New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    it's all about the pricing these days, then you also need to include AMD fine wine performance

Undying likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
    Its a tough choice right now between 7800xt and 4070.

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Both are skippable IMhO :rolleyes:
    But my opinion doesn't matter much, cuz' im geting Best or Top for every second gen.
    So my next GPU will be RTX 5090... My TiTan need to hold on till then :p:D and it will....

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
    This is the class where most people are interested in, 400-500€. If this continue on nvidia front 5090 will cost you arm and leg. :p

5. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    If possible I would hold off till you know how the 'new' features like AMD fluid motion and Nvidia ray reconstruction perform and improve graphics fidelity. We already know what FSR and DLSS bring to the table and are already included in your decision. Too many upcoming game titles will be using advanced rendering techniques and features like these should be big selling points.

6. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    Indeed
    For me id have to deal with:
    Raster vs RT: 4070 being better at RT(but not by much on some cases), but the 7800XT being mostly better for everything else raster (and UE5 games). CP with path tracing was damn good though, cant wait for DLSS 3.5 ray reconstruction, but sadly not many games offer this kind of amazing implementation of RT.
    Emulation: nvidia still has an edge for this though AMD is good (specially when emulation started adopting vulkan API), nvidia generally has less issues
    Power: 2x8pin on the 7800XT, maybe i could still get away with a 650W PSU then undervolt it, while the 4070 only requires one 8pin and less power.
    Upscaling: DLSS is just better, and even Xess is better than FSR on some
    Frame Gen?: Well have yet to see FSR3 but my initial experience so far with frame gen varies from game to game, the latency is real and that's what some folks fail to consider.
    Availability and pricing: My region is not a big fan of AMD for some reason, or maybe just these past few months/year (and if there is stock, it will be more expensive for some reason), market here is full of nvidia and barely any AMD. Im expecting some suppliers will get some AMD soon though with these new products

Attached Files:

Undying likes this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
    I would very much like to play Alan Wake 2 with dlss3.5 but then again i would also like 16gb vram and if amd really performs better in UE5 like we saw in few first tittles that could be indication of future performance between the two.

Like i said tough choice for anyone buying new used market is a different story.

ViperXtreme likes this.
  8. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    Oh yeah, forgot abut the vram fiasco :D

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Maddness, Embra and Undying like this.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well, I hope AMD did supply in large numbers, since I think the card's actually a pretty good deal. I hope it's not just sold out because they simply did not ship that many to begin with... and we have had this situation before.

Ryu5uzaku, Embra and Undying like this.
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
  13. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    I really wanna see someone hard mod the 7800xt/7700xt to remove the power limit, It's the only Rdna 3 card that can probably hit 3.4ghz+ without extreme cooling.

14. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    oh yeah the numbers are there. some vendors ship faster (powercolor, gig, sapphire) some slower (msi, asus)
    there's already good supplies of the former at net retailers
    AMD has sat on distribution for 6 months. if it was released in spring it would've had limited numbers as AMD cards typically don't relaese in big numbers.

imho, sitting out while last gen inventory sold actually works better for this price segment as it allowed the full shipment of the gpus from TSMC to get to AMD and then to the aib's allowing all to get the numbers they bought with no backorders. any backorders at this point are from aib's to vendors and i haven't seen any

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

Undying likes this.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
    7800xt sold everywhere.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

Embra likes this.
  18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    [​IMG]
    How AMD makes GPU chiplets go brrrrrrrrr

Embra, Undying and Maddness like this.
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
  20. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    RX 7600 XT incoming with 16gb of dram :D ...

"" It is reported that the AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT might feature a massive 16 GB memory which is 2x the amount featured on the Non-XT model with 8 GB memory. It isn't reported which RDNA 3 ASIC the card would utilize but a guess would be that this would be based on a cut-down Navi 32 SKU as the top Navi 33 SKU is already utilized by the Non-XT variant. It would be weird to put an "XT" tag on a Navi 33 SKU with the same specs as the RX 7600 and give it double the memory. ""

source - https://wccftech.com/amd-might-launch-radeon-rx-7600-xt-graphics-card-with-massive-16-gb-memory/

Embra likes this.