Lance Armstrong losing trophies

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Goutan, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Goutan

Goutan Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti
  2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I can't blame him for not giving a damn anymore. Why waste so much effort on fighting for pointless trophies. He knows he won legitimately, and him just saying eff it is pretty good evidence that he was clean the whole time. I mean, the man did come close to death multiple times. I'm sure he greatly values his time now.

3. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Its known that most current bikers are doping, and specially considering armstrong destroyed everyone and everyone else in his time was doping (either recognised by them or discovered) too...

Also armstrong was allowed to take even more because of his illness...

I like to watch ciclism, but its not the most legal (in doping terms) of sports, well, every sport is illegal, but in ciclism at least they care about it... I think its about dont take more drugs than everyone else.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    if there is one unfair sport , its gotta be cycling.

5. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    "Armstrong, who never failed a doping test,....."
    :3eyes:

6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I don´t have anything against Armstrong but i really don´t believe he didn´t used doping to win all the competitions he did. For me is physically impossible for cyclists to do what they do without any kind of help...

Even more i believe doping is widely spread among the most demanding physical sports out there, for example i don´t believe Bolt is that much better than all the others he can even afford to slow down at the end of his races, i believe he uses some sort of doping like crazy!...
    Even football that is my favourite sport is tainted by doping because the´res no way players can do up to 70 games in a season like they without resorting to help not to mention some players that at the beginning of their careers are skinny as hell and after a while become like horses when in certain physical aspects...

For me doping is already a normal "tool" for top professional athletes worldwide...

7. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Only way to iradicate doping is life time bans. No it's no buts, life means life.

If he was doping, he lied to us, his fans and himself. That makes him a loser, fabulous genetics or not.

8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The unfortunate thing is that doping is more widespread than those that get caught. They take the risk simply because they know it's a percentages game. HGH is one of the easiest things to do, simply because it bulks you up and increases your physical ability, which you retain even after going off it (like steroids etc), except for the fact that it's 'natural' and everybody has it in their bodies at varying amounts, so it doesn't trigger drug tests. Only massively unacceptable levels are obvious doping cases, but that would rarely happen since the HGH would return to more normal levels once you go off it.

Take HGH, train, go off it, go to competition, go back on it...

It is cheating, just like taking testosterone.

9. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Random testing off season paid for by the stripped assets and earnings of cheaters, simples.

10. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

He has a heart 30% bigger than a normal human.

11. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Who cares cycling is boring.

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    It's naive to be believe that any top level athletes in any sport aren't doping. Every scientist of any sort that I know and myself are firm believers that they're all on everything they can get away with, based much on fact rather than blind guesswork. And no, I'm not going to start a conversation and argue with anyone on this, believe whatever you want.

It's sad that that there is one scapegoat here when I would bet anything they're all doping.

13. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    You noticed that too...I always found that a little off. Only guy I see "letting off" before he crosses the line...:3eyes:

It is sad tho that it seems that most professional sports these days are plagued by this sort of thing. But then mentality seems to be "well they must be doing it so if I want to compete I have to as well"

Do I think Armstrong doped? I don't know for sure he certainly was impressive. But it has really turned into a witch hunt against him either way with alot of hearsay and conjecture rather than hard facts.
    I really wish he hadn't given up but it really does seem like he is getting railroaded by USADA and I guess after 17 years of allegations and them even breaking their own rules to persecute him I can see why he has finally had enough.

His Statement in case anyone hadn't read it.

As a "former" Cyclist and Bicycle Mechanic(I say former because I have a neck full of Titanium from a cycling accident) He was definitely someone to look up to.

14. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    apparently having genetical advantages is acceptable but balancing the playing field with drugs isn't?

dat logic

15. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Your opinion is boring.

16. nodo

nodo Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT260
    They should just establish an "open doping class" for cycling.
    Imagine the intense fights: Team Pfizer vs. Team Baxter vs. Team Bayer
    Bad for the drivers, but good for medical advance ;)

17. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Guest

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850
    This is just political bull sh*t and out right bigoted racist attacks from EU countries that couldn't stand an American winning there prestigious race

Lance Armstrong was tested for drugs Hundreds of times , More than any other Athlete in the history of mankind and guess what he passed each and every one , So give it up , Leave the Man Alone

18. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Lance Armstrong was winning from 1999 to 2010

If they couldn't find dope on the man in over a goddamned decade, then they should **** off.

19. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    who frikkin cares as long as the tests are negative who the f cares. and old wins are old wins "LETS TAKE **** AWAY FROM HIM HE WON FAIR AND SQUARE BACK IN THE DAI CAUSE ****" nope nope he didn't give any positive samples then and not even till this day leave the man alone -.- da fuq

20. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    So the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency is part of the EU?

Also I laughed at "racist attacks" do you throw that racist word around quite a bit?

:stewpid: