Man I love food, what ya'll eating!...2

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Feb 15, 2019.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    ^^
    Man I would munch out on that hardcore right now! :)
    Oh yeah my camera stopped working otherwise I'd be posting more pics.

airbud7 likes this.
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    If it artery clog death? i probably eat. i only released started to weight 110lbs most my left i wight 95 pounds and ate like pig. I make this stew with pound chopped meat, onions, and pound of chic pea corn and potatoes tomato sauce and chicken broth then I just keep adding thing to over the years.
    Airbud that burger look like artery clog death like burgersmine, maybe not as artery clog death as mine but close.

Food is one thing I like and have always liked and I wont change the way I eat ,i think in a few years that gona catch up to me in the form of heart attack :rolleyes:

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I just up the training while eating what I like though I do try to maintain a more balanced food intake but I have a love for sweets and have been practicing hamburgers since Summer though I don't have too much to show in terms of pictures.

Also experimented with what's called a hamburger "steak" but still a ways to go. Kinda look like this.

https://www.kroger.com/asset/59404772bae8a2517539906e?data=1

Or supposed to...Although my own method involves pummeling a piece of minced meat into a very thin flat even surface and then throwing on whatever might work as spice served usually with poms and some extras like this green leaf like object or a piece of bacon (Or several...) and so on. Ketchup all over for good measure.

Experiments with baking and chocolate is also ongoing.

This gets to stand in for that.
    https://www.melskitchencafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Chocolate-Pudding.jpg

As my own results look more like something out of a particularly talked about category of German adult movies that were a thing in the 1900's or so the the saying goes.

Almost made something resembling a pie at least but it needs a bit more work as this was quite a bit not really 100% solid. :p
    [​IMG]

A couple more attempts though and some idea as to what I am actually doing with this and who knows.

That and two months on as the embodiment of a human chew toy since the new duo has arrived, Dinky was not exactly the most calm when young and now there's two so there's a bit of a storm of fur and teeth or the illusion of one with the occasional calm moment. :D

Still coping really well though even with a more active style of living.
    [​IMG]

Everything. Is. Fine.
    (Well the mobile phone isn't quite the best but eh it's serviceable enough.)

EDIT: To be fair though the chocolate works just need a bit more care and less "HUNGRY!" and throwing something together because hungry. Ha ha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Whipped cream can sort it out.)

As for food well if it's reasonably quick so yeah mostly burgers and various easier meats but mixing in more vegetables, something resembling fish and varying degrees of potatoes, pasta and greenery.
    (Sure is a difference between actual self grown vegetables and the store bought vegetables too. Unsurprisingly I suppose hah.)

EDIT: Kebab works really nice too, some flatbread some what's it called oh whatever kebab sauce and it can be a reasonably fast to make roll or whatever. :)

Grillings real fun but the cleanup job is something else and the flames and smoke isn't popular so not much of that this year.

EDIT: Active style of living....yeah because just bout anything would be active after over 20 years of sitting on arse.
    Well still learning more about food and about the wondrous world of bite marks apparently though that will improve with time.

Still fun and whatever it looks like once it's done as long as it's edible it's good enough for me although I'm improving it a bit even if presentation is less of a factor, would be fun to see how things go and what can be learned with more time, barely started after all.

Food, training, dogs and pushing well into the 30's now with 34 next year.
    Middle of the middle age? Eh whatever it's how one feels and age is just a number.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OldMaster

Would be nice.

OK so probably would be impossible but eh for now all is well.

Hah!

(Still intending to push into the 40's at least, let's go mid-life crisis! And beyond.)

Not going to attempt resembling elaborate dancing at 93 though, this is also a trope after all. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanDisservice And not everyone ages gracefully impressive as the above video itself is.

EDIT: So yeah food.

Well baking, cooking, experimenting what more is there to say, not always the most successful results but if it's edible and tastes well that's good enough for me for now and can be improved on over time and repetition and probably some spectacular failures and successes both.

Bit else going on too but all's well so far, getting good at pounding minced meat and making burgers and variants of burgers at least, baking well it's good enough when I'm not just mixing some bought ice cream and some chocolate or fruits.

It works just fine though.

[​IMG]

Or mix it up a bit.
    [​IMG]

Yeah, I bake, eat things like hamburgers and what else and somehow working it into a training regimen that is quite strict and getting reasonably impressive results.

Love of food alright, definitively not the easiest path but I'm having fun!

Photos are what they are but whatever, it kinda works and presentation is secondary as long as it tastes good.
    (I'm doing something right at least, still alive after all and no signs of amazing side effects and horrific things the body does to react to that sort of stuff, yet. :p )

Yeah the kitchen table barely changes. Ever.
    (Has some teeth marks and holes in it now though, had to adjust for whirlwind of fluffy bites after I noticed that.)

And this kinda looks like a messy blog or something at this point, well that's enough for now.

...Next up? Well who knows, horrors of home made single man in the kitchen pizza?
    (Going all B horror movie here for what can happen when good dough goes bad. Heh heh.)

There's still a few months until Easter so I might get some training in for the PeepZa!

[​IMG]
    (Someone somewhere made that, kinda impressive but probably a bit wrong on some level.)
    (The slug chicken hybrids are kinda morbidly cute in some strange off-putting fashion though.)

But then another holiday is coming up.

...Someone has to be the first.
    (but yeah I checked, Polka Pizza already exists.)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    airbud7 likes this.
  4. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Philly cheesesteak today!

https://i.**********/cJP2q098/cook-1.jpg
    https://i.**********/y6m55qFk/cook2.jpg
    https://i.**********/sXpntSGt/cook3.jpg

XP-200 likes this.

5. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Dog food never looked so good ^

airbud7 likes this.
  6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Stick a nice big thick slice of liver in with those onions and i would be in heaven. lol

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    airbud7 likes this.
  7. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    https://i.**********/V6tMfrn1/cook4.jpg

and the finished product
    https://i.**********/C1bBTypx/cook5.jpg

Good stuff I tell ya!

RzrTrek, big ROBOT bill and XP-200 like this.
  8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I have been thinking of nothing else other than i nice bit of fried liver and onions. lol

9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Man that is some good looking chow Airbud!

airbud7 likes this.
  10. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    lasagna and garlic bread today!

https://i.**********/TPss1k8p/100-6433.jpg

11. Wow, i haven't weighed under 100 lbs since i was 8. Not under 200 since 15. I'd have to cut both legs off legs and a considerable amount of torso to get down to 110......which is unlikely given my taste in food is similar to Airbud's.

airbud7 likes this.
  12. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    hahahaha^...same here SweenJM though I'm 199 lbs and 6'1" naked...ugly sight I tell ya!...

my girlfriend is ugly to so I don't feel that bad......:p

Deleted member 271771 likes this.
  13. Ha, i hear that. I'm about 255 lbs..... 6ft and shoulders wide as a cadillac. I believe the technical term is "built like a brick shithouse"

airbud7 likes this.
  14. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I think if you, me and jbscotchman walked in a bar....nobody gonna give us no sh*t I tell ya!
    :D

15. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    https://i.**********/W15P07Gm/100-6441.jpg
    :p

JonasBeckman, Noisiv, RzrTrek and 3 others like this.

16. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Love you too brother!...hey I'm frying some chicken now you want to see some pictures?

17. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    https://i.**********/mkm1hwhC/100-6449.jpg

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Let's just try something simple, egg and bacon seems like a popular idea and well eh it was edible.

[​IMG]

Using forms is kinda cheating though one of them broke anyway and there's bacon grease all over that needs to be handled a bit better and a bit more experience is needed overall but eventually it'll be something a bit less...that.

And something like this but less marketing presentation and more real.
    (Like a Mac D versus the advert image. :p )
    [​IMG]
    (It's going to look a lot less funny...when the yellow bit is all runny. Heh. )

Next step after doing terrible things with bacon and eggs well apparently it's to combine it with bread and make a egg-hugger alien thing.
    [​IMG]

Desserts more of my thing anyway though I've been keeping to simpler stuff since someone else is also quite interested in everything kitchen. :D

[​IMG]
    (Dogs might be taller than they first appear and they sure know how to use that advantage.)

EDIT: I'm more of a hamburger person anyway, not so good with the 100% self-made buns but getting the minced meat and mixing and spices right has really improved. :)

Beef and versions like Angus or finer really make a difference though cost is a factor of course so the regular is usually more than good enough particularly when starting out.

Nice little thing is that it can then be decorated and built upon in just about any way and there's anything from beef to fish and bird type meats in addition to buns and toppings, never going to be an expert or anything but it's fun to experiment and test.

Grilled wagyu or how it's called was probably the best I've eaten so far though it's a mix with a smaller amount generally because holy big bucks beef that stuff can be expensive. :p

Seems other marbled type meats are also really good picks but well it costs a bit more.
    Sides it's a burger and taste is the big thing not what's made from but eh something to try at some later point maybe once I've gotten a bit better at a proper BBB.

Big Beautiful Burger.
    Not Badly Burned Beef. :D

EDIT: And yeah still improving and still learning and it's going to take a long time. :)
    Ultimately it's fun but it's not always easy but it's also good to get away from always eating instant or eating out and mixing up the type of food and what's a better balance and sometimes it works sometimes you get something less than expected but eh it can still be perfectly edible even if it looks a bit different.

Going to take a few years or so to really get going but it's a start.
    (And then boredom or just a bit tired or not feeling like making anything complicated and a weird sense of humor and well the above happens, a lot. Ha ha!)

Dog has it's own foods and reward type and training type stuff too of course, opportunist though and keeps trying so bit more training there too but it'll work fine just have to be careful since he's not fully grown yet so able to reach and get up to a lot of things already.
    (Learns easily but loves to keep trying, never a dull moment really hah.)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Noisiv, jbscotchman and airbud7 like this.
  19. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    that's a pretty collie you have there!

and that's the happiest breakfast I've ever seen...:D

[​IMG]

jbscotchman likes this.
  20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Shetland Sheepdog or mini collie as it's been called as well because that's basically what they look like, fun and happy dogs but a bit reserved far as the breeds behavior is which can require some social training plus the energy and their ability to learn can be both fun and a bit of a challenge.

And for food well well it's a learning experience, I like looking up older recipes but recreating them properly is currently a bit out of my skill level so testing and experimenting with various ideas or trying free-form which well it's a learning experience ha ha.

Need to go through these two threads more in-depth too for that matter, always fun to read or watch and get a few ideas a well.

Vintage is fun too but that's going to require a bit more expertise although it looks like it'd be really tasty.
    [​IMG]

That gastronomic rebellion would be fun, one day.
    [​IMG]

(Sizeable portions like that though and it's more like one less G and more more S instead, care might be needed.)

1960's seems to have been a bit of Everything's better with Jello which while probably hilarious is likely less so when trying to eat the thing, 1970's seem to be mousses and such and in the 1980's the microwave brought the instant food world-wide but there's still plenty of ideas and easier stuff to begin with.

For the moment though I've gotten past roughly frying minced meat and kinda getting eggs into a less messy result. Progress!

Of sorts. :D

EDIT: As to the incredibly happy breakfast well it really depends though I do agree on it looking happy and cheerful in this arrangement.

I'm fairly positive overall but for others well Friday it'll probably be right side up just in time for the weekend but Monday as the start of another working week well there's a chance it'll get rotated just a bit.

EDIT: Well that's a bit of my opinions and weird results at least, ideas and all but it'll take a while to get that good far as recreating some of it but it's always worth giving it a try.

Just have to remember to take some pics of it, better camera eventually too perhaps.
    Well, depending on results at least hah!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Noisiv, jbscotchman and airbud7 like this.