Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Type-R

Type-R Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 780 Ti
    Lunayah Good job, thank you very much

2. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Yes thats the one man :)

you are welcome sir

3. sulleyboo0

sulleyboo0 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780ti SLI
    Hey man, I just sent you a PM with some questions. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks much for your effort with this mod/improvement.

4. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    You really did it. Just had a quick glimpse at the mod. Awesome! :) Now in my game to stay there. ^^

BTW: Since you're being so helpful to mod your mod of a mod (xD)...can you tell me how to get rid of the 2D splashes during rain. I find them rather ugle, like 2D sprite fire from days of old. :D

5. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    thats a tricky one man I will upload and updated version soon with a few tweaks but no request. my mod keeps its signature look =) its just me. hahaha

6. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    I might be wrong, but this effect is unique to your mod, isn't it? Well I just hope you remember how you put it in so I can put it out. I can do all the unpacking and editing myself, just need the how-to / what to look for. I also have a hex-editor...:D

7. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    It actually is unique to my mod
    just mod the wind_cty.game.xml
    go to section where the rain splashes are and reduce the color intensity and the size

than just go to the engine render files and reduce the amount of visible rain splashes on geometrys i think

8. iLLuMiNaTi

iLLuMiNaTi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Really great job! I love it!

9. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Guest

GPU:
    Mhm...okay, I guess there is another obstacle. Windy_City.game.xml is encrypted...isn't it? I can open it with a hex editor alright, but obviously this doesn't let me use any kind of search for a keyword like "rain".

Well I might've been a bit overenthusiastic I guess. :D

PS: If you're going to optimize the effect anyway I guess I can just wait for the next version. ^^

10. leandrobasi

leandrobasi New Member

GPU:
    R7970 lightining
    Thanks for your efforts and share with us. I actually use the 0.7 the worse with bosdof (better for me) and a preset in sweetfx and the graphics are awesome with very good performance. I tested your mod in my PC and the graphics are very very good, but… a lot of flickering on car headlights. I try multiple settings and the flickering don’t reduced then I turn to the worse 0.7 (better version) for now! But thanks.

11. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    i like the vanilla look and performance as im more into physical based organic realtime rendering results then to artificial hard ones i just try to improve the coherence of different light situations so they match better and especially show the story characters beauty :)

This might show you better how im thinking in my own visual language how i see Watch_Dogs Chicago and Aiden Pearce :)

[​IMG]

Sorry but nothing really blends in seamlessly in that output result it's completely chaotic from the look and feel of all objects and the specular response is everything but realistic also consistency is often more worth then realism.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  12. johnnyman28

johnnyman28 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 290 DirectCU II
    here are some screenshots from the mod!!its awesome man!!the best i used so far!i use ultra textures and the perfomance is very good almost 0 stutter!!! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  13. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X

i know what you mean about the wind power

Dynamic by weather

another video by your wind_city.xml but tweak sweetfx

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5b...it?usp=sharing

14. justdefied

justdefied Guest

GPU:
    GTX770
    Anyone else get the glitch where the gun is stuck firing? Can't put it away and it constantly fires. Tried entering cars, jumping over obstacles, etc. I stay zoomed in and firing my gun. It's only happened when I applied this patch (Have used other patches and hasn't happened before)

15. Malevolenced

Malevolenced Guest

GPU:
    780ti 3GB
    Hi Lunayah, first let me tell you that you did a nice mod here, I love the graphics, but there are some stuff I found:

-For some reason, I get better performance and no stuttering with TheWorse Mod 0.8.
    -Getting some stuttering with your version.
    -Sometimes it is too windy, I was playing poker and the tie of a guy was all flying around like crazy haha it was funny ^^
    -Flickering with car lights, no idea why, it seems that is because of the shadows (also I am using shadows in High because of the stuttering)
    -Sometimes the rain is very heavy but as I move the rain is slower, then after a couple of seconds it raining hard again, and this keep happening the whole time that rains.

btw, I am not using sweetfx.

Please do not consider my post as a negative feedback, I really like the mod and appreciate your dedication, just wanted to give you some feedback.

16. Khan213

Khan213 Guest

GPU:
    HD 7990
    Installtion in details

@Lunayah

Hi Lunayah ,

I am new in mod and I want to know the installation instructions of your mod. I have to install theworse 0.8 mod first then your patch? Am I right? Please give me your advise and I am totally new and all mod thread are too long and with thousands opinions, so please give me final and your best installation instructions from beginning so I start to install.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  17. Sinji

Sinji Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid
    Directions:

Unpack and put the patch files in your data_win64 folder
    Get sweetfx and then put my preset in the bin folder
    And replace your gamerprofile with mine.

From the first post. This is literally the only thing you have to do. Everything you need are in the patch files.

Oh and don't play on ultimate textures, I experienced freezes with it. High textures look almost the same and is much better for the fps.

18. lluukkman

lluukkman Guest

GPU:
    HIS ICEQ R9 280 3GB VRAM
    Hi Lunayah!
    first I want to thank to you because your tweaking is so amazing. no stuttering again in my rig! also your hard work is the best I can play. I can't post screenshot because my post is under 5.

but with this post I want to know how to fix the bug trees? trees sway is sooo quick and it's not realistic at all. anyone can help to solve this?

I use your xml file, your sweetfx preset, and all that you told in the first post.

19. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    I will actually look into those shaders a bit.

Thats a strange glitch my friend. I dont think the mod is causing it since I have no changes on the game play mechanic.

I appreciate all feedback:)

as to performance and stuttering this is very divided between people and cant really speak for it. My lods are higher than on the worse mod. And graphics are higher too. that may cause this mod to eat a few frames depending on your gpu. The flickering is something some get and others dont as well I have little insight on this. however the headlight shadows produce this. We could choose between having the shadows or not having the flicker i supposed. at least for now. The trees have been fixed to my knowledge... and the weather system has been change to be more drastic. different intensities

tree fix should be working at least for me it does

Im glad you all enjoy the mod and im sorry if some things dont work as intended.

20. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    whaooo those pics are looking sweet...:)