Vehicles of Guru3D Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by aircool, Nov 4, 2014.

1. IcE

IcE Guest

If you see a Grey Abarth with a black stripe, then it's me, lol. I think I literally have the only one in town in that color combo.

I hate kids :infinity: Hopefully its a cheap fix

Very nice Octavia. Wish we could get those stateside.

It's a fast car for sure, glad you're having fun :) I think the SEAT styling with the VW drivetrain is such a great combo. No offense to the GTI owners out there, but the SEAT looks far better to me. You guys in Europe get so much cool stuff...lol

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The casing is $100, which isn't too bad. I just have to make sure I don't have anything jammed in the start gear.

3. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    You'll have to help me here, what model is it not really that clued up on Mercs?

4. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    That sounds like a pretty good deal.

I'm still looking around for a 'vette. Looks like the prices are coming down now but there's not much close to me. All of the ones I keep seeing are in Maryland or Delaware. Lol, not about to drive 400-500 miles to buy from a dealer.

5. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I sold my boosted C6 in no time flat over here...search around here. :)

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvettes-for-sale-98/

6. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Yeah I'm on there. I think I'm having a tough time just based on my budget. There's a lot of modded up ones selling on there but I'm looking for a stock LS3.

Ideally I'd like to get a 2009-2010 1LT Stick Coupe with about 35k miles on it, should be around 25k (according to kbb). Much easier said than done. I'd love to get Cyber Gray Metallic too, but I'd gladly take black. Of course, color restrictions make it even harder. I'm pretty open to anything other than blue/red/yellow/orange.

I'm guessing those are hard to find on the forum since those guys are enthusiasts that probably paid the extra dollar to get the 3LT/all the goodies. I don't even really care about the Z51 pack tbh.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  7. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    ^If you live in Michigan I hope this'll be a second car for you? If not, get something AWD like an WRX for new and enjoy driving all year long. Plus you won't have to worry about some bro-science gearhead f'ng things up and selling you a lemon. If you must get an impractical used sports car, ever thought of a Lotus Elise? That would be my choice if I lived somewhere warm and didn't need backseats.

8. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    It will be :)
    I've got a 2009 Subaru Legacy that does the job pretty good in the winter. Lol, I do some sick skids with the ABS off on those snow covered turns.

I'm into 'vettes because my dad had a 1967 basically during my entire childhood and I'll be working for GM shortly. I've loved the way the C6 looks for a long time so it just works!

9. IcE

IcE Guest

The Elise is far more expensive than the Corvettes he is looking at, lol. A decent condition used Elise starts around 35K. It's also a good car, but slower.

Also, AWD isn't a requirement for snow driving. Too many people these days think it's absolutely necessary when it isn't. It all comes down to a $600 set of winter tires, and you're set no matter what you're driving. Even a Corvette on Blizzaks will be more than manageable in all but the worst snow storms. Obviously you need to drive to match the conditions as well.

10. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yep. Good set of snow's, and pretty much the only thing that'd stop you is if the snow is higher than the ground clearance of your car. And even that sometimes won't stop you, so long as it's not TOO extreme.... or too heavy a snow.

11. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Don't bother with Z51, especially if getting a manual. Going from 3rd to 4th is a long pull in 4th since ratios are shorter in gears 1, 2, & 3.

1LT stick coupe are a dime a dozen. Mine was a harder find being 3LT and stick. Most people do either no optional features/packages and stick or load up the options and do an automatic.

If it helps, I sold my '10 3LT for $26K last year. Here's the listing from over there...There are good deals out there keep searching. Message me with any questions I know the C6 inside and out.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...ercharged-3lt-corvette-coupe-6spd-manual.html

12. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Nice, thank you! At least I know I'm in the right price range for what I'm looking at. Those wheels looked really good on that thing.

13. biggerx

biggerx Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2017
  14. biggerx

biggerx Guest

Thanks it's my first "new" car. I had a 2000 Ford Focus SE wagon prior to this. I graduated High School in 2002 to give you some perspective. Already have people trying to race me lol.

15. IcE

IcE Guest

16. biggerx

biggerx Guest

I love it!

17. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I found a vette, but I'm trying to wait the dealer out a little bit to see if I can knock them on their price. The front tire has an issue with the sidewall so I want them to replace it and knock the price down a bit but they were sticking firm. It clearly hadn't been test driven by anyone else in at least a week and it's been sitting there a long time. There were cobwebs in the wheels and pollen all over the thing. It even took a few seconds of pressing the windshield fluid button down to even get any to come out. Lol, it's definitely been sitting there. Hoping I luck out.

18. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    First thing you should do is unplug the speaker in the engine bay that gives off the fake engine roar, then put a real exhaust on it like a Magnaflow. :p

Joking aside Fiesta ST models are very fun to drive, they're easy to whip around, and small enough to fit in tight spots!

19. mechazawa

mechazawa Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1070 SSC
    Current vehicle is a 2012 Volkswagen CC rLine....just broke 40k miles and still love the car.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  20. IcE

IcE Guest

I have the Italian counterpart to your car. I love small, euro style hatches with some oomph. The fun factor is too high.

[​IMG]