Nvidia is making mobile vid card drivers again :P

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by FocusedWolf, May 9, 2009.

1. FocusedWolf

FocusedWolf Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8200M
    For the past 3 releases on the guru3d download list, i've found same version numbers here for my card: http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_notebook_winvista_185.85_whql.html

In the past i've been getting away with manually installing the desktop drivers via the device manager because for some reason the mobile drivers, up until now, weren't getting updated at all (from what i saw when checking)... but it's nice for once in a long time to use the setup.exe directly :p

maybe guru3d should show mobile releases in the latest download list along with the desktop counterparts?

O and ya theirs a difference because these come with a nvidia sound card (or sound chip or whatever lol) driver also... :D

O ya does anyone know if their exactly the same as desktop drivers in terms of performance... i mean do the mobile drivers target longer battery life?

2. Foes

Foes Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 260's
    always able to get updated Nvidia Mobile drivers from www.laptopvideo2go.com , just have to download and use the modded ini file.

3. FocusedWolf

FocusedWolf Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8200M
    Wow cool website lol

4. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

But you use all your laptop-specific functionality, like clocking/fan behavior with the lid closed, special hotkeys to brighten darken the screen, and anything else that is in the driver and specific to your laptop vendor (special features).

5. Foes

Foes Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 260's
    My Sager D901C with 7950GTX's in SLI only has one function, to play games.