Is the 3900X actually in stock anywhere in UK/Europe??

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by geogan, Aug 1, 2019.

1. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Actually, I'd wanted a Ryzen 3 CPU even before the launch of that line of CPU. But, I was in Toronto when the CPU was launched, I realized that ordering online from e-tailers like Amazon would only result in disappointment as I'd be competing against basically the whole world. I tried Canada Computers and Lo and Behold! They had stock of the 3900X, I had to resort to using my niece's CC as they don't seem to accept foreign CC's. Regardless, I paid my niece the cost of the CPU and picked it up before I went back home to my home country.....and yes, it's alive and kicking!
    [​IMG]

geogan and pegasus1 like this.
  2. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    No update on mine, still waiting without any update on date/est

3. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Mine says Arriving 9th to 25th Aug, i'm not holding my breath though.

4. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I have a feeling some of the PC builders/sellers are also using whatever they get in their own premium built PCs themselves first too - I see scan advertising Ryzen 3900X based graphics workstations and gaming rigs... they can't sell those until they get the 3900X in themselves first... and those of us buying just the components to build our own are probably last on list after they sell full machines at more profit.

5. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    You may be right. But in Japan, AMD have approx. 68% of the OEM market for CPU's while they only have around 13% of the retail market (pre built machines).

EDIT
    I just checked one of the largest suppliers here in Denmark.
    3600X, 3700X and 3800X is all in stock and can be picked up.
    3900X is listed as being available from 23rd of August 2019.
    It would be interesting to hear from AMD regarding the 3900X.
    So if anyone knows anyone at AMD, who can shed some light on this, it would be
    much appreciated. Is it high demand ? Bad yields or what ?
    As far as I know the 3800X is a binned CPU (at least while the 7nm process is new)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  6. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Yeah same in UK where I would be buying... they mostly all have 3600X, 3700X and 3800X. But it seems all of us want the better 12-core version to really beat the 9900K machines.

Yes all sites are doing the same "DUE IN = TODAYS DATE + 7 DAYS" type automatic date fill in algorithm. It just keeps moving forward with current date :eek:

Memory is the other thing I am having trouble deciding on... want 32Gb in two modules so I can buy another 32GB in future. Would 3200 CL16 be good enough?... it is only reasonable price... the 3600 CL16 is WAY more.

I have also settled on ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero as motherboard. Was going to get Strix, but way less USB3.0 ports on that. Not sure if other advantages in power delivery phases/quality. Seems to be £100+ extra for more USB ports :confused:

7. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Your credit card might be a bit too foreign since it's from an entirely different planetary system, from light years away.

8. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Well, Amazon Ca loved the heck outta my card though!!!;):D

9. Dantheman

Dantheman Guest

GPU:
    5700xt

Scan has just shipped mine today I pre ordered on release day if that helps anyone out

10. maddog55

maddog55 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 G PLUS
    just ordered a Strix 570 Gaming -E from Amazon UK today ..expected delivery aug 14 - 17th ...got my 3700x @ £299 from Amazon UK before a £20 price hike :)..it's due Aug 11th .

11. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I am watching every day and it always says "preorder" only... and now it says not due in until end of this month FFS!
    And also price gone up from original £490 to £521.99 now.

How long ago was that you ordered it from them?

12. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I was going to get Strix, but noticed the limited and older version USB outputs so decided to pay the extra for the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero

13. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
  14. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    £579.99 ???

Is a £90 PREMIUM over scans original price of £490 or £58 premium on current price of £521.99 . Price gouging. WTF?!?! No wonder they still have it in stock at that price!

And they are selling the 3700X for £10 cheaper than scan... so doing this gouging on 3900X on purpose too it seems.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    Truder likes this.
  15. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    CCL very much operate on supply and demand, 3900X is in very high in demand with supply not being able to meet demand so yeah, price being inflated :/ (They were RRP on the pre-order) But, at least you can walk into their trade counter, buy the CPU and walk out with it - just a casse of how much patience do you have? Can you wait for price to return to normal or must you have it now?

16. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    It seems that it will be a good idea to pre order the 3950 X as soon as possible to avoid this situation , ... AMD it seems that the demand have caught you by surprise haha.

17. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Appears to have dropped a lot in price and is still in stock too

[​IMG]

18. Dantheman

Dantheman Guest

GPU:
    5700xt
    Ordered it on the 7th July mate

19. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I just saw that today! They finally had sense and put a decent price on it. I have placed my order!

[​IMG] AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8GHz Dodeca Core CPU
    £503.50
    [​IMG] ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero AMD Motherboard
    £374.60

Expected Delivery on Thursday 15th August

Order Total £888.05

20. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    What? That long? From who? Cancel it and get it from CCL right now, if I was you!