Lance Armstrong losing trophies

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Goutan, Aug 24, 2012.

1. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Any person that gives up all those Tour wins and his good name is a fool or guilty.

I await the detailed interview with him where he says he's not guilty but too tired and rich to fight the accusations anymore.

2. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Seriously? Your logic is embarrassing. Please keep it hidden from us in the future.

He's not defending his "honor" against a group of people who don't even have jurisdiction over the races he was in. They've CLAIMED jurisdiction, retroactively.

What's more, his "honor" is at stake in arbitration with absolutely no rules to evidence admissibility. They can show off his positive doping test, the invalid one where the chain of custody is ****ed. They can rely on hearsay from teammates and coaches.

Best case scenario, they parade up some admitted dopers to call him a doper (they'll still be allowed to race though, not Lance, good deal they made).

And its not as if this is the first time. He was under federal investigation for two years, dropped by the way, for this same thing. This kind of thing has been haunting him forever. Even as he won, everyone couldn't shut up about it, and it hasn't become quieter since then.

But time and effort? Man's a cancer survivor. Time and effort are way different quantities for him than anyone else.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  3. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Seriously? Opinion is free and I'm entitled to mine, so in answer to your 'embarrassing' opinion, no. I post my opinion how and when I chose if this offends you tough.

He's a weakling for caving in.

4. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Funny I see it the other way, I have more respect for him for defying the authority of a kangaroo court that convicted 58 of 60 of the previous cases it tried.

Full disclosure though, I despise arbitration in general.

5. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Thanks for responding to what I posted. You can have your opinions, and we can all stand back and behold your unwillingness to defend them in any manner.

Hell, you want him to go through a lifetime of court cases, but you can't even defend your damning in a 3 minute forum post on the internet.

Best you've got is "He's a weakling" "He has no honor"

To me, it's becoming clear you don't know anything at all about what's been going on in even the most basic sense.

At the heart of the matter is this:

The organization that wants to go through this arbitration has witnesses prepared. Previous/current riders to condemn Armstrong for doping. Most of these witnesses have come forth as dopers as well. What's more, these riders, as far as we know, will be allowed to continue to compete while Lance will not.

But here you go. Literally the only "positive" test Lance has ever failed are the EPO ones in 2009/2010. Of course, that's what the press release says. It doesn't mention things like

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080626100921.htm

The witnesses against him came up at the federal investigation also.

No charges were filed.

6. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    It's a question of which point of view you take. Personally, I go toe-to-toe with anyone challenging my integrity or honour.

7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I don't really think hes caving in to anything hallryu. He's playing the hurt dog on purpose.

Also this whole thing about him being accused of cheating for a decade is bull. None of those accusations put his life's work in jeopardy, this time it does. Before now it was non-trivial, now not so much. Way different.

But again, let the guy keep his trophies. The truth his he won them, since they are all pretty much doping, he still won them fairly.

And we should keep his charity separate. It has nothing to do with this.
    People obviously still suffer from cancer.

8. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Oh, you mean how federal criminal investigations into defrauding the US Postal service are trivial?

9. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    When he said that he was giving up on defending his trophies, the excuse was that we was tired of being accused of cheating... for a decade. None of those accusations truly put his winnings on the line. Until now.
    Those weird criminal investigations have nothing to do with him cheating. Or losing his trophies.

10. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Sheesh, how many times should a peson be tried for the same crime? I don't blame him one bit...F all the idoits that have hounded him for years while he's never tested positive.

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I dont know they had 10 teammates ready to say he was a dope(r),maybe some are living a lie and cant see thruogh his cancer.

12. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    your right. Lance did not want to attend the court where one after another, people would have testified to seeing him dope his blood. Interesting that most of the Lance defenders are those from the US.

13. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Logically this implies it's interesting that most of the Lance haters are those not from the US, and being the analytical objective Übermensch that you are, I imagine you naturally find this just as interesting.

I do not believe this is valid logic either way.

14. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Banning any athlete and stripping them of their wins should be based upon the evidence.

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well Tyler Hamilton ( a team mate of armstrong) wrote a book , which reveal all secrets. will be released 5th of september which is next week. epo,testosteron,blood transfusions. everyone did it.

looking forward what will happen.

16. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    There is a problem in this case, which makes it special.

There is an evidence, BUT, it was an allowed evidence.

He was allowed to ride with more "X" levels because they were part of his cancer cure (apart from other accusations). Theorically they weren't allowed, but in his case they made an exception, and seeing that everyone but him has had weak days (considering that everyone also make bad practise), makes people think that he shouldnt have been allowed to compete with those level of "X".

Take X as those drugs he took for cancer.

17. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lance only has one nut, and male hormones are produced primarily in the testicles so he had to replace the lost hormones.

That's only part of what he's being accused of. They're claiming a massive conspiracy.

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yep they claim everyone also took epo for instance, which has nothing to do with cancer at all.

19. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  20. Mike V

Mike V Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Hellhound
    Barry, Leipheimer, Vande Velde, Danielson and Zabriskie all admit they were using while riding for US Postal. Would be kind of strange if Armstrong was the only one not using...

Some of them are active today and will be suspended for 6 months. I highly doubt they would come out with this if it wasn't true.

USADA claims they have proof of payments, e-mails and scientific tests that prove the use of doping.

I'm a huge cycling fan(I'm Belgian what do you expect?) and i think most of us who follow cycling know that in the past most top riders where using something. Maybe even now.