Help! Vega Nitro+ 64 bios

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by David Box III, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Hello all, long time reader (I usually get my clocks from Onna in the big vega thread and tweak from there) and have owned about 7 Vega 64's in total.

Welp I have a problem, and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to fix it.

*Short backstory* Was on ebay and saw a picture for an LE Nitro+ - was really late so I am thinking oh people are missing this bc, well its late. I see 3 8 Pin connectors (although it is a stock photo). So I think to myself, well it either gets here with 3 8 Pin connectors or I send it back. 100% confident ebay will back me, have dealt with them a long time.

Card shows up and only 2 8 pin. Well, I think to myself, I got the card for a decent price, lets just look at it.

Open it up and find both bios' flashed to LE bios.......

I have plenty of experience flashing the bios of Vega's, but never the 'unflashable' one.

So I decide to flash to the stock bios, says succesful, reboot, still has LE bios on it,
    flip the switch and do it again, says succesful, but still has the LE bios on it.

Find out I am using a newer bios that technically isn't the cards bios according to the info I have, so I flash it to the correct bios. Long story short, now the card wont post. It powers on, lights up, but no output.

Put it into crossfire under my LC card, bios recognizes that its there but windows will not.

At this point I am just trying to get back into windows and flashing it back to his stupid LE bios.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Finally got it "unbricked" and back to his LE bios. Return going to the post office tomorrow :D Now I can enjoy my Sunday :D

Undying likes this.