Man jailed for collecting water in backyard

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by (.)(.), Aug 1, 2012.

1. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    he was collecting it and was going to sell for $5 a bottle...............

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Actually it is true. Nearly every level of govt Fed on down to municipalities has laws regarding usage and disposal of herbicides (pesticides) and many other hazardous materials. If by dumping the herbicide (which alone is illegal BTW), you damage your neighbors lawn, you're legally liable for damages. I don't know why you'd even bother disputing this. Perhaps I have the advantage of being raised on farm and live in a largely rural area. Another example: Generally, it is unlawful to use any registered pesticide in a manner inconsistent with its labeling under FIFRA. http://www.epa.gov/oecaagct/lfra.html
    Enjoy.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Well i did get carried away by saying "dumped",i should have said "used".
    What i was getting at was that 1 could legaly apply a substance that would polute the water way to some degree and have no recoarse.
    I do know the rules since i do have a pesticide licence in the states of n.j and n.y
    I also did get sorta ot,just saying how every day the water supply gets alittle bit more dead and its ok but if you want a few hundred gallons of rain water its jail time.
    BOT
    How bout when it floods his house?do people downsteam come over and take there water out of his basement?

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well in 50-100 years if the exponential growth of the world population continues at this pace I'm sure it will be. Although maybe our scientists will come up with other means of hydratation by then, who knows... :p

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Big "Butt" Creek... :D

6. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    When i researched about cypermethrin, i saw it is actually banned in US and some other countries in the World/Europe, but in most countries it's not (but it should). Half life in water is longest, and influence on water animals is catastrophic, while impact on humans/mammals is "weak", most of the substance is out in 24 hour period trough urine. That's one of good laws in US, and if he is judged for that, then nothing wrong with judge, i pull back argumment against this judge ;).

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I got caught doing the same thing...

I was collecting water in my bathtub....I told them I was doing it to get clean, but they believed that I was using water that didn't belong in the tub in the first place...

I got a minimum of 10 years!

8. Nichtswisser

Nichtswisser Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2 4GB
    Yes, and no. In true capitalism the state is just a vehicle for private interests to organize some recourses more cost-effectively. The state for example manages human recourses (labor force and consume sheep) and the human recourses even pay for being organized and controlled! And as the steadily increasing deficits show, this is not a profitable business and thus will probably never be privatized. The consume sheep in the end even pay for the steadily increasing "state" deficits while everything that makes profits is long since in private hands. Without the "state", private interests would make far less profits and would have to deal with lots of non-profitable and thus non-desirable stuff like organizing and controlling human recourses. Also there would be no more interest to collect from the always increasing deficits that we all have to pay for one way or another.

9. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Its banned where?
    They still use it right under new houses to make sure you get started on the right foot in your new home.(in problem areas)
    sold as Cyper WP or rightly named demon in all areas of the eastcoast.
    not at your local home center thuo its a restricted-use pesticide. it dont move much in the soil,but drifting can lead to water contamination if a tarts spraying close to a water source and that never happens right.
    sry off topic again

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'm not going to argue with you if you're going to change your entire premise when you said something wrong demonstrably wrong. An act of nature, flooding, is not the fault of the homeowner. As to the OP, I don't think we know enough of the details behind it, (previous conviction noted) to really made a call on this.

11. Dude111

Dude111 Guest

GPU:
    Im not surprised by ANYTHING these days bud!

12. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Oh, well, i read it it is banned, or maybe is my mistake, i forgot, maybe they just starting to ban, because it ahs strong effect on water animals etc. I know it is hard to move, but, again, it is people fault, who when they don't need it anymore, maybe not store it but well, trow in water or so..., there is also other reasons i can't remember at this time, not sure tho, but i was convinced it was banned in US.

Also, off topic, sorry.

13. Jhetski

Jhetski The Lonely Guru

GPU:
    Palit 7300GT DDR 550/1500 ^_^
    yay, what a ****ing state. anyway, what state in the US wherein you can have sex with an animal LEGALLY? hello america.

14. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    ^ this

15. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    This just gave me the idea to catch rainwater, which I can in my country. If I wanna do cooking or drinking with it, I'll boil it first though.

17. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    What does Utah have to do with Oregon? Wrong state, different laws.