Note, this is for Windows 7x64. Do not know if this service behaves the same under different OS's. So, since the BF1 beta, and the installing and uninstalling of the game and Origin (I had no need for it between the Beta and the games release), I noticed something peculiar about my system startup. I would boot up, and for the first 10-15 seconds after the desktop comes up, none of my system tray programs start, I cannot open certain programs because of out of memory error codes, and things seem slightly to moderately sluggish. So I went into services to see what was causing this. Didn't see anything specific (as I was assuming a Windows service was the culprit) After combing through a couple things, I noticed 2 Origin Services, both set to Automatic: Origin Client Service, and Origin Web Helper Service. So I tested both, and dammit if the Web Helper service wasn't the issue. Set it to Manual, and the problem goes away. If anybody else uses W7 and has this problem, give it a try. I'd also be interested to know if this has the same (or any similar) effect in alternate OS's. edit: sorry if this is the wrong place. I figured it was because of BF1 that I found it, so here would be appropriate. Feel free to move it to another location.