*-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery rev.2 Part 9=-*

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by hallryu, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Garrgoyle

Garrgoyle Guest

2. tjken33

tjken33 Guest

finally got the guts to register and post my rig. go easy on me! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. CasperTm

CasperTm Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X OC 2GB Gaming
    Nice rig Tjken, looks clean :)

4. tjken33

tjken33 Guest

5. hallryu

hallryu Guest

Yup very nice Tjken. :D

6. tjken33

tjken33 Guest

thanks. Hey hows that 7970 treatin' ya. Whats the temps like?

7. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Got some new sleeved extensions/cables.... figured i'd post a pic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

Tjken that is a nice looking rig. Simplicity is always best.

9. tjken33

tjken33 Guest

Agreed. But I must confess, when I started build PCs I would always steer towards the flashy LEDs and windows. Guess my taste changed as I got older.

10. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 3080TI
    New monitor Benq XL2420T 24"

[​IMG]

Phone camera :(

11. eclap

eclap Guest

see the cut out for the cpu heatsink backplate? see how much space around it you get? I really don't understand why some cases come with just right cut outs and then you're screwed if the cpu socket is slightly off from where it should be. Some people designing cases should be sacked just for this. I mean how hard is it to make the cut out an inch larger each side to make sure you get easy access?

Also, some cases have ridiculously little space between the mobo tray and the side panel. why not make it an inch more again? It's not like I'm inventing anything here, just saying, some case designs make me wonder...

12. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well, the main reason the Cosmos 2 has it so large is because of the array of mobo's it supports, including dual-CPU motherboards and server motherboards. One "Just right" hole would not be sufficient in that situation. As for the extra space behind the mobo tray... another reason why i like the Cosmos 2. So much space it would make the engine compartment of a sports car cry.

13. eternitykh

eternitykh Guest

new rig im building for a buddy of mine, brand spanking new obsidian 550D, im loving it, subtle but elegant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and here it is next to it's big brother case (my rig)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
  14. reno_skychaser

reno_skychaser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 6600 XT
    The 550D is a very nice looking case. I've been waiting to see if they're going to update the Graphite "series" at all. I think a new high-end Graphite to compete with the likes of the Cosmos II would make for an interesting case

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  15. LogiTekkers

LogiTekkers Guest

Upgraded my case and psu this weekend! Love the P280, great upgrade from my Antec 300. Also, the ax750 power supply is just outstanding compared to my previous one which was pretty damn loud :)

This case was great to work in, airflow is much much better than the 300 and much much quieter, cable management is also top notch. My only down sides to the p280 so far are; the lack of sound dampening on the side panels as the material is different to the case door sound material (which is really good).

My next upgrades will be new fans to replace the stock antec ones which are half decent as they move a good amount of air but could maybe be a bit quieter, a fan controller, some Acousticpack for the side panels and case ceiling....and more RAM :D then that should do me for the time being. Hope you like the P280!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

16. Stu @ MSD

Stu @ MSD Guest

My new rig.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    dunno if i'd say that's the greatest place for the radiator.... but nice rig... nice monitor setup and desk.... and also like the little discrete HP home server.

18. Stu @ MSD

Stu @ MSD Guest

Thanks, very pleased with it all now.
    Done a build log here if your bored and want to browse it.

Ref the rad... she cools to 3degrees over ambient and after 3hrs of BF3 at 5760x1200 with all settings on ultra, my 3 7970's never exceed 38C and the rig is totally silent, so i guess its just fine there. :)

19. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yea... but i'm thinking dust and everything. Not only smack on the floor (and carpeting no less).... but right by your feet....

20. Stu @ MSD

Stu @ MSD Guest

Nothing a quick hoover wont sort out mate. :)