Thermaltake Accused Of Plagiarizing Designs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 5, 2015.

1. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    this is like cyclists & doping accusations I guess, some worse than others but in the end they should focus on improving rather than pointing fingers

2. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I've never been a fan of ThermalTake. I don't buy any of their stuff as it is but now it's an easy choice. They are a total sh!te brand, in my book.

3. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    To be honest, it's not like most of the stuff shown there really matters in terms of copying.

I can show you a hundred case designs that are borderline identical from different companies. There is only so many ways to churn out a six-sided ATX box with decent airflow these days, and each year the companies try to rehash the same old crap under new gimmicks.

4. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    I'm still amazed that Thermaltake is still around, last I honestly heard of them was back around 2005 when they made incredibly obnoxious cases and overpriced coolers.

5. elpsychodiablo

elpsychodiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Retina Z2 + Vlab Motion
    I want a Thermatake Amor Case, inside the Case it should be like the corsair obsidian, but with all with Aluminium like Lian Li and with dustfilters of Cooler Master Silencio.

If copy then do it right ^^

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    There really is nothing a lawyer can do. If case labs had patiented their designes, then something could be done. At this point, all thermaltake has to worry about is the negative publicity.

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I still have an old Thermaltake Xaser 3 (Silver) somewhere on the attic, will put it in a golden box incase Thermaltake shuts down :p

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  8. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    about the waterblock it is not plagia... both come from swiftech as someone noticed (as antec and many other...).

the last chassis is not plagia either... every chassis with those fonction look the same (NZXT when it was making some, liang li, and of course LD wich was the 1st to release one of this kind).

but every maker get "inspiration" of the other... it has always being this way as long as i remember. lol

9. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Good thing MS plagiarized their version of DOS before Social Media was around.

EDIT: Thermaltake is not even in the league as Caselabs. Thermaltake is standardized; one configuration fits all. Caselabs is full on customization. The father knows this. Too, bad the whiny son does not. Copying is still the sincerest form of flattery in business.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  10. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    Thermaltake is not so bad in terms of their products. But the last time I bought something from them was a PSU which still works to this day since 3-4 years ago.

11. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    what a sh*t company
    well i never interested in their product anyway
    the only time i bought their product is Tsunami case back in 2000?

with current internet era like nowdays where every things spread fast
    good luck selling copycat product

12. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Amazed at how easy it is to sway individuals just by printing something and spreading through social media. People have lost their sense of thought. Companies pay license fees to other companies for the use of their products marketed under the licensee's name. So sad so many just do not think anymore. Knee jerk reactions to a whiny individual's rant towards an individual from another company that do not even share the same target market.

This is really entertaining. Keep the sentiments and crass remarks flying.