Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.2.1 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Few drivers back. While it is 100% utilization. It is not full load. It was increasing idle power consumption of my Fiji from 15 to some ~45 Watts.
    If you are not using ReLive, then just rename mentioned binary and kill process to prevent it from starting.
    Because process will be reloaded after killing. And in some time it will again go to 100% utilization.

2. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    No, it's been happening for some time.

It usually happens when you have a driver crash for some reason, probably overclocking/undervolting too much.

I usually reset the GPU driver using CRU's restart64.exe and that puts the GPU back to normal levels.

3. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    What's CRU?

4. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    Custom Resolution Utility
    "Allows custom resolutions to be defined for both AMD/ATI and NVIDIA GPUs by creating EDID overrides directly in the registry without dealing with .inf files"
    It's also a great program to use for monitor overclocking.

HK-1 likes this.

5. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @GroinShooter For monitor overclocking you can use the radeon settings.
    That's how I overclocked mine :)

6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    As usual this farking known issue, are they even attempting to fix it or they just release drivers each time with this bug and don't care?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Can anyone confirm this?
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...eon-adrenalin-edition-18-2-1-driver-benchmark

Dude got a pretty big boost on this driver. Looks unnatural.

@JonasBeckman
    Did you notice anything for BF1 profile?

Which is also found in the same link. Which is why I asked.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nothing for the profile file for Battlefield One but there's also the possibility that changes in the driver itself has resulted in performance improvements, either globally usually on a smaller scale or on a per-game basis which can be anything from fixes to further optimizations that might not always be listed in the Atiapfxx.blb file.

Both AMD and NVIDIA tend to have unlisted changes so comparisons such as benchmarks sometimes reveals improvements and unexpected fixes. I don't have any recent examples but I do know AMD mentioned in a bugzilla post for Mozilla Firefox how they had fixed a crash issue with Adobe Flash and Hardware Acceleration and then the driver came out and that topic had a confirmation how the issue had been fixed but there was no entry in the release notes mentioning this fix at all.

The various DX11 overhead comparisons and benchmarks people do with drivers can also reveal general improvements even if actual games might not see quite the same gains though the details for these things could also be more technical in nature. :)

There were entries for Polaris 11 and Polaris 10 which is also why I've recently started comparing the INF to pick up on changes to settings and files more easily but the properties just have a random string of characters for how it looks for a standard user instead of a more defined name so these could end up being almost anything.

Jackalito and Eastcoasthandle like this.
  9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Thanks for the insight.

10. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    yep, always do.
    trying to get rid of the drivers bricked my system.
    Spent all day re-installing windows from scratch.
    Re-installed 18.2.1, same crap; Eyefinity goes berserk, monitors flicker on and off like crazy, system BSOD's to atikmpag.

Was able to remove them safely this time.

Going back to 18.1.1, severely butthurt :mad:

11. gr33nbits

gr33nbits Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX460 Nitro 4Gb
    Downloading now, to be honest was loving the 18.1.1 no issues at all, both my ips@75hz and tn@144hz are with freesync enable and no issues found on any game loving the Adrenalin keep it up Radeon.

12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    @JonasBeckman I want a favor, can u check if theres anything in 18.2.1 related to Path Of Exile? (Profile).

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Path of Exile has a profile which looks as such:

<profile Area="UDX" Usage="PathofExile" Notes="Path of Exile">
    <value Property="Version">2</value>
    <value Property="CrossfireProf">True</value>
    <value Property="FriendlyAFR">True</value>
    </profile>

<application Title="Path of Exile" File="Client.exe" Path="*\Path of Exile">
    <use Area="UDX">PathofExile</use>
    </application>

Since that is all I'm finding I assume it's running through AFR Friendly scaling and I will have to see if I can find out when it was added because chances are this was before the engine overhaul. :)

Which from last I checked they're still implementing and experimenting with features, comparing the config file from when last I played the game reveals a new water quality and gi (global illumination of some sort?) settings were added.
    But the main thing is if this was before or after DirectX 9Ex and DirectX11 were introduced along with tech such as multi-threaded rendering support, since there's no specific DXX or CFX profiles that I can see it might have been made for the older DX9 only version.

EDIT: Let's see I started doing these comparisons around when the 16.1 drivers were released and nope nothing for Path of Exile that I can find so it must be a older profile.
    (DX11 beta being added in late 2016 and leaving beta status later in 2017 from what I could find.)

Jackalito and LocoDiceGR like this.
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Sry for Off topic.

Somebody has this:
    ROCCAT Nyth Modular MMO Gaming Mouse
    or
    MAD CATZ M.M.O. T.E.
    or
    RAZER NAGA HEX V2

Q: Do you can set Left Click to Double click/tripple etc. or set Interval e.g. click every 0.2sec (like Autofire) ?

UPD.
    Ok, i will use this one: ROCCAT Nyth Modular MMO Gaming Mouse
    Yes on this and Razor you can Configure all buttons ;) but this one is more Future Proof + You can set your button layout as you see fit :D

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Is AMD stopping to force Relive exes and service to run even if you don't istall it and don't want it at all?

Tired of renaming AMDDRV and AMDNOW exes...

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Wrong thread?o_O

sammarbella likes this.
  17. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    We know OnnA is a little bit...different. :D

It's not a wrong thread for him, he said "Sry for Off topic".

I prefer my Razer Naga 2014 left handed Edition.

Sry for Off topic

LOL

HK-1, OnnA and LocoDiceGR like this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ Can you set Left Mouse button to have double/triple or more Fire? one click and 3-4-5 clicks?
    My new ROCCAT Nyth arrives in Tuesday :D lol

And Yes it can !! Now think about BF1 and those pesky but Good Medic rifles :p
    I just won't bother to click couple of times, waste of time.

My Favorite is : Fedorov Avtomat Optical (one good series in chest) & RSC 1917 Optical (2 shots kill NP)
    But i want to try Farquhar & other one click Rifles

19. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    wow this mouse is fantastic I also want one no doubt, but here in Brazil maybe come 5 years ahead and very very expensive ;):D

20. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Does anyone know when AMD will become an equal company to Nvidia?

Everyone in the net is trolling their OpenGL support and performance still in 2018.

Cemu or Dota 2 for example are far inferior to Nvidia. Not mentioning other games.

Especially Dota 2 they cut off shadows and weather effects. Pathetic as hell. Why are they doing this? In my whole life since ATI they cannot stabilize and improve OpenGL API. Is it really hard?

On topic, driver performs as intended. No complains here. Very stable.