The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    problem is people have moved on, now a few will wander back but it a hard road after you disinterested and fobbed off your player base.

Singleton99 and ShadowDuke like this.
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's a bit of a lack of new content and TU7 might only add a bit with TU8 or what's after doing more but yeah that's March or later and they've already dropped to a lower player base despite sales and trials for the game so getting interest up after this time will be tough especially against competing titles including also the first Division but also other similar games including for example Destiny 2 as a big one.

EDIT: Also these presentation videos seem really off somehow then again it works but yeah reading from these little cards and double reading it and confirming if it's accurate or not but that's probably just nitpicking long as the actual game gets improved and updated the way these updates are presented and discussed isn't too big of a deal.

EDIT: Well it's not fake reactionary or click bait stuff and face thumbnails or whatever else is a thing, that's something. :D

EDIT: Though some of the issues and fixes are certainly dragging out though it seems like it's on track finally for stuff like random invisible walls and what else. :)
    (Hit detection? Maybe that's too optimistic.)

EDIT: It does sound like it'll be a while before the new gear system can be deployed though, possibly Year 2's first major content updated who knows when.
    (Since they want it out with new content available and what sounds like World Tier 6)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  3. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Division 3 needs to be somewhere cold again so we can have a survival mode again, best mode in the series IMO.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  4. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Yes, the survival mode was so good that it made the game a whole new experience imo. Wish they would've made a survival tier so those ppl enjoying it would have the same experience while doing missions and bounties.

Now that i'm thinking about it - how about other extreme conditions like sandstorms and heat? You'd need to find water stations in order to keep hydrated lol and can't see very far because of the sandstorms. This could give Div2 a 2nd boost of players.

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Exactly! I'd thought about that as well and it would have made total sense, not sure if there's a lack of numbers or something but it was a fantastic game mode, only played it SP personally but I loved it! The Underground was IMO also absolutely superb, sure the missions got a bit samey eventually but there was enough variation to keep me engaged. In fairness Division 1 after the first few months compared to a couple of years later was like a whole new game so maybe Division 2 when I return to it after however long I wait will be much better than I left it but 2 just lacks so much, New York in winter was so much a huge part of the game's character and spirt whereas Washington for whatever reason doesn't have that kind of appeal to me.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Exactly. I have moved on already and not going back only because they decided to make the game "better" now. Why not make the loot system and all the things players find unrewarding properly in the 1st place!? Its Division 1 all over again.

So many things which should have been there on vanilla version. Unfortunately thats common these days!

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Actually the state the game started in was quite good imo and the next updates made it worse and worse. I'll give it another shot though, i love the atmosphere.

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Sure, kind of. But there were things missing people asked for and which were already included in Division 1, so people wondered why they decided to left them out and now they bring them back...months later.

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I'm not playing a lot atm, no point, all loot will be rerolled when the rework arrives.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Will be interesting to see what Year 2 has planned though first it's the last of these episodes and after that this upcoming extensive balance change which well it'll be a bit of work again but it sounds like a good improvement to the system overall though min-maxers will see hours of work setting up very complex and effective builds mostly undone due to the numerous changes requiring things to be redone again.

Either Ubisoft doubles down on the game and starts working Year 2 into a overall improvement and success at reviving interest and getting the existing player base and overall active players up or it'll wind down into supportive maintenance mode but with "Gaming As A Service." now firmly established I expect them to roll out changes that go with what they've learned over this first year and get the games numbers and such back on track though we'll see how it goes. :)
    (Same with Breakpoint as well and seeing how the delay also affected games such as Watch_Dogs 3 Legion in response to some of these less than expected figures and sales and player numbers dwindling down a bit.)

Massive might have some ideas but it kinda also hinges on Ubisoft not to pull all efforts into another game instead (Like the Avatar project.) so it could go either way, further long term changes and additions now or network maintenance and going into smaller updates once I guess TU8 comes out following TU7 mid-February I guess it'll be.

Well partially, raid itself I believe was planned for post-TU7 and I expect another event for keys and apparel or themed cosmetics again shortly after TU7 to also attract players into the game again or try to.
    (Not much for grinding myself though but others might enjoy trying to complete these. :) )

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    edit: nvm, I'll figure it out...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Has anyone else been getting massive DPC / ISR latency spikes while playing as of late?

Sound started popping and clicking and there were visible stalls in the game. Alt-tabbed out and started Latencymon and huge spikes pointing to nv driver or hd audio driver.

Only with Division 2 that I know of, and with at least 2 nv driver versions. No such issues before.

13. ^ I played for a few hours and everything went smooth. I only had one weird lag in like 4 hours of gameplay, otherwise stable 60FPS without a single dip.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Thanks, yeah it's kind of weird, played yesterday for some 2 h without problems.

Also should the stuttering start, it starts immediately and won't stop, but rebooting the system seems to cure it.

First I thought it was the 442.01 driver but I switched back to 430.86 and still got the same problems.
    There haven't been any recent (within a week or so) Windows updates either I think, except some cumulative update for .NET framework.
    And this issue was present both before and after that update as at first I thought the lag was caused by Windows Update stalling the system so went to check if any updates were pending.

I've also verified game files (ok) and ran sfc /scannow (ok).

Could this be an early sign of PSU failing? It's quite old already.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  15. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Started again under Hardcore difficulty, since when they added it?

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I think it was added in TU6.1 or whatever the latest update was.

17. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Ok, nice :) started a new character, let's see how far I can get without dying :D

18. ^ I've been considering this as well, but at this point, I'll probably wait for the new loot system. I wanna give it a proper "test".

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Guys I'd really like your input on whether latency spikes can be due to PSU? Possible?

OT but not really wanting to make a thread and just quick thoughts are enough.

20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I don’t think so. It happens only on gaming or idle, too?
    If you are out of options I’d also try to reset cmos.