[PS3 vs 360] GTA IV

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Vorpal, Apr 26, 2008.

1. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    Who's that?

2. apoc_reg

apoc_reg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480
    Yeah really mate, if you want someone to tell you its ok to be a cock then head for a different forum.

U realise deveopment studios are going out of business because PC piracy? Ok not the big ones like rockstar but many smaller ones.

If a games good enough to play its good enough to pay...

3. eduardmc

eduardmc Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLI 900/1800/4200
  4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Its amazing that if you look at the replies we again had a 360/PS3 is best...looks like there are just to many pros and cons over both consoles that none have the edge.

So its back to kill prostitutes and sniping police......

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Hm, yes, 360 looks sharper with better colors. No more pop in than on the PS3 either. Framerates are also slightly better on the 360 according to most. I'm glad I have the better version, but 360 usually has the edge graphics wise in games that are available on both platforms.

6. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    oh dear , not this game too , i had enough fps chrugs in marvel ultimate alliance and folklore and kept tellin myself that the gameplay is wat matters but not this game too , i still dont get wat kind of f*&@$% moron was responsible of putting a freakin 7800 gtx in a next generation consoles , those japs aint as smart as they look
    :bang:

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    it's not a 7800gtx.

8. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Well it's something like that :p

9. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    modded 7800 gtx , happy now kiddo

first lets keep it civilized and not use vulgar words , secondly im not sayin its ok to buy pirated stuff , im just finding it hard to pay 60$ for a game that i can get for 1$ and with better fps , anyway if i dont get gta4 for my ps3 i know ill never touch my ps3 again

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  10. Smellybumlove

Smellybumlove Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4830x2 crossfire
    ok smarty pants its a 7 series gpu.

still was a dumb move to put in the ps3 along with a minimal amount of ram :bang:

my wife agrees that it looks like crap, she dont know alot about games (or anything for the matter..) but she knows what looks good and gta4 does not look good.

im bored of it already as its the same thing over and over again :(

11. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    Why buy a T-Shirt when you can steal one?
    Why pay for a meal in a restaurant, if you can walk out without paying?

Its just a moral question. You can pirate the game IF it gets released on PC, nobody will stop you. But you need to know that because of people like you good games are being turned into sh!t, because developers have smaller budgets.

12. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    I have the 360 version of GTA IV and it is visually a discrace. It`s a good game to play,but damn! its an ugly looking game. My HDTV won`t run at 1080p but it really shouldn`t look this bad @720p/1080i

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    So is 7100gs isn't it? Smarty pants back at you... Performance is somewhere completely different.

14. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    The gametrailers isnt that great really, as it isnt allways exactly the ame part of the game so the angle differences with have an effect on lighting, still think they look the same.

15. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    Not mentioning the benefit of better optimization on consoles....

16. eduardmc

eduardmc Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLI 900/1800/4200
    To all of you here, my theory is that this game in both console, is running at a lower resolution to be able to maintain the lighting, draw distance and everything going on at the same time in the city. this happened with HALO 3 and GOTHAM 3. 720p resolution can't look like a 480p game. apart from the cut scene this game looks like a wii game in terms of resolution. if you played mass effect, gears of war, assasin creed, bioshock, cod 4, etc u can actually see that this game is running at a resolution much lower than those games. infact, this game looks just like gotham 3 for 360 (which was the first game release for 360) which has alot of things going on in the screen but resolution was lower to acomplish all this.

developers never said anything about lower resolution in games mentioned above, but after further studies and claims from gamers / magazines, they admitted that the games were running @ lower resolution. this was around 5 month after games where release which is not fair to us.

17. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    I think that we need to consider that GTA IV is the FIRST game for "next generation". Its like GTA 3 on PS2. Im sure that Rockstar will make the next game much better, since they will learn more about each console, and ways of pushing it further. So chill out guys, and enjoy the game.

18. bahamut

bahamut Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS (G80) @ 600/1800
    More of the bigger review sites say they actually prefer the look of the PS3 version and say both have comparable framerates (Which I can confirm from playing both). As for "better" colours, the PS3 uses a "better" form of HDR than the 360 in GTAIV so while it may have the palette you prefer, the form of HDR it uses is technically worse and both can be trimmed to suit using in game settings. The PS3 version also doesn't suffering from the dithering effect seen on the 360 version.

This post: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1154786&postcount=6

^ Shows the effect very well on the Burger Shot texture, and yes the one you can barely make out is the 360 version, the one you can actually read is the PS3 version. This is obviously weighed against the slightly sharper image on the 360 version so it is a matter of preference not objectivity because both versions have their own issues. Also there is slightly more pop in on the 360 version, this I have seen first hand and detail texture pop in/loading is significantly worse on the 360.

While it is quite true the 360 has the edge in most multi plat games, beyond personal preference that is not the case here.*

* that is not to say the PS3 version of GTAIV is better looking ofc

19. bahamut

bahamut Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS (G80) @ 600/1800
    COD4 is 600p, Halo 3 is around 630p, PGR3 is again around 600p, GTAIV on the 360 is native 720p and on the PS3 is 640p. This has been confirmed at Beyond 3D where they are well into this sort of thing, pixel counting et al. The blur/DOF filter is an intentional effect to hide LOD models and an attempt to force your eye to the foreground where the action is taking place.

20. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    lol , im really touched :)