GeForce Forceware 260.52 Win 7/Vista 64-bit

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by phk, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Im not taking about BC2 threading. Idk of BC2. I quote him (M4arcus) because of the rude way he quote me on something not related to BC2 , and I wasnt even talking to him first.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  2. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Seems like a string of missunderstandings then :)

I'm almost entirely commenting on this driver regarding bc2 issues since that has been the only game I have gotten bad gpu utilization AND bad performance from the 400 series. Even dirt2 wich I mentioned some pages back wich had poor utilization for me runs fairly well, average of 55 and min 44 and on most maps I can see the fps are around 75 all the time so even if the gpu utilization could be higher in this game it doesn't bother me / anyone else since the performance is still very acceptable.

Ah well, lets just hope them guys at Nvidia are on the ball on this and can figure BC2 performance issues out for the next WHQL driver.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  3. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Its ok :) lets be friends :)

4. patch9164

patch9164 Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 470 GC @750Mhz
    When setting nvidia scaling, it reverts back to display scaling with 260.52 32bit driver. Tried uninstalling everything and used drivesweeper to get a complete clean install. Still reverts back to display scaling and won't stay on nvidia scaling. Will wait for the whql version in a couple of weeks. Hope ManuelG reads this post for the 32 bit version. Anyway, back to 259.32.

5. friedmonky

friedmonky Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SC EE 1GB
    Not sure if it's been observed by anyone else yet, but I have noticed that the NCP will not function without the "Nvidia Driver Helper Service" running. This is different in this set as I have always disabled any Nvidia services in the past, and the NCP would always still function. Now, with this service disabled you don't even have the NCP in the right click context menu. Other than that, these work just fine for me.

FM :)

6. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Loving these drivers in BC2 , fps about the same but it feels smoother and no im not imagining it ;)

BUT after install and reboot i could hear a definate increase in GPU fan speed , nothing dramatic but an increase , all software still reporting 40% but something doesnt seem right , temps seem ok too but im reverting back i dont trust em ;)

7. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    msi afterburener show the dx/opengl

8. RaXelliX

RaXelliX Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
    Well that's crap.One more useless service i have to keep running in background...

9. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    Those driver are available on *link removed at the request of NVIDIA* for the 32bits/64bits version.

work fine for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2010
  10. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    Nice !!! I just downloaded the drivers from a link that cannot be removed by anyone and they appear to be AWESOME !!! BFBC2 flies, good stuff. Love the new layout !

11. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I’m glad I was able to download this driver set when I did. It was more out of curiosity to test BC2 and see if I was able to notice any difference. I started off playing SP; four hours later I realized that the game isn’t a POS and how much I missed the first time when I played through.

All other games I play are as good as ever. Good job nVidia, this fubared driver is the best that I’ve installed on my system yet. At least if they totally **** up the WHQL, I can always go back to this one.

12. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    wokey, i dont see that atm but i look for it

thx

13. jcgeny

jcgeny Banned

GPU:
    2xhd5970+Gtx260 /\ GT 230
    half-life and all quake games are opengl , quake4 and others using doom3 engine , that will stay true with next idsoftware games .
    half-life2 and most others games are directX .

14. Markushka141

Markushka141 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX470
    *link removed at the request of NVIDIA*

win 7/ vista 64 bit international

sorry Nvidia but people want this driver bad.

**okk will wait until the release**

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

16. Alex_Smile

Alex_Smile Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX260OC 896Mb
    О, россиянин. :cheers: Релиз нового драйвера может появиться сегодня ночью, ибо соглашение о неразглашении действует до 13 сентября. Охота схлопотать бан перед самым релизом?)
    In english:
    Oh, a Russian. :cheers: Release a new driver may appear tonight, for the NDA in effect until september 13. Want to get ban before the release?)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2010
  17. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    I dont know if this is the right place to ask this (im no good at choosing section to ask questions anyway ...)

In Shift i checked in the ncp to show the PhysX indicator ingame, and while i've set my 8800gtx for Physx's im wondering how come that ingame it shows that PhysX is on CPU :3eyes:
    any idea ? because in Fluidmark i.e it is clearly the 8800gtx thats in charge of PhysX ...
    Anybody having similar situation ??

18. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

ha, NFS Shift is using Physx, but not the GPU Physx, only CPU..thats why..its totaly normal for the indicator to show thats its on CPU and not GPU...

Nfs Shift uses light physx thats best made on CPU i guess....

greetz Beta

19. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    ok :) thank you, merci

20. Markushka141

Markushka141 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX470
    хаха, я думал я тут единственный русский :bang: ну наконец-то дождёмся релиза нового длрайвера с отл производительностью :)