RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Ive never had to use it personally, but its a nice feature to have just in case.

2. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    No spoofing being used. Your idea about spoofing got me curious and I tried a few models, out of desperation with no luck.

But it seems this has been a two part issue. Originally it was the permissions levels on shortcuts and executables inhibiting Radeon Pro.

The crashing/performance was down to having no page file set on the SSD drive. Have amended to 8192 and all problems have stopped.

Thanks again.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    RP can crash or refuse to start if it's not installed with admin rights along with the RP support service. I've had the same thing happen a couple of times.

John told me the fix which was to reinstall RP as admin and make sure RP service starts automagically.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Ive seem him post that in the past, but not a problem ive ever had.

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    RP has been acting weird as of late on my end, none of my profiles would save. I just reinstalled it like 10mins ago and now it's working again....

6. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    The missing options in Tomb Raider definitely seem to be related to the the game only running in DX9 mode for some reason. I couldn't replicate your issue by spoofing a DX9 only GPU but it can be caused by using this registry tweak.
    http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Tomb_Raider_(2013)#Force_DirectX_9_renderer_on_DirectX_11_systems

[​IMG]

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Let me guess it was BF4 crashing?
    You prob have 8GB RAM which isn't enough to disable PF in BF4 while running CF/SLI, especially w/ 4GB vram. 12GB or 16GB you shouldn't have any trouble when PF is turned off.

I don't know claim to understand the inner workings of Frostbite3 but it's easy to get a broad idea on how it handles memory.
    The amount of vram on the card is the same as it will tell DX to allocate for GPU data caching in system memory which seems rather greedy imho when there is 4GB vram available.
    Most likely why SLI/CF rigs have the highest commit charge and crash the most.

Players who insist BF4 doesn't eat system memory generally don't understand Windows memory management, or where to look to see what's really being used.

Data which is not sharable and/or various mapped files not currently in use by the OS don't show in the Task Manager graph. But it still counts against Commit limit since none of it can be dumped.

I'd be interested to hear from someone who does understand how BF4 woks and how to reduce it's massive memory footprint.... :) Ironic since I don't even play, but still curious.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  8. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE

Tomb Raider will not give those options if I have API monitoring enabled. Maybe then it defaults to DX9?

BF4 was one of them, though it affected several games in different ways - all bad of course. Someone else mentioned that 16GB is the optimal RAM size to be able to disable page file without negative side effects. And I am tempted to upgrade, though the cost doesn't seem worth it.

Yes would be very interesting though doubt you'd get that information unless you knew someone on the inside :)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  9. Xplodzion

Xplodzion Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX770 4GB
    In all honesty I think the creator of RadeonPro is an ******* for accepting donations for continued development of RadeonPro only to ditch us without any recent release and refusal to release the source code.

It's the only decent tool us AMD users have to boot and it's already starting to break from the continued driver releases, what are we to do when it completely stops working?

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Thats ridiculous.

The man has to feed himself.

Ive donated, and ive received s ton more value from RP than ive given in funds.

It works fine, a new release is not nessisary. John said if drivers break something, he will do his best to fix it.

Thats perfectly reasonable to me.

He has said from the very beginning, he will NEVER release the source, nor would i expect him to. Its his blood sweat and tears in there.

You come off as one of those immature entitled boobs.

Go try to find Ray and have him release his source for ATT.

Yeah, i didnt think so.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014

11. plywood99

plywood99 Guest

You're the only ******** I see around here.

12. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    It's not crowd funding.

13. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref
    Well, we just have to hope that someday, someone else comes around and does an even better tool than RadeonPro ;)

14. Xplodzion

Xplodzion Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX770 4GB
    If I was an *******, I would have done what this guy did. :banana:

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    That was uncalled for... you should know that I pay to keep the website and all other online resources. If that's not a good reason to keep accepting donations then maybe I should shutdown everything about RadeonPro that I am keeping online right now.

By the way, donations are and always were minimal and I never complained about it... and that never stopped me from keep updating both the software and the documentation. I am very grateful for all you guys who donated any amount, but keep in mind that I've always been clear about RP being closed source from the very beginning, you can find that in FAQ section of user's manual - http://www.radeonpro.info/manual/frequently-asked-questions/where-can-i-get-the-source-code

16. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    You should ignore retards with 5 posts posting retarded ****.

I don't think people care about the program being closed source or the existance of donations. Rather, they, ahem... are frustrated from the program being abandoned, because everyone had huge expectations and now is left with CCC, basically.

17. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
  18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hi, congrats on the new job...

I installed Raptr recently out of curiosity and tbh it was a disappointed.

The features which make RP so great don't appear to be implemented with Rptr which really surprised me since RP development brought you to AMD's attention to begin with - correct me if I'm wrong?

Do AMD realize that now RP is no longer under development many users will switch to Nvidia just because of nVIDIA Inspector?

They need to keep every user they have....

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  19. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    ^ Giving him a job does not automatically make them owned RP. There's a bigger price to pay if they want the source code imo.

20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I didn't say that.

If John develops software for AMD using his own code, that doesn't mean AMD own the source.
    RP was impressive enough for AMD to headhunt him in the first place, so logically RP features should be turning up in Raptr.

But if he leaves AMD can't use his code in any future releases without Johns permission.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.