Official Detonator 43.45 release

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jesterpol, Mar 27, 2003.

1. brent c

brent c Guest

This drivers run and look great.

HOWEVER, they do not run as good as the 41.09 with messenger in the background. When someone logs on, my gamma goes dark. Back to the 41.09...still.

2. scupking

scupking Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT (675, 1950)
    29.42s still the best

Im getting tired of trying all drivers from 3x.xx-4x.xx just to find the performence to be lower then 29.42s. I get problems with games and restartes with most of the 4x.xx drivers. I just don't get it. I have tryed everything. There has to be somthing that is stoping the newer drivers from working up to there full glory. Does anyone have any ideas?

3. Wolfseven

Wolfseven Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI NGTX580 1.2gb
    umm 43.30

im still seeing 43.30 in the drivers when i uninstalled and installed these also they didnt say whql ?
    what happen ?

:rolleyes:

4. Booster

Booster New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 1900XT
    I installed these drivers yesterday after looking and reading good feedback on the 43.45's. But after I installed it, every once in a great while my screen will go black then come back like it was refreshing or something. Has anyone else got this problem? These are great drivers for my pny gf3 ti200 card and I don't wanna go back to the 40.72 nor any of the ones in between seeing that it won't let me watch dvd movies.

5. abintra

abintra Guest

Are you affected by the faulty Macrovision checks? If so, 43.45 doesn't correct that as Nvidia has stated that they will not fix that bug. I installed the 43.45's just in case but it still won't allow dvd playback even with the tv out disabled.

Now just trying to decide whether to stick with the 30.82's or 40.72's for the length of time I own this video card.

6. Booster

Booster New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 1900XT
    Guess I will go back to the 40.72's or see if I can get some money and just switch over to ati :eek:

7. abintra

abintra Guest

Yes, nothing like having a company tell you to buy a new video card to fix what their drivers broke cause they refuse to fix it.

8. MoneyMark

MoneyMark Guest

Rip the dvd to your drive using smartripper and watch the movie using Power DVD XP 4.0 I believe. You can play dvds off your hardrive just as if they were in your dvd drive. The macrovision checks will be gone as well and you should be able to watch with any of these drivers.

MoneyMark

9. Booster

Booster New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 1900XT
    But do I really wanna rip a dvd to watch?... I can aways watch it on my home theater :)

10. abintra

abintra Guest

Good suggestion but a whole lot more effort than I am interested in doing just to watch a movie that I own using equipment and software I own. Should have known better that it is up to the consumer to come up with work arounds rather than the company that deliberately broke it to want to fix it.

Gladly I am able to influence buying decisions and altered upcoming orders towards ATI and Intel motherboards (instead of going nForce2 which was the plan) instead of nVidia. Not much but I shared with them that the lost low five digits in sales due to this decision.

Saying the are only complying with Macrovision requirements I found out to be a blatant lie after Macrovision told me that they require no such action to be taken sealed the deal for us to explore other opportunities.

11. Marbles

Marbles Guest

Re: 29.42s still the best

You speak the truth. I've been having nothing but problems with the 4x.xx faimly of drivers. In piticular the games "Links2001" & "Triple Play 2001" just won't work in hardware 3D.
    I was trying to make them work because I really like the built in refresh fix, but finally gave up a month ago and I'm using 31.40 with the "refreshlock" program instead, on my XP install.

What I have been doing though, is testing all the newer 4x.xx drivers on my Win98SE install, using a test install of "Links2001". My thought is that if they work under 98, then I'll try the XP version. And the verdict of the latest 43.45 drivers...?
    Same as before. I'm thinking that the supposed "rushed" nature of the 4x.xx drivers has left some big time bugs in them. Most likely only the 5x.xx faimly will fix them too, or not, knowing my luck.

Man I used to think ATI was the company infamous for "bad" drivers. At the rate Nvidias going, they may not just be loseing the performance crown to ATI, but picking up ATI's "bad driver" crown in the exchange.
    What a shame, well the more things change, the more they stay the same.

12. Zbreaker

Zbreaker Member

GPU:
    Jaton GEForce Ti4200 128Mb
    Gone back to 41.09. The new guys give me tons of jaggies (AA don't work for me) and just dont seem to cut it for my old rig, especially on games like Unreal (yeah...it's an old game but still awesome) and UT (played under openGL). The 41.09's are smooth as silk.

13. JAGGEDUK

JAGGEDUK Guest

Whats with all this talk of jaggies, I dont have any noticeable jaggies what so ever and therefore have no need for anti aliasing.

Im running direct 3d on high image quality and no fsaa and the jaggies are nicely hidden, opengl jaggies are hardly noticeable either.

The only time the jaggies become noticeable for me is when I set direct 3d texture quality setting to high performance but anything above blend gives a nice image for me.

These drivers also give me a fairly large speed increase on games
    and a 250 point increase on 3d mark altho I dont particularly rely on 3d mark for results. so far so good these drivers for me.

imo it is best to have texture quality on best image quality then to have your image quality on best performance and have 2x anti aliasing on.

Best release so far imo.

14. god4sure

god4sure Elite Trini Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX / X300
    I have diretx 9 installed. Just a quick question. I am downloading the drivers right now, but I just wanted to know if the drivers are detected as directx9 or directx 8.1 or greater?

Thanx

15. god4sure

god4sure Elite Trini Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX / X300
    Never mind guys, I know the answer.

16. trevorc

trevorc Guest

Hi,
    I have *exactly* the same problem with a PNY Geforce 3 TI200. The 45.23 drivers caused XP to either hang or blue screen on reboot - tried numerous "clean" installs. Finally reverted back to my trusted 30.87 drivers and discovered that no way could I get any of the "Stereo" hot keys to work anymore!

I saw a suggestion of installing the 43.03 drivers (downloading now). However, after a bit of research I'm probably better off sticking with the 30.xx driver for the GF3 (ok, I should have done this research first!). I used Drive Cleaner 2 in Safe mode before any reinstalls.

Two questions:-

1. Confirmation that 43.03 solves the issue?
    2. Any other suggestions to restore stereo hot key functionality with 30.87? (Or is Norton Ghost + numerous Microsoft repatches my only option, since backup is 3 months old?)

17. BFA

BFA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX470
    ...6 month old thread should be dead.

18. bikerbish

bikerbish Member

GPU:
    GFTi4200 128mb
    you're right there BFA, I thought I'd gone through a time warp or summat,

Why are we adding to it ????? I'm crackin' up !!!