Project CARS 2 Demo Available

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Steam now offers the release of the Windows edition of the playable demo for Project CARS 2. The Official Project CARS 2 Demo was designed and created to allow players to get a taste of the racing act...

Project CARS 2 Demo Available

HawaiianBrian likes this.
  2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    The AI and the frame-rate 'hicup' (which makes the game go into bullet-time for 5 frames), are the two things from the original which aggravated me the most.

All the reviews and footage I have seen have not addressed these points, meaning that slightly mad studios learnt nothing from their first-time out, even though all the reviews on the original state these two critical points as needing fixing.

Patch your games before making new ones! Who do they think they are; Peter Molyneux?

RzrTrek and chispy like this.
  3. bulldog75

bulldog75 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 OC 8G
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  4. blazngun

blazngun Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    Sad they had to do a demo to curtail all the Steam refunds due to crap gameplay and bugs. Had a demo been available, I would never have purchased.

RzrTrek and chispy like this.

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Demo (shareware) was not strange some years ago, now some publishers rely in Steam refunds as "demo" and then cry over bad reviews from buyers who refunded a product they disliked.

It's a smart move from the publisher.

6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I've never come across such horrible AI in my twenty years of racing.

chispy likes this.
  7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Horrible physics handling , a stuttering fest full of bugs :mad: . Not worth it guys , save your money and buy something else. Bad Slightly Mad Studios game , they cannot make me play one of their games even for free anymore :rolleyes:

RzrTrek likes this.
  8. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    I really liked the first one. I played the demo and thought it was a step back with the graphics. It lost all immersion for me from what the first one gave. I am not surprised considering how good the first one was. I think instead of being money hungry whores they should of expanded on Project cars 1 and made more cars tweaked the multiplayer. added more tracks instead this is what we got. If you look at the people playing on steam 400 are playing project cars 1 and 700 are playing 2 nice community divide. Brilliant

9. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    The juddering I had at some turns on the first one is ten times worse despite a locked frame rate, unplayable .

10. jetbruceli

jetbruceli Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I start the game but it has a major green flickering over the screen. Every other game I have works just fine.

11. HawaiianBrian

HawaiianBrian Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 G MSI
    Unplayable rubbish. First one is better.