RTX 4090 Owner's thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Witcher29, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Thanks! The cable management in the back isn't as tidy yet, though, the PSU cables are just too long right now to have enough room to do everything properly. Once I get a shorter cable kit for this PSU I'll remedy it (even though you never see it, but the case should be easier to close then as well).

Hahaha,it's totally lovely indeed. :p

I do enjoy setting it to a Rainbow wave when I post pictures because it tends to triggers people on the web. The girls seem to like it, too. ;)

Thanks for the idea with the Care Bear Riding a Unicorn, if I had an LCD screen in there I could put up an image or video of that to "complete the look". :D

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    TheDigitalJedi and chispy like this.
  2. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    It's Just me. You know the Song "Paint it black" of the Stones? It's Like they have written it for me.

And then I saw your case and it hit me right in the face. So don't worry it's Just me. For sure

/Edit: and then I saw your Case - now I'm a Believer...

3. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
  4. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Been changed to a motherboard update now..

TheDigitalJedi likes this.

5. KenpoJuJitsu3

KenpoJuJitsu3 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090 FE
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Crap, now it happened to me as well - first time since I got the card (and my previous TUF) - launched WoW, got a black screen and the screen turned off, had to do a hard reboot.

There's so much information out there - any tips on where to start?

7. skylineGTR34

skylineGTR34 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650/1660 SUPER
    Returned my Asus RTX 4090 TUF OC do to way to bad coil whine. So i now got a Gigabyte RTX 4090 GAMING OC and also my new cable from cablemods arrived. Goodbey ugly nvidia standart adaptor.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Undervoltet to 900 mv at around 2600 MHz. Saves around 100 to 120 watt with minimal performance loss. That´s a good deal.

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Looks like you skipped the anti-sag bracket :)

9. skylineGTR34

skylineGTR34 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650/1660 SUPER
    Yes i skipped it. The case it self, has it´s own anti-sag bracket hitten on the back side.

10. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Wow, I've never seen 2 PCs in a PC before! :D

fantaskarsef and Undying like this.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Got another black screen after starting RDR2. I tabbed out to start MSI AB as I wanted to check something and when I tabbed back in the game I got the black screen.
    I don't understand how I've been able to play for so long without problems and suddenly I get it twice in a row.

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Did you get a card without coilwhine then ?

13. skylineGTR34

skylineGTR34 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650/1660 SUPER
    They are rare, but they are out there. Not many need 2 machines at once. But i am one of them.

14. skylineGTR34

skylineGTR34 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650/1660 SUPER
    Sadly no. It have less coil whine than the tuf card i had before throw. But with undervolt and the use of power target. Can greatly reduce it. So i now have it at a level i can live with.

Glottiz likes this.
  15. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    20221207.jpg

No more x4 adapter bulge hurray

16. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    A week ago managed to grab, what I can only assume by the labels on the original shipping box that I asked to keep, what was one of only 10 Founders Edition cards sent to MicroCenter and distributed to their stores. I had originally went to MicroCenter to pick up a vertical bracket I'd reserved (which ended up not working, and ended up making me want a different case), and the Corsair 12VHPWR cable i also reserved (which.... also didn't work). I also wanted to look at some 3D printer filament while I was there. As i was looking at the filament, i thought "What are the odds they even have a 4090 in stock?" And then someone else asked.... "Yes, we have only one left" It was a PNY XLR8 model.

So I go talk to another employee about 3D printers and filament and asked him a few things. I mentioned that it sucked that I JUST missed a 4090. He said maybe they'd be getting more at the end of the week. I bid him good day, and went back to browsing. I was just about to start walking up to the checkout line, when he approaches me carrying a nondescript brown box, and says "From what my manager tells me, there's a 4090 Founders Edition in this box". Without missing a beat I said i'd take it. He opened the shipping box just to make sure it was what it said it was, as he was in disbelief that they got FE's, since they're supposed to strictly be a Best Buy thing. Other employees were surprised to see it, too. Another customer asked if it was a 4090, and if he could have it. Sorry... already claimed. :p It's MY Unicorn, not yours.

All in all though..... I think I put together quite a nice build, scarcely-bendable 12VHPWR cable included. Originally had my build in a Lian-Li O11 Air Mini, but with the non-working vertical mount, and not much clearance with the side panel mounting it horizontally, I decided to just buy an NZXT H7 Flow and ordered a vertical mount for that.

PXL_20221208_021952643.jpg PXL_20221130_191333468.jpg PXL_20221207_201437588.jpg

17. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio 4090 W/C
    Will be nice when the 90 degree adapters come out. Also waiting on EK block.

TheDigitalJedi and chispy like this.
  18. Streifenkarl

Streifenkarl Guest

GPU:
    NVidia 4090 FE
    So this is how the FE looks in a white build. Not very good.

Attached Files:

ValSidalv21 and TheDigitalJedi like this.
  19. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    jesus christ... after i install driver on my gigabyte 4090 gaming oc it freezes. updated bios and uefi ...

20. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    Received my Asus TUF Gaming OC 4090 today. Installed in the Borg Cube

2.JPG 4.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG