The FCC Just Killed Net Neutrality—Now What?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by anticupidon, Dec 14, 2017.

1. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Too much freedom is disastrous anyway. "Your freedom should be limited by the moment you take over another man's boundaries". It is called conflict behavior. Everyone has his point of view between two people. But this doesn't mean they are both or any of them right. There is always a third more correct opinion.

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Then the other two would disagree that the third opinion was 'more correct' which is just another subjective claim. I disagree with your opinion there is always a third more correct opinion. I will always be right as you cannot prove my opinion wrong and you believe you will be right for the same reason. A third or fourth opine is neither more or less correct than any other, if we're objective.

airbud7 likes this.
  3. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Nope!....Both of you are wrong....:D

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You're the one that brought up Global Warming. I simply responded to it.

The internet was very different 20 years ago. People didn't rely nearly as much on it for information, entertainment, commerce, etc. Also, 20 years ago, the vast majority of users were on dialup and not broadband. Youtube, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Video, Google Play Movies, Vimeo, Playstation Vue, etc either didn't exist or didn't have the same presence 20 years ago. Now, Verizon, AT&T and Comcast have to compete with these content providers who offer services people want at lower prices.

Also, just a few years ago AT&T, Comcast and Verizon were trying to charge competing content providers for access to their customers or risk being throttled or losing access to them. That's why the Net Neutrality rules were put in place. There was nothing illegal about it. The FCC, within their authority, reclassified the internet under Title II. Had the FCC acted contrary to law, Verizon wouldn't have lost their challenge of the reclassification and the Net Neutrality rules. Also, Congress could have prevented the FCC from reclassifying the internet under Title II. The same group of idiots were in control in 2015, as are in control now. It never actually changes. Political party makes no difference. They're all bought and paid for.

airbud7 likes this.

5. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    As I said before, I can only hope the American public resists this anti-freedom move by the FCC. As a Canadian I have no immediate concerns, although I'm aware that Canada is not immune to what happens down south (I'll just say that if the federal Liberals adopt similar measures, then my MP - who I voted for - won't hear the end of it, and neither will the Prime Minister). As a Canadian, I care deeply about personal freedoms, so any move to limit my freedoms won't be tolerated.

6. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Never give up on Me!......Never!

Love Y'all.....and that's whats the world needs.....Love.

7. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    “Arguing that you don’t care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don’t care about free speech because you have nothing to say.” — Edward Snowden

Alessio1989 and sammarbella like this.
  8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Not the best quote as the people that don't care about free speech never have anything to say though...

airbud7 likes this.
  9. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    People not caring about free-speech should not be able to speech.

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Surely that statement is against free speech, or did you mean that?

airbud7 likes this.

11. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's not, it is perfectly logic. The negation of A isn't -A but just NOT(A). If you do not want a right just do not use it and do not interfere with people claiming it.

12. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Freedom is too complicated. No wonder dictators getting rid of it.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't know, stating that people who do not care about free speech should not speak because it interferes with you is definitely trying to shut someone up.

It must be a frustrating one, but having to listen to people who are against/don't care about free speech, as well as other issues you disagree with is the point of free speech.

OrionCheung likes this.