NVIDIA Very Likely To Reveal GeForce GTX 1180 on August 20

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 31, 2018.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    That was a initial leak saying, 1170 for 399$.

2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Eh - it's not like Nvidia hires more people during a GPU architecture project and lays them off afterward. They added 1625 employees to their R&D team over the last three years and their reported R&D costs have a increased by 31% since last year - compared to 30% for the six years prior. The increased spending was for upgrades to facilities in their new HQ.

So yeah, Pascal R&D costs probably paid for but Nvidia is increasing spending significantly... what all those people are working on is anyone's guess.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    But that's a good info. I personally hope they did not hire them for AI car driving.

Denial likes this.
  4. Toadstool

Toadstool Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    It's bizarre these cards are finally coming out. I remember doing my build this time last year and people were saying hold off on getting a gpu, the new cards are right around the corner. I can't justify getting a new card, or losing Freesync for it, but I hope for other's sake the 11x0 cards have a nice performance bump and the pricing is reasonable (though I'm not that optimistic on either front).

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    meh dont want to know i just spent to much on this 1070ti

6. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    I always get a kick out of people who believe making customers and investors happy are mutually exclusive, while implying moral superiority according to the company they align themselves with. I bet you also believe the rich becoming richer results in everyone else becoming poorer.

Every company is in business to make money and anyone claiming otherwise is insane. Provide the best product with the least amount of expenses in order to make a profit and drive the industry forward through reinvestment in new products. Which in turn has the goal of making consumers happy, investors happy, and employees happy. This never ending nonsense of people claiming how bad Intel/nVidia is and how virtuous AMD is (and those who buy their products) is just idiotic, and always has been.

7. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    This is why i rarely come to these forums, people are always so salty.

Skipping the first phrase because it's obvious salt.

Eh? How the hell did you come to this conclusion based on my post?

I don't see how this is a reply to my post when that's exactly what i was saying about NVIDIA, because this news is also about NVIDIA?

I seriously have no clue what you are trying to do or how did you came to the conclusions you did and also fail to see how this has anything to do with what i said, just looks like an angry fanboy to me.

For the record Ryzen was my first AMD CPU, and i only had two AMD GPU which were the x1950 Pro and 4890. nVIDIA i had at least 5.

8. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    really?
    History wise, x70 series outperformed previous gen x80Ti so far. Not to mention x80.

1070 vs 980ti
    https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1070_review,27.html

970 vs 780ti
    https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_970_gaming_review,20.html

EL1TE and fantaskarsef like this.