Smokers?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by serious1, Nov 10, 2007.

1. dB

dB Guest

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    Most of those people also quit smoking.

2. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    fyi dosent matter if you quit or not lung cancer still happins 2nd hand smoke still happins.

3. dB

dB Guest

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    No one can deny that stopping smoking decreases your chances of getting cancer though. Not only that quitting will make you a healthier individual ;).

By the way you should add Clint Eastwood to that list :)

4. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    nobody likes a quitter.

-scheherazade

5. oldsalt

oldsalt Member

GPU:
    Gecube AGP ATI x1950pro 256x256
    Smoking is cool

Everyone does it. Go with the flow. Don't be a prude. Smoking damages your body, not just your lungs, it adversly affects the brain, skin, kidneys etc...With that said its obvious we care not. Other than sporadic, sudden episodes of caring about ourselves and the well being of others we still maintain a personal comfort zone. Mine includes smoking. I can jack my jaw all day long about the ups and downs but in the end I'm comforted by a good smoke.

6. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    I think we should make a poll just to see how many people believe smoking is dangerous, I honestly would like to know. It should be 100% saying yes, because there should not be a person alive today who doesn't know that smoking kills. My point is that non-smokers need not tell smokers the dangers of smoking.

I, as a pack a day smoker know for a fact that it will probably kill me and I accept that. So does every other smoker in this forum or anywhere else, I also know for a fact that bitching non-smokers are not going to change any smoker's mind about smoking, right smokers???

So, I'll say it again smoking threads are more pointless than AMD vs Intel or nVidia vs ATI. These threads are breeding grounds for flaming and just overall unpleasantness.

Just my opinion, but this thread should be closed.

7. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    lmao all you non-smoking ppl think your so damn healthy when your around smokers every day your gonna die just like us lol...

8. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb

who by the way is still alive :)

9. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Well I started smoking at the tender age of 13, and never really quit or slowed down until last year really. I'm 26 now btw.

Quitting however for me was really easy. Wanna know a good trick?? Here it is.. the million dollar solution..

DON"T BUY THEM

FFS people out there claim they're addicted and nothing has helped them.. what a buncha rubbish. People have no willpower is the problem. You wanna quit something, you get mad as hell, you bang your fist and say "PHUCK THIS" and you QUIT. Its that simple.
    You wanna know why people say they "can't quit"?? Its because they don't WANT TO.. See in order for a person to get stuff done, they need to apply themselves. Those that don't will fail.

I did it without any issues at all.. and now, I'm kinda a hybrid. If I drink, I can have a cig or two, and not think about it for months or crave it ever really.

The only thing keeping my lungs in such great shape right now though is my abuse of a lovely lady named MaryJ

10. mofo65

mofo65 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 9800GX2 SSC 715/2200
    No cigarettes, just good cigars when I golf or have a few cocktails.:smoke:

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    2nd hand smoking according to this research i read year ago or so increases lung cancer risk like 2% when compared to a guy who has never been close to a smoker...

I don't smoke nor drink but i don't mind other ppl drinking smoking as long as it doesn't involve me :p i have asthma so i really hate smoke

12. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    As many people have already highlighted in this thread, its less about death and more about the effects during life. This thread was going OK, don't start trying to flame things up with obvious bait.

Yeh exactly.

13. bcoupland

bcoupland Master Guru

GPU:
    9300 onboard
    sorry to be off topic, but what delightful rust-bucket of the deep were you on? you on a 2-and-2? i'm ex-drilling fluids, good to see there are more offshore tigers about.

14. alphaphotek

alphaphotek Master Guru

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 260 SLI
    so how about we talk good things about smoking? I think the media by itself covered that smoking is bad for you. What's everyones favorite brand? Favorite cigar?

15. theworldisover

theworldisover Guest

GPU:
    Msi 960 gamer 2gb

right now i smoke king mountian menthol 100's been so for a year. use to smoke USA GOLD menthol lights. but they went up to 26-28 bucks my king mountian is exactly $20 a carton :)

16. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    iv been smoking usa gold light 100s i just switched to lights. for some one who dont smoke cigars whats a good cigar to try?

:smoke:

17. theworldisover

theworldisover Guest

GPU:
    Msi 960 gamer 2gb
    i know they arint *real* cigars but i sometimes smoke black and mild cherry and some other flavors.

they are pretty good.

18. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I started in 1994, gave up 17 days ago. I knew it was bad for me but never realised how unfit it had made me until I played squash for the first time in 15 years and nearly had a coronary!! Gave up right then.

I too still smoke the funny stuff with the guys tho, nuthin wrong with some waccy baccy on the odd occassion.

19. The Fallen

The Fallen Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB
    Smoking is a waste of money, especially half a pack or 1 pack a day. In a month I could save up enough for a serious upgrade in my rig ;)

20. Chris85

Chris85 Member Guru

GPU:
    Club3D HD5800
    don't smoke personally...
    but i do know enough people that do

i don't mind the occasional joint though
    just for the taste of it