NVIDIA DLSS 3: DLSS Frame Generation Publicly Available At GDC / Forza 5

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    fantaskarsef and chispy like this.
  2. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Hopefully with better quality control than for crashfest Witcher 3 Remastered...

3. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    DLSS FG indeed has developed nicely, but that unfortunately doesn't mean their software quality would be fantastic in general.

4. Korc

Korc Member

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 3080 10G
    It's all very well pumping out DLSS 3 and FG but until the prices come down a lot of users are locked out of that tech due to cost.

Maddness likes this.
  5. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    I'd rather them working on delivering good hardware at a decent price instead of charging me $ for software i don't want to use even if my life would depend on it but whatever i guess ...

I could not care less for interpolation and upscaling and i'm 100% baffled to see gamers happy to pay thousands for such tech. Give me hardware able to run games for 500$ USD and i'l be happy,

gQx, Venix and Typhon Six Six Six like this.

6. Typhon Six Six Six

Typhon Six Six Six Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX
    Last time I was able to get a GPU new for $500 was GTX1080. B4 that I believe I paid $600+ for 980ti, $700+ for 1080 ti and about $950 for 2080 ti. I got lucky with the 1080 ti it was EKX and was on sale for thanksgiving right b4 mining crap. And I got the 2080 ti on sale from newegg. I remember seeing GTX 8800 for $800+ back in the day.

7. Korc

Korc Member

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 3080 10G
    But in some cases it provides better image quality over traditional AA methods so you do miss out (Red Dead Redemption for instance) plus it means you can have higher details at higher fps there are pros and cons for it but good luck finding a gpu that runs games at high detail and high fps for $500

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    What exactly is the alternative? The companies are arguing that what you want is no longer possible due to tech/cost constraints and no one is really putting forth a effort to prove them wrong so.. what do we do?

9. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Its not interpolation, its extrapolation. Its not upscaling, its reconstruction.

10. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Does it come with f1's glitching dlss3 overlays too ? :p

11. gQx

gQx Active Member

GPU:
    2060/6144
    don't waste your breath. they don't know what's good for them and they'll argue with you just for the sake of winning an argument. with people like these no wonder corporates' greed sky rocketted