Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.4 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LocoDiceGR, Nov 29, 2017.

1. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Well for sure hardware cannot age smoothly forever. But, expectation to work properly is justified and needed. It gives it to my nerves sometimes that I encounter bugs even with on-line surfing web browsing or HTPC usage or Productivity. Believe me with AMD I have not a single problem in gaming. In fact I enjoy my card even if it is more than 2,5 years old. At least for the games I play and they are far more than 100. I can't accept anyone from any forum even from "gurus" here, that I don't understand what a bug is or instability. I will not give the holy grail to neither AMD nor Nvidia. Facts are facts. I cannot accept toxicity against AMD users who do not give indulgence for ATI's weaknesses. The smart and educated customer always has a love hate relationship with products and services. It will not change from fanboyism and fanaticism.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  2. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @Romulus_ut3 Well..
    I approve what you say regarding work and all.
    I have 2 PCs, one mainstream laptop with a i5 4200U 8GB DDR 3 and a GT 740M 2GB and also this desktop on my profile.
    Since I use my desktop mainly for gaming and light video editing, I do avoid using my desktop for work, that includes programming.
    Visual Studio, java, Android Studio and all this kind of IDEs generates tons of garbage so I avoid using it on my desktop to keep my desktop clean for gaming.

As for my laptop I do use it for all that kind of programming stuff, and some light gaming when I need to be out of the house.

Altough, my experience so far it has been very very very bad with my laptop, not about the performance of it, but yet driver problems.
    Since W10 was released there was at least 3 or 4 months where I just got random BSODs pointing out to the Nvidia drivers..
    This was severelly discussed on the Nvidia forums, and the behavior that you see with the AMDIDIOTS calling out telling us to GTFO was also present there.
    I was called a noob, an idiot, and to get rid of my crappy laptop and that the drivers were golden, and nvidia had the best drivers in the world.
    The thing is, it was eventually fixed after 4 months!!
    4 Months where I got 2 BSODs during presentations on conferences..

So.. Both teams have problems.. and both team have people yelling at people reporting problems.

The fact that nvidia has more market share comes exclusivelly with the marketing, I do run an amateur youtube channel, and the marketing over nvidia is so big, that a lot of retarded kids already called me fake on my channel, because my HD 7850 was (logically) delivering more frames than my GT 740M, because they were told AMD sucks at gaming.
    And yes, lately IMO there are no AMD GPUs that I would recommend over Nvidia in my country, since all AMDs are bad priced in here and Nvidia makes much more sense.
    AMD have more problems? yep, it has, but Nvidia when it comes to problems, there are bugs that lasts for months and months until we just don't care anymore, just like people here that has the UVD bug on the GCN 1.0 which fortunaly I can't reproduce it.
    Laptops do use much more nvidia than AMD, but I think that is good, since AMD drivers can be even worse than Nvidia regarding to laptop support.

There is also the thing that happened to me when I moved on to ATI/AMD to try out (I always used nvidia, and had much more nvidia cards than AMD/ATI).
    Every problem that happened with my PC, the first thing I have done was to blame the AMD Drivers, because we all have some sort of habit of blamming AMD drivers for everything, and at least most of the problems came from other software.

And to finish off the post, when I discovered about the AMD DX11 overhead comparing to nvidia, I was one of the first to create a youtube video and post many proofs here, and in TPU and AMD forums, I even got a nvidia card, so I could compare the overhead, and even with proofs, the AMD community attacked me, I was nearly banned in here without hurting anyone.
    I'm pretty sure this would happen the same way if I attacked nvidia in the nvidia forums

Cheers

Romulus_ut3 likes this.
  3. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
  4. kondziowy

kondziowy Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT
    Jackalito likes this.

5. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    @ObscureangelPT

Not nvidia nor AMD is directly responsible for driver issues for their laptop products and most of the time they'll advice you to download drivers from the laptop manufacturer's site.

I do however, know from my own experience is that the GT 740M drivers were dodgy on Windows 10 at first. In fact, nvidia's initial Windows 10 drivers were a tad dodgy. There are plenty of discussions on nvidia's official forums regarding these issues, but as far as I have seen, none of them have people calling BS on others who claimed to have the issues. I'd appreciate if you could link to the said discussions where you were picked on? I specified nvidia's official forums because they really like to keep a clean environment.

There are rabid Fanboys from both camps, I am not denying that, but the official nvidia forums has a bit more decency compared to most other sites/forums when it comes to this particular aspect.

There was a time if someone mentioned their problems on a driver release thread in the official nvidia forums, ManuelG would've asked for appropriate crash reports/logs/DxDiag info, etc. to be sent to him via PM and I have seen them make quick work of it. All we've seen over the years on Guru3D is two of AMD's representatives disappearing. and one of them making outlandish claims of R9 280X possessing magical scaling capabilities not present in HD 7970 cards, etc.

A GT 740M is not even a gaming card.. not sure how wise it is to compare it to a HD 7850.

As for the rest of your post, I agree, mostly. I myself have said that neither company is perfect.

Having old hardware that's simply uncapable of providing an enjoyable gaming experience is one thing, and artificially rendering older hardware unusable is another. This has been the biggest issue with both manufacturers.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017