Happy with 6600GT AGP!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by izikog, Dec 18, 2004.

1. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    @whoeverIam:
    what drivers are you using? 6600GT's have some issues on some motherboards, the new beta 67.03 drivers solved these, try visiting nvidia.com on their nzone page to get it.

2. whoeverIam

whoeverIam Guest

I'm currently running 66.93. I started out with 71.20 as the very first driver, it worked great. I thought I would try 66.93 just for the hell of it and never noticed any big differences and I have been too busy (playing HL2) to reinstall the 71.20... I will attempt 67.03 over the holidays to see if the games I mentioned earlier run differently.

Thanks!

3. metalstorm

metalstorm Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx6600gt agp 598/1174
    my xfx 6600gt is running like it should, awesome !!! the only glitch i got with the 71.20 is if i try to change vertical sync in doom3 menu,it seizes pc ,so i just change it in nvidia menu.bf42,bfv,doom3,nfsu2,a.o.m. run flawlessly,if you havent got a via chipset, get 1 !!!! my scores are with a p4 2.4 b 533mhz ,which is lowly these days.. good luck via owners , im sure theyll bring a fix out 1 day. xfx has said to install 67.03 or 71.20 in safemode which i did. if you still have troulble,install from setup exe,then install over it again from device manager, and get latest accelerated graphics port driver for your m/b site . good luck all and merry christmas .

4. whoeverIam

whoeverIam Guest

I have a via chipset on my MOBO (a7v600) and I'm not experiencing any problems with my video card... I encountered slow downs when I upgraded from VIA 4.49 to 4.55 (aquamark scores were halved). I reverted to v4.49 and all games run flawlessly. Like I posted earlier, the problems I encountered with certain games were problems with the games themselves (no AA support over 4x and stuff like that for BFME... if I let the game determine the AA and AF it works great, but if I force the card to use predetermined speeds, I experience minor problems) So I'm not certain why a good deal of VIA chipset owners are having a bit of a hard time. Could be a specific line of them... KT600 series seem fine...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2004

5. gotkookie

gotkookie Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY Geforce 6800GT @ 360/1100
    Im so glad I went with the 6800gt. The 6600 looks like it still has a lot of problems.

6. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    NOt with hardware video decoding on the VPU. ;)