a ReflectionTexture parameter with a cubemap value that it's explicitly se to be used if ReflectionType = 2, so what happens if you change the ReflectionType value? ;)

5. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    I made a new version for you. You can download the files here:customOutfits_v2b

There's a small issue though :D, somehow the wrench of T-Bone remained visible, only it's always on the ground. It is added differently from anything I've seen before, since obviously it is not in the model file. I haven't experimented yet with T-Bone so I wasn't really aware of this strange behaviour. T-Bone uses the wrench in the takedown animations, but I guess the normal models are missing a "bone" that the wrench is attached to.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'll make a full new version sometime later, because there are other updates as well (sunglasses, beard color, head model fix for NPC torso nape clipping) to be released, and some parts of the E3 Lite mod are in this upload (in this post). I just don't have the time now to make a clean new package...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  6. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    I changed the reflectiontype to 0, 1 and 2, but saw no difference (same cubemap reflections always). What should I do with the ReflectionTexture? Set it to... what?

7. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    How do you figured out what's the part of the material that corresponds to ReflectionType? I mean how it translates in hex. :)
    Anyway, the ReflectionTexture parameter should refer to a cubemap regardless so this isn't relevant, if setting the ReflectionType to those values didn't give any result I don't know what else could... :(

8. Alnaut

Alnaut Guest

I'm just glad this was a possibility since I haven't seen anyone else change things in Bad Blood yet. Take your time!
    EDIT: Though I'm assuming you have an idea of how to fix the wrench issue? lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2015
  9. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    I loaded the material with ZModeler and checked the dump it created :D
    Dunno how we can go on with the building reflections :(

10. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    I haven't thought about it yet, but maybe if I find the wrench model there will be the bone name where it is attached to and if I can change that to something then we'll have a solution.

EDIT: the wrench is on the backpack of T-Bone (visually), so maybe it is attached to that, and the backpack is a separate modelpart. So maybe if I put the backpack modelpart on the model the wrench will be positioned correctly. Only thing is that the biker dude will have a backpack :D I hope that's not an issue :cool:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015

11. Alnaut

Alnaut Guest

That's not a problem at all. It'll arguably look like a cooler model :)

12. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    So it's working, though the straps of the backpack "disappear" in the jacket on the front. Still way better than having the wrench on the ground :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Get it here:
    customOutfits_v2b1

13. Alnaut

Alnaut Guest

Nice!
    thanks for taking the time to do my request

14. Zer01neDev

Zer01neDev Guest

Loose files ?

15. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    I'm working on a new release and my version of Silver's Collateral is not perfect yet. Will finish it in a few hours, then I'll update the first post with everything, including the loose.

Thanks for showing interest in my work :D

16. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Updated first post, new version out now!!!!!! Get it while it's hot!

EDIT: one thing still missing. I can't create an extra version of Aiden's hair (would need it to complete the collateral with grey hair). I suspect it is because the material is in the __UNKNOWN folder. Anyone knows how I could add it to the filelist so the disrupt unpacker will put it in its correct place? Then I think I'd be able to make a duplicate of it and create a new material this way, so it won't screw Aiden's hair in every outfit, just the one I want. So if someone knows how to do it please help!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  17. Zer01neDev

Zer01neDev Guest

18. Neto

Neto Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 gaming
    Thanks

19. Alnaut

Alnaut Guest

I removed the mod to try a different one while I still had the custom outfit equipped, and now when I switch back to the mod the outfit shows up but I can't purchase it. Do you know what's up?

20. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Interesting. I dont know what could cause this, i'll think about it.