POLL: HOW MUCH WILL THE PS5 BE PRICED AT?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Loobyluggs, Mar 28, 2020.

?

POLL: HOW MUCH WILL THE PS5 BE PRICED AT?

1. £/$/€ 200

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  2. £/$/€ 249

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. £/$/€ 299

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. £/$/€ 349

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. £/$/€ 399

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. £/$/€ 449

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  7. £/$/€ 499

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. £/$/€ 549

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  9. £/$/€ 599

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  10. £/$/€ 649

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Let me put it like this:

If they release/announce a price of 299, it will be the smartest thing Sony have ever done - and will not impact their net profit margins, but actually increase them

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    would also me smart if sony matched the BC that Xbox has I have lil interest in buy remaster that just bring games to 1080p@60 from original, something most emulates do as basic function, and I not gona pay for PS Now to play game I already have, while looking the same with no enhancements (less that has changed) even then no, I have already it why cant I just play it. new system This one thing is huge draw back for me with consoles. PC wise I can play my games from 20 years ago on my current pc. Soon as console start to do this were I can just pop the game in generations ago or just download the digital copy I had from previous gen and it work. is the day I will be more of console person. I love my pc but not have to keep up with tech and swap parts, and deal with love hate relations ship one is gona have with windows. Consoles can do this, and frakley if the did it would benfical to them now one can play there whole library and continues to buy digital game from for those system. from just one system I stop buy ps3 game espcial digital cause A. ps3 download speed are horrid B. I have disconnect systems to hook it back. so it inconvenient to as such i stop buy ps3 game other wise I still would be atlest digital.

I would like it be 299 I think it gona be same price as the pro if nor bit more, I mean you are right in that 299 would great to protect there margins from PS+ and making sure people say with brand. that proving one flip and flops though depend on spec and price, i have psn+ sub and always will but for the free 24+ games a year it not online gaming portion.

I have always been sony and always will I will never personal own MS console again. Had 360 something I barely used and it RROD and went threw bunch of them, I borrow Xbox and One, but I dont like there controllers I dont care for the exclusives either. so not worth it to me. I love nintendo but I haven own console from them really since SNES, had n64 and stuff after them but sold them cause there contolers really went stupid they not really 3rd party game supporter in whileand game they keep churning out are no longer games IP I care for . forget the each new console get weirder and weirder controller wise. and spec wise? yah.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    A few sites have quoted the PS5 price as being £320 or $395. Could turn out to be true if Sony plans on bringing out a higher spec pro version at a later date. Or maybe at the same time.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    One store also had it listed as £800.

The most recent one is also CAD and last I checked they list the price before sales tax so £320 is £384.

I doubt the price is finalised, Sony and MS will be trying to judge what people can afford as things likely take a turn for the worse in the next few months, manufacturing costs could also be an issue.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    There doesn't appear to be any kind of leaked info which we normally see. Like leaked photos of the console for instance. Or perhaps the dev kit we saw pictures of is the PS5?

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    They should not be doing "pro" verison down there road, same the money and RD put to next gen if 10 years for generations is to long then stop have 10 year cycles

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Yeah true. It might just have been rumors that both MS and Sony had two consoles to showcase. 16GB of RAM means that only one console will be released. Plus RTX.

8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    16 of you were correct - Amazon France leaked the price as follows:

€399 Digital Edition
    €499 Standard Edition.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  9. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    These are decent prices :)

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  10. Right something that is obviously at a rate that would in normal circumstances incur a loss but in these conditions (people living at home) the economy (the appearance of a bargain etc) raise consumer demand & for Sony create backorders. Enough plus future sales to make up the loss? (depending on the amount of continuing demand/the product's success) Point being with 299 being so low I don't see it being 299 I see it being a few hundred higher; at least 200 more. Still that is low - we're in a recession; soon to be globally as well if not already and November may see the market crash again so Manufacturers are aware they'll need to incur losses in order to sell initial batches.

Hmm I'll hold my breath for now but yeah that's not bad

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2020

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There are no currently known prices as Sony has not set an MSRP.

12. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Well, it's a double-edged sword - the revenue they are already getting for digital transactions + playstation subscriptions is a very high number (*see other thread where I break down the dollarific amounts), especially since they currently dominate the console market as it is.

If the only thing they sold was a console, I would agree with you - but they are selling an interactive digital store as well.

I must add, my comments above the above were prior to my knowledge about Sony doing an even smarter thing: releasing two consoles. As I said in the main playstation5 thread: IF Microsoft sell their console at the same price (w/e that may be) then they have lost, because Microsoft do NOT have a digital console, which must be cheaper to produce than a standard console.

I really thought this round would be hard fought between Microsoft and Sony, like the ps3/360 round, but after seeing the PS5 console and seeing they got two versions right from the start...game over for Microsoft, there is no way they can compete with Sony on this. So, perhaps this is closer to what you are saying on the matter of cost? That, as everything is the way it is with the human malware effecting everything in the global supply chain, jobs, recessions - perhaps the high cost of the next xbox console (and a lack of digital only) will be the thing that finally kills off any chance it has.

Also, just to point out the obvious again on this: Microsoft are not a manufacturer and, the contract they signed to manufacture the new console cannot, be changed

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It will cost as much as single 2070Super.

14. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I´ve just checked Amazon UK and France and they don´t show any prices for the console.

15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    it was taken down very quickly - check your sources, plus, check twitter for the xbox employee that confirmed it

16. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Maybe, i´m not saying that you are lying, just that the price no longer appears on the site. For 500€ i could be tempted to buy one at release as long as i can carry on all of my PS4 library.

17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    That's the thing people want confirmed more than anything, and devs have got the key to that for sure

18. thread? Can you link post?
    Aren't contracts changed all the time? Isn't that legal's job? Microsoft is an OEM now fyi. Possibly not for current consoles I'm too tired to fact check that at midnight local MST but they are an OEM in the year 2020 "bud' so maybe drink a little less "know-it-all" kool aid... to paraphrase South Park I sense smug. Maybe link some more URLs too. Like your own "dollarific" amounts (even a word?) guys is dollarific a word? looks like smug

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2020
  19. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Normally manufacturing contracts are fixed to provide stability to both parties. They can still be changed but there are (severe) penalties for the side who wants to change the contract unless the change is also good for the other side.

Loobyluggs likes this.
  20. Yeah my snark & facetiousness aside; I won't dispute that - I am no expert on OEM contracts but from what I've read and seen; also what with the GlobalFoundries deal with AMD. Their old processor line - yes that's been the truth. @Loobyluggs I don't think you're incompetent or terrible. I'm just a curmudgeon. I think everyone here can probably tell by now. :mad: