New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    They'll do that if they want to be cucks sniveling in nVidia's micropeen shadow forever. This is one of the biggest chances in history for them to capture market and mindshare. nVidia have gone full retard/Jensun, Intel are at the bottom of a garbage can that's on fire, and the only thing standing in the way of AMD is AMD.

If they don't take this chance to win over the gamer market, yet again, it'll show that they'll never be interested in doing so. It's now or never. Personally, I'm leaning towards never, but I'm hoping they'll come through.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Amd always undercuts nvidia but question is by how much.

Maddness likes this.
  3. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    We always say and hope AMD will be priced lower or offer better value at release but it's never happened since the days GPUs were branded as ATi. Time and time again we've seen AMD matching prices, maybe being cheaper slightly but never anything significant.

Maybe I'm being cynical, I just don't expect prices to be competitive anymore because the $200 price/performance has barely changed since 2015

4. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    If the yields are as good as has been rumored with only a 300mm die, then the high end Navi 31 is going to be cheaper by quite a decent margin to produce. It'd be great to see AMD put some hurt on Nvidia and grab a fair share of the market.

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
  6. I actually believe that AMD will be faster in pure rasterization than NV's 4000 series and I hope they'll be competitive in RT.

More important question is how well are gamers going to respond to DLSS3 and frame insertion. The dreaded visual artifacts are there, it's been confirmed, so it's hard to say.

7. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    I think the pricing will depend on what amd actually wants, if they want profit margin, then prices will be inline with nvidia, if they want market share, then the prices will be lower, but given the lack of Fab capacity world-wide, with tsmc handling nvidia, amd and intel , its hard to see how its going to be the former.

Maddness likes this.
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    They need market share bad IMhO -> and features in line with nV & Intel

9. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    obvious thats true, but trying increase your gpu shipments when there isn't much fab capacity to spare, is a difficult thing to achieve, if they keep the prices too low, then there will be shortages, which doesn't serve amd, since all that means is that the retail and scalpers take home the profits from high street prices.

10. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    The rumors have said both AMD and Nvidia have bought plenty of 5nm chips from TSMC in advance, so if anything there should be an overabundance of cards at launch unless both companies slow there releases to not saturate the market.

11. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    here's hoping, though i suspect that the rumors are false, the contraction of crypto + impending recession/depression would generally put both companies on the caution not to oversupply, as has happened in the past. better to come up a bit short with an elevated price, than over estimate demand and produce too much having to sell at a low margin/loss.

12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    But I literally have not a single red shirt...

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Nvidia will have advantage with tiny bit smaller node. But I hope that is it.

14. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I listed a killer all-AMD notebook with 5980HX / 6800M 12GB / QHD 165Hz for $1099 at Best Buy in the Laptop forum. Worth taking a look.

Nopa and Undying like this.
  15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Actually they are on the same node.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  17. Nopa

Nopa Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 & RX 580
    There may be a higher tier card like 7970 XT or Radeon Pro. I suspect NVIDIA will likely have to make both 90 Ti and Titan this gen because of unpredictable RDNA3's performances.

18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Yes different versions of 5nm. N4 and N5. Nvidia has higher transistor density not much else is known yet.

19. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    If that is true it will be close in RT. But will lose horribadly to DLSS3. Whilst I am not sure I would use interpolation myself.

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Making those will be hard considering the die size they already have for 4090... It would end up being same size as their datacenter GPU so not going to happen I think with the Titan. Well it could happen but it would end up being like 4-5k€. But Ti maybe sure they have left something like 12% of the shaders locked which wouldn't bring parity in that case.

Also at that point things might get a bit hairy with cooling and all that :D