No Man's Sky Next trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by vbetts, Jul 17, 2018.

1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well damn ... not bad at all. Good on them for updating instead of abandoning.

3. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Well damn No Man Sky suddenly came back on to my radar. Of course I'll hold off until I see what actually happens, I mean wouldn't anyone given their track record but yeah if this video IS a representation of what we are getting then I may just buy me a copy.

4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Another game downgrades by adding 3rd person. So sad.

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Third person mode is not required, it's an added option.

6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Oh i know, i'm more or less kidding. In a game like this, it's not a big problem. Other multiplayer, shooter games though, i just wish that trend of the game allowing you to cheat by seeing things you shouldn't be able to see would simply be gone. If people want that, they should introduce drones in said games.

7. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    This games slowly coming to its "promised state" upon release ( - Multiplayer bullshit, of course ).

Could be finally worth getting it.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    OK, took bit long, but now it is on my list :D

9. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    If they didn't have M$ and Sony as publishers/supporters, I am pretty sure they'd just grab money on release and were gone long long time ago.

Unfortunately, Sony and M$ probably giving them hell for poor release, so they have to keep working on it.

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I wonder if that's reason why game still goes for 55 Euro on steam. (Even with "Mostly Negative" reviews.)
    I think that game like this should cost 1/2 or less as it is 2 years old and big portion of its life cycle of support is gone.

While changes may get me interested, I am not gonna pay this amount for game which may see those interesting changes as last update.

11. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    It goes as far as 60% off on steam sales. Could be cheaper on other platforms. Older games doesn't seem to get cheaper, rather bigger discount during sales.
    https://steamdb.info/app/275850/

No Man's Sky is pricy due to Sony and M$ being part of it. Since they can promote on bigger scale and game will keep on selling.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Recent reviews are "Mostly Positive"...

I'm so excited for this update, other than multiplayer I'm really interested to see what community suggestions they implemented.

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Meh, still not going to reinstall it, doesn't capture me any more after the hype "failed". Hope it works well for those who give it another try, though.

14. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    It's still a survival game with bland core gameplay. They can't fix that. They can make it look awesome in videos, but playing yourself will still be as boring as ever. This is generally an issue with games where you can go everywhere without effort. It trivializes exploration to the point where it's not worth anything. It's even worse in NMS, since there's nothing to do, regardless of where you go.