UEFA Champions League !

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by slick3, Apr 15, 2012.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    lol @ pepe btw

2. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    They shouldn't do that, that's what's wrong... It's cheap and dirty. Shouldn't do it ONCE in a match, let alone a few times in one HALF of ONE match, then probably in all other matches and halves. Call me crazy but I enjoy fair play not hoofing it away to delay time :wanker:

3. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    so why isnt howard web doing anything about it ? he is from the pl as you state above where this doesnt happen.

great first half btw :)

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Possession means nothing. Bayern had all the possession against United, but De Gea only made 1 save in the first game. Same in the 2nd game, Bayern are clueless in the final third. This should've been 3 nil to real already.

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah ronaldo should have done better imho. but dont see bayern winning this tbh

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Nah, Bayern are too cute, hate this style of football. Everyone talks about how well they pass, how well they press and keep the ball. Who cares, it's boring as hell to watch.

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well it wouldnt be boring if they would score 4 or 5 goals in a match wouldnt it ?

8. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Because they adapt to the competition and location. People get yellow cards for blatant time wasting like that, I'm not arguing it. If you think that's fine to buy yourself extra seconds after you commit a foul then I guess I'll shut up and be wrong again. Dirt tactics.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    They don't though, watching Bayern against UTD was painful, they were completely useless, sure they got through, but they were playing a UTD side that can't even beat some crap premier league teams this season.

10. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    They introduced added time when a goalie once kicked the ball out of the stadium with 2 minutes left to play and the other team won a penalty and the game was over before the ball was returned. Kicking the ball out of the stadium or down the pitch is no different, leave it there, it's their free kick.

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    mate everyone is entitled to their opinion dont get me wrong.

champions league should be the hardest matches (when it comes to fouls) , not the pl. web is obviously failing. IMHO

12. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I can just imagine the reaction from the crowd if he did punish things like that, though, he probably wants to get back to his hotel alive after the game :D

ugh and they chase balls that are going out for a throw and then absolutely smash the granny out of the ball down the field even though it's out of play already lol GREAT DISHONOUR UPON MY FAMILY

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  13. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    almost :nerd:

They are like Barcelona a few years ago without xavi iniesta and messi :wanker:, we'll see next week...

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Bayern are dull and toothless. If I didn't watch this and only read the stats in the paper in the morning, I would have thought Casillas had a busy night. But no, he made one decent save.

Muller diving around as if shot by a sniper, then yapping off to the ref, I would have booked him for that performance. Modric was immense today, Robben again very good, but selfish at times (as he tends to be).

I seriously dislike the Pep way of football, the only reason it was bearable when he was at Barca was that little genius Messi, thing is Bayern don't have a Messi. Pep needs to learn a plan B, he's been found out too many times in the past few years.

15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Well these champions league semi finals were the worst i´ve ever seen in my life!!! So ****ing boring!!! And when i see multi million dollar teams like Chelsea and R. Madrid parking the bus and playing like teams that fight to avoid relegation, then i know that football is going the drain real fast!...

**** this...

Good thing my favourite, Benfica, is playing today and is gonna show those scary teams how to play real football...

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well real madrid is playing impressive tonight. bayern is out!

17. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Someone text Guardiola that his tiki-taka tactic isn't working!

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Definitely, ironically with a style you would expect from a German team.

Pep is now potentially looking at two humiliating semi finals in a row, 0 goals in 135 mins now they need 5 in 45.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Glad Bayern are out. I predicted they would get a lesson. Real were better in the first game, I didn't watch tonight's game because I thought it was Monday today lol. About to watch highlights now.

Bayern have gone massively backwards since pep took over. They can dominate the average bundesliga, but they're worse than they were last year. They were poor against Man U, they only beat us because... well because anyone can beat us this year.

Pep is boring, tiki taka is boring, no plan B at all. It worked with Barca because they had better players, also Messi who in best Barca years was unplayable.

Good riddance Bayern.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    They have only really went backwards in the last few months though, recently they have been nothing more than mediocre, in the league and in Europe.

I do agree they are more boring/frustrating to watch since Pep took over though.

Hoping Atlético can make it through tomorrow, for a neutral a Madrid final is the more interesting of the two possibilites.