Profiler in Crimson can't recognize stand alone apps from Steam

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Profiler in Crimson can't recognize stand alone apps from Steam (FIXED)

Can anyone help me to figure out how to get Crimson Profile to recognize 3DMark stand alone after using it on steam?
    I use to use it on steam, found out my scores were lower then the stand alone version. So I uninstalled the steam version and installed the stand alone version. Now the profiler doesn't recognize the stand alone version. I can create a profile but it doesn't work. I set the fan to 100% just to test it and it doesn't work.

The Profiler is stuck on the steam version only. It will not recognize the stand alone version.
    I can browse and find it but it won't enable correctly because it only see's the steam version. If I scan for new games it will even delete the 3Dmark profile I just created manually because the steam version is uninstalled.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Another thing, the report bug option doesn't even work for me...I can't even report the issue...rolleyes.gif

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Did you also delete the steam profile one?

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Crimson does that for me every time I scan for new games.
    I've gone to the directory of where 3dmark is now. Add it but Crimson changes the 3dmark profile from the one that I want to the one on steam. I can't get it to stick/save to the actual directory to where 3dmark is now (non steam).

IE:
    I choose programs/futuremark/3dmark/3dmark.exe
    Then select the icon for it. But Crimson adds the directory 22345 to the location of where 3dmark is now. I can't get rid of the steam ID.

I can't get it to do what I want it to do. The above is just an example the directories aren't correct.

I use to know where those profiles were stored in users sub directory however, I cannot find it for some reason.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    If you still have the steam version installed, remove it.

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Oh, that's was uninstalled before I installed the stand alone version.

6. bluzone

bluzone Guest

GPU:
    R9 nano
    I too ran into this exact problem. But I cannot remember if I had to do a system restore or driver uninstall with DDU and driver reinstall to fix the problem.

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Thank you for this bit of info. At least I know what I can do to solve it. I only wish I could find the file(s) that are associated with the profiles. Back in the day they were easy to find and edit. It would make much more easier to know which file to delete and let it repopulate once you re-create your profiles again.

Edit:

As a matter of fact I've found the file:
    gmdb.blb
    Which contains the steam "installer_id": "Steam App XXXXX". Which for some reason keeps repopulating every time I delete it and make changes. So it's getting the information from somewhere else.

Just when I though I had it...

EDIT 2:
    FIXED!!! YAY!!!

Ok here is what I did.
    gmdb.blb is the actual file. However you are going to need to do a search to see if its found more then once. Like I said, it would repopulate the wrong info and it was getting it from somewhere.

Anyway, make sure that Crimson is not on screen.
    Edited the file with note.
    Removed the entire command entry, including the quotes for 3DMark with included the Steam App ID. It was only found once in that file. But check to make sure using File, search then enter the name you are looking for. Once you do this save it. Make a backup copy 1st just in case.

Then you sign out of windows. Rebooting isn't necessary, but if that's your only option then do it. Then start Crimson. Try to scan for new profiles. You might find an odd looking profile that's either full of letters or numbers. Just delete it. Then scan for new profiles. If it detects the missing games then you are done. If not then manually add it by browsing. Now it should exclude the Steam App ID.

If the gmdb.blb file is found else where do the same procedure.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017