I seen this monitor on sale ASUS VE278Q

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by cowie, Aug 22, 2014.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
  2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    why did you get 2?

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    i have two or more rooms i want to set up for guests sincethe family stays with me alot from other parts of the country

u thik they are decent tommy?

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:

5. JBCool

JBCool Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I've had this monitor for a couple of years and its great. It responds well to adjustments and the overall picture quality is excellent. The dot pitch is a little high on paper, but hasn't bothered me.

One thing I had to do when I first got it was to make sure that it was using the full dynamic range (0-255) which it didn't when I first used it. It should be automatic these days with the newer drivers, but double check if things look "greyish".

Unfortunately, this monitor doesn't overclock (mine can't go past 65hz@1080p).

However if all your pixels work, I'd say this is a great monitor for the money and you've made a good choice.

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX

I dont like the long and skinny plus it took me awhile to get used to 1080p.
    i felt it alittle too much to spend on monitors that will not be used everyday and i have a feeling at chirstmas time i will do something for myself

Thanks i did read its best in "gamig mode"

7. JBCool

JBCool Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Try "Theater Mode" too. I like the colors and contrast in that mode. I never use the others.

8. JBCool

JBCool Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    These are my settings:

Theater Mode

Brightness 100
    Contrast 100
    Color 60
    Color Temp > User Mode > R82 G72 B78
    Sharpness 60
    Trace Free 60

In the Nvidia Control Panel:

Brightness 30
    Contrast 42
    Gamma 0.83
    Digital Vibrance 65
    Hue 0

Those are my gaming settings. Not sure they're that great for photo editing, but I like 'em ;)

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    If its your guests who will be using these then who cares if its a great monitor or not. If my guests complained that the monitor I let them use was crap then I wouldn't let them use it at all.

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I will try it thanks

I did not have spares for the other rooms and its my family dude not some cheap whores or hobo's off the streets .. dont think i should furnish a titan rig and two 290x cf rigs wih 14 inch crt's either lol

was ok deal i think for two hell you should see how much they eat:bang:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014

11. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

They're a very old monitor now, I used to have a VE258Q (the exact same monitor but 25 inch) before changing over to the BenQ GW2760HS which is a much nicer monitor.

Don't worry about 'missing out' in regards to those cheap 1440P monitors, they can be a bit hit and miss. Some get brilliant ones, but you don't have to search too far to find people with varying issues online, considerably more than the totals of standard brands, not just models. If you believe resolution alone is the key to quality then they are a good fit.

12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I will get a good monitor for myself when i give a crap about it :)

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Great monitor, i had one for years, just replaced it with the VG278HE about a month or so ago.

My settings are -

Picture Mode - Theatre.
    Brightness - 90
    Contrast - 75
    Saturation 42
    Colour Temp - Warm
    Skin Tone - Natural

Sharpness - 50
    Trace Free 60
    Aspect Control - Full
    ASCR - On

AI Light - Off.

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Whats wrong with cheap whores? They serve a very viable purpose. 100% sucess rate getting some is pretty nifty imo.

15. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    I've seen you repeat this several times now. I would like to point out so many branded models that have suffered issues across ALL the range, but it doesn't matter now. It seems like a lottery to those that don't follow up with the owners clubs. For those that do, for every ten thousand happy owners, you get someone who has an unstable overclock of 120Hz after running for 24/7, or someone who opened their monitor and then failed to put it back properly. Then you get someone who rarely has a serious issue and they end up just sending the monitor back with the seller covering the shipping.

I mean, I just don't understand. If you get a bad unit and the seller returns it, and you end up getting a good one even if after more than one try, what have you lost? The 2-6 days it takes to get halfway across the world from Korea?

Whomever desires a 1440p, 96-120Hz, IPS / PLS, 27", no input lag monitor without being bothered by increased pixel response and motion blur (compared to the likes of the ROG Swift and other fast gaming TN panels), and doesn't want to break the bank, will have missed out if they haven't tried the Korean monitors.

The resolution bit that I bolded is a bit funny, however.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014

16. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

It's alright for those that haven't had issues :), however the reason why I mention it is because people essentially guarantee a always perfect scenario, which simply isn't the case. I don't think it's a bad thing to make people aware of this.

I must admit though, for those that do get a good one they are great! Also just be aware, as from the adverts, a normal monitor may vary from 3-5 dead pixels, and a 'perfect' monitor, as stated in some of the adverts may have 0-2 dead pixels. Backlight bleeding may also vary as stated (essentially) in the listings.

Consider the screens as 'seconds', as that is basically what they are, it's why you get such a high spec screen for such a low price. Factor in the shipping costs, consideration for returns of shipping in the price, replacements etc, they are really cheap. How does a Samsung panel have defective pixels? They are most likely lower binned panels.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
  17. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    My monitor has 0 bad pixels. No backlight bleeding. The only downside is that I am limited to 100hz. The vast majority of the owners in the qnix owners thread are quite happy with their purchase. Maybe you should have a read of that thread and see for yourself.

18. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    However, giving the impression that they are a risk, or a gamble, is misleading. No one guarantees an always perfect scenario; you'll find this mostly stated in the owners threads: "I'm pleased with mine, goes to x Hz, no backlight bleeding / little bleeding that I fixed with the BLB fix. Hope you get a great one from seller y."

Users with issues are replied to by: "that sucks, it's defective, contact the seller ASAP." It clearly seems that the seller would be more willing to ship out defective units and pay for return shipping / take a hit on their reputation (even if they ship back) than checking each unit one by one. That says something about their defect rates.

I'm one of the most vocal users of the Qnix. Yet, I didn't post on the OCN club that I got a good unit with little BLB that goes to 117Hz and still manages to stay pretty uniform compared to some other overclocking attempts of other users on the samples they got. The most vocal users tend to be the ones that got a dud.

We know this, and everyone's who's read the OP in those threads know this. Perfect pixel policies are sketchy at best, and accessorieswhole had one where they guaranteed 0 defective pixels, dead or stuck, while clearly communicating that they knew the difference, yet I got a very slight blue stuck pixel that I only notice when the monitor is fully black and I'm looking for it and staring right at it.

I have heard this multiple times, and there is pretty much no proof that they are 'seconds', grade A-, grade B, or whatever. My own measurements with the X-Rite i1 Display Pro show my monitor beating out many, many branded monitors that cost / used to cost multiple times the price of this monitor. Several users report having less backlight bleed on these monitors than on their (previously owned, sold :p) branded monitors (such as the Asus PB278Q for one, and of course you'll see others being mentioned).

As TK has mentioned, and you will find many others who are nitpicky enough to look around for defective pixels (and I'm surely one of them), many users have no defective pixels whatsoever. Not sure how those panels are second-grade in that regard, particularly when they also have little to no BLB (mostly due to casing even!), and all measure at pretty much the same gamut (97% / 99.5-7% sRGB coverage, 112%+ sRGB volume), and are either spot on at ~6500K or have a yellowish tint that's pretty common for IPS / PLS monitors (green as well).

19. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX

I love cheap nasty whores:)

Btw i ordered them last night 4pm ish paid for 3-4 day ups shippig 6 bucks or so.
    next day was 70usd got them today so saved 60 on shipping and like 5 bucks gas if i picked them up...i can put that towards a cheap whore i guess

Oh and remember you guys(since u are all close family)fight nice:)\
    And thanks:nerd: