prefered T-bags

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by damien666, Jan 3, 2011.

?

whats ur brand and why ?

1. PG-tips pyramids

12 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. Typhoo

4 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. Twinings

6 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. Yorkshire

3 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. asda value

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. tesco value

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  7. other (state)

10 vote(s)
    18.9%
  8. coffee dont drink tea

17 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm a coffee man, which I drink large quantities of every day; black, no sugar (sugar in coffee is absolutely horrible, yuck!). However I do enjoy a cup of tea every now and again, and when I do I only drink Twinnings Earl Grey with half a tea spoon of sugar.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    coffee here... have tea every now and then, but then I have green tea...

3. confused00d

confused00d Guest

GPU:
    asfasf
    this is a level right?

i thought u were on about ballsacks

4. CasperTm

CasperTm Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X OC 2GB Gaming
    I drink Lipton Yellow Label and all kinds of PickWick fruit... :)

5. rsjrv99

rsjrv99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 OC Windforce
    I drink a lot of tea, so maybe I can help you out here. If you buy loose leaf tea, which I highly suggest over grocery store brands, then you want to buy a pyramid bag. This is because the tea needs to float around to get the most surface area to diffuse with the water, which will mean better tea.

I do not personally use bags, I think they are a waste of money when you can just purchase a tea ball (linked below) and reuse it as many times as you wish, and they work better. I purchased a tea ball for $5 from Whole Foods Market near me, so they are not hard to find.

As for making your tea, I suggest paying attention to what the guidelines say on how long the certain tea should be steeped (green tea is 30 seconds while herbal teas are 5 min for example), and at what temperature the water should be (not really that important, herbal teas just require a tad more heat). Place the tea ball in the cup, pour boiling water over tea, dunk several times over the course of the designated time, remove tea ball and enjoy

I personally order all my teas from http://www.adagio.com/ (NOT advertising). They are very friendly and ship fast, never have had a problem. I highly suggest you purchase the samples they offer before deciding on any individual purchase. White and Herbal teas are my personal favorites, especially the chamomile and white darjeeling

And remember, making good tea is an art. If you want a good cup of tea, then a little knowledge can go a LONG way. I'm glad I made the switch to loose leaf teas, they are much better quality and it's noticeable from the shear difference in taste and smell

tea ball: http://www.amazon.com/Progressive-Stainless-Steel-Mesh-Ball/dp/B00004RIZ7

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  6. jason_20087

jason_20087 Master Guru

GPU:
    460gtx
    pg tips here can drink 10 cups of tea a day on the weekend easy :)

7. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb

I take it your not from the uk or from one of her ex colonies?

Because the british dont drink tea the same manner you probably do, for us englishized folk tea is like coke or beer (mass consumer product) and its mostly taken with milk (hence the quality of the tea isnt really that important).

My grandma drinks like 10 cups a day and so does my mom and on a good day I drink like 7 of them myself.