Nvidia driver 430.00 WHQL wddm 2.6

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Krzyslaw, Apr 3, 2019.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Not sure that I understand: you can't have vsync off in fullscreen borderless or exclusive with FSO in 1803/1809/1903? Because this is something that I certainly have working here in 1809.

2. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Exactly the same way with World of Warcraft. I have reported to Nvidia.

3. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Same thing happening in Metro Exodus for me. Too bad as these really make it run better. Sent a report into NVidia also.

4. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    makes one wonder who tests these things. Obviously a well documented and rigorous process done by well credentialed and experienced in house engineers.

5. WannaGofast

WannaGofast Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3060 XC
    The answer to that is quite obvious. We do.

peace
    wanna

6. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    honestly - that can be the only answer. Theres absolutely no way, that something so major, blatant, and obvious would have made it through ANY type of testing. Especially from a company with i dunno, billions in resources to devote to such things.

sigh. And this is why we get to pay over 1000 for video cards ppl :p /s

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it can if it affects only specific games but the test suite provided by microsoft doesn't show it.

8. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I can confirm: madvr HDR also works in fullscreen windowed mode with WDDM 2.5, in Win 10 1903. I had to roll back from 430.00 and 430.25 because they were both making my computer randomly reboot when turning on HDR in Windows Display settings. I am on 425.31 now.

I could switch to HDR 20 times in a row and not have a problem, but if i left my computer for a while (it doesn't go to sleep, but it turns off the monitor after 10 minutes), when trying to turn on HDR, the screen goes blank and after a minute it reboots. Event Viewer says BugCheck, so I'm guessing its a BSOD but the display device is lost at that point.

After rolling back to 425.31 WHQL, i see that madvr still sends HDR metadata when going fullscreen (non-exclusive mode), so I'm kind of ok with this, lol. I just rolled back to 425.31, so not sure if the HDR thing is totally fixed, but I am inclined to think it's a WDDM 2.6 thing (we shall see!)

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Beta drivers are beta, mmkay? :)

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Yes...but...[​IMG] is how some entertain themselves. I guess as long as nothing really catches on fire...

endbase likes this.