Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Mar 26, 2018.

1. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Just waiting for it..next month is my guess. With windows 10 delayed.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  2. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    No new games no new gpus no new windows build, I cannot understand what are we looking for?

3. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I don't get it. Isn't there any bugs to fix or something?

rafaelluik likes this.
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's several so it would have been useful to have a driver release or two more focused on internal issues rather than game support or squeezing more performance out of whatever latest AMD game is out heh.

It'll come in due time though I guess, I was unaware that RS4 had a new WDDM version (2.4) so that and getting a WHQL release out could be what's taking time and why there's been less activity with the 18.4.x driver releases from AMD but that's just a guess, will be interesting to see what 18.4.1 or 18.5.1 brings whichever will actually come out since April is almost over now.

rafaelluik, Rambo, Jackalito and 2 others like this.

5. arbys

arbys Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire R9 Fury
    I'm waiting for AMD to fix months old bugs like this one: http://www.overclock.net/forum/67-a...sage-bug-after-streaming-videos-rx-480-a.html

and: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/possible-memory-leak-in-4-4-2-with-amd-crossfirex.419695/

oh and some game freezes/crashes.

Edit: With Windows 10 having 2 releases per year now, it's absurd and unsustainable to have months old buggy drivers. What am I supposed to do if I can't upgrade? Disable Windows Update and let my system be vulnerable to malware? Downgrade AMD drivers even if it's unsupported and might cause issues on the newest version of Windows?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    rafaelluik likes this.
  6. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Well, mystery solved - I had HPET active. When I disabled it, issue was gone. Weird, I know.

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Not all MB bios have this as an option. How did you disable it?

Edit:
    Hmm I did some snooping around and useplatformclock was not found in Windows Boot Manager when you typed:
    bcdedit /enum

If you set it to false it's still there when you type bcdedit /enum:
    useplatformclock No

If you set it to true it will read this when you type bcdedit /enum:
    useplatformclock YES

Therefore, you want to delete it so useplatformclock is not available when you type:
    bcdedit /enum

Type this to delete it then reboot Win10 1709 (Fall Creator Update):
    bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

Reboot about 3 times.

8. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Even if you do all that, HPET is still there, you can see it on Device Manager.

The only way to disable it completely is through bios, but if your bios manufacturer hides that option, you can't do that.

9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    If it wasn't manually change I would not care. But because I know I manually added it to enable it I will manually delete it so that Windows Boot Manager will show exactly as it did before I manually added it.

If it was enabled in the bios, upon installation of win10 useplatformclock would be found in WBM when using bcdedit /enum. Not all bios has this enable by default, even if you cannot find it in the bios.

But that's neither here nor there as HPET is antiquated and win10 is no longer using HPET like it used to. That's why Asus hasn't included it in their bios as of late. You see it in Device Manager for compatibility reasons, nothing more.

Win10 will default to either TSC and/or TSC + LAPICs combo and could fall back on HPET if a specific application requires it. However, as stated, HPET is not win10 default. Windows 10 uses a combination of both hardware and software for it's system clock.

10. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -Do NOT disable HPET, some devices may need it (eg: some recent AMD chipset features depend on HPET for correct behaviour)
    -Do NOT set it as Windows default timer using bcdedit or everything else (unless you have a 15yo PC without a proper modern TSC-like timer)
    -Just leave it alone.

11. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Anyone playing frostpunk? What kind of fps do you have? Here with r9 380 4GB+fx6300 i'm getting about 25fps at 2560x1440. I wonder if optimized driver could improve performance. Game barely uses any cpu resources, just 4 cores/threads and even these in very little percentage (jumping in range of 20-40%) but gpu is running 99% all the time. Everything on max settings, only depth of field disabled as i do not like blur from this effect ever, in any game. BTW, anyone knows what aa method game is utilizing? I can't find that info anywhere.

I have vsr enabled and once the game started it decided to run at 3840x2160, i had to decrease resolution in order to get acceptable fps, in case of this kind of games about 25 is acceptable to me.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  12. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Vega64 Liquid Here, no probs -- all maxed out on WQHD. Frames in low 50s up to 80s.

But I think a few frames more could be squeezed -- via drivers and game opt.

OK, deep inside the game now.... and the perf dropped rapidly. To like 30-40 fps... And this on a Vega64 LC + TR X1950 & 64 GB RAM.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  13. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
  14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  15. sk8er_boi6000

sk8er_boi6000 Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 280X 3GB
    Anyone else running Windows 10 build 17134 finding these drivers really crashy with the RX480? Stress testing with furmark is running fine so my card isn't dying, but I've had a lot of driver crashes, some of which hard lock my PC. Tried clean install with DDU and that didn't help.

16. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    If this is one of early builds of windows then... what do you expect? This is most probably caused by instability of OS, not drivers directly.

17. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Failed. It is not. And insiders versions are equally stable to any wider release. We have tons of reports about monthly roll ups ruining Windows any version. Drivers is the most common problem.

And when an early build is crashing with an error related to hardware, it is manufacturer's wrong settings that break newer versions. Crappy code writing is most commonly coming from hardware makers than an OS provider.

18. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Normally I would agree with you, but... looking at the last few years of Windows 10 not-so-stellar performance and update quality (or lack thereof) I need to side with spectatorx ;-)
    BTW I assume that 18.4.1 will be based on WDDM 2.4 so this definitely should help. (New code-base, new WDDM).

19. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Check to see if MS installed Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable. If so, AMD's version of 2015 was deleted and might cause the issue you've discribed. Not sure why folk are being forced with 2017 all of a sudden. But it's happening. When you uninstall, even with DDU they don't touch the Visual C++ installs. You can check:
    AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.3.4-March23\Packages\Apps\VC15RTx64\vcredist_x64. Click on it and it should tell you 2015.
    Try to find that as part of your Apps and Features Install. If not and you get an error saying your cannot install it. More often then not it's because of 2017.
    ----------------------
    Yeah, Ryzen Master does need HPET when RM is used for the first time, after reboot. But from what I've read HPET isn't needed after that.
    I wonder if MSI AB requires HPET when the PC needs a reboot for something you are doing in it?

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    2017 replaces 2015 it's a bit weird after how they've all been separated but this one is backwards compatible and even replaces a earlier version. :)

Been using the VisualCpp.Redist.x86.x64_3.exe installer from MyDigitalLife to keep these up to date and maintained, usually it's just security fixes though so there's no immediate need to have the latest of each but anything using the VC++ 2017 SDK will likely need that version in place of 2015 which means the 2015 runtime gets uninstalled.

EDIT: v4 now it seems and also a updated beta script installer?

Updates the 2017 runtime again, now it's using Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable - 14.14.26405

https://pastebin.com/raw/46rfrtBv

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...butable-runtimes-v4.76588/page-2#post-1430204

And said beta version of the installer can be found here.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1omGHOLfYf7fAUlbTTRXOqNhsITyC12XP

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018