{Newbie} i'm having a black screen during 1 hour of play.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Quickdux:MGC, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Quickdux:MGC

Quickdux:MGC New Member

alright. playing now while playing WoW i suddenly get a black screen during game play.

[​IMG]

The picture above is my cooling setup... Is my card "really" bad? Do i need to return it?

EDIT: i changed the top fan by the way. its blowing the heat up where its carried out by two fans on the back of my case.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  2. dEOS

dEOS New Member

Since Friday, I have the exact same problem with my new 8800GT and City of Heroes (this is an OpenGL game). Same symptoms, same solution: shut off and restart. CPU and GPU temp are not through the roof. I ain't even reaching 65°C on the video card.

I had several crashes happening at the exact same location in the game where suddenly I was facing huge rooms so I guess there was something up with increased GPU work or vid card memory transfers.

Drivers: 169.25 WHQL

I have changed the settings of the game to use vertical sync (and I see mentionned here as well) and it seems to have solved the problem.

3. b10h4z4rd

b10h4z4rd New Member

4. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    I'm also am experiencing problem. I think it is video card overheating problems :confused: Some time the game suddenly gets paused and the screen is still 0 fps with sound repeatedly playing. After some 30-40sec it resumes. I have also experienced UT3 demo problems. Monitor turns off not sure what happened but something stopped working once I had automatic restart also sometimes I had to turn off and start again :confused:

I am scared. Is my video card in serious trouble. May be you guys are also having same problem :dead:

5. Quickdux:MGC

Quickdux:MGC New Member

im still getting this problem but only in TF2 :(!!!!