F1 2012 thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Anarion, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    did they say if it was related to yesterday's hit into the wall? Maybe people in UK has more info about that.

Senna also had problems w/ gearbox after hitting, so i think it could be related, altho hamilton hit was much smaller.

2. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    It's mindblowing that McLaren has the pace to slap the rest of the field but they can't keep the cars running. If Hammy had stayed in and played it safe there would have been 4 McLaren wins in a row.

I wonder if he'll get a gearbox swap penalty at Suzuka.

3. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    It doesn't sound like it was related to the hit of the wall in the qualify:

Michael said about suggestions the team had been aware of a problem ahead of the race: "No, Not before.

"They [gearbox warnings] have happened a number of laps before and we have started seeing some issues a few laps before [in other races]. Sometimes it can last all race and sometimes it doesn't, so we had a pretty clear warning.

"We had a full inspection after yesterday, and it wasn't related to that. I can't see any sign that it is related to that. It is extremely unlikely based on what I think the failure is in my head."

Whitmarsh added: "We saw the temperatures rise and we saw pressures increase and a few other phenomenon – so painfully we could see it coming for a few laps."

When asked if the gearbox problem could have been related to a brush that Hamilton had with a wall in qualifying, as other drivers like Bruno Senna had had to change a gearbox because of that, Whitmarsh said: "I think if you looked at [Bruno] Senna and a few others, they bounced off quite heavy.

"I have to say this morning I was talking to the guys, the wheel had two to three centimetres of scuff mark on it but it wasn't damaged.

"The rims are quite thin and brittle, and in fact the engineers performed NDT (non-destructive testing) all over the suspension.

"They were absolutely content that it was a very light brush and was not one that was going to create any damage. I don't think today had anything to do with yesterday."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102824

4. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    Oh, his fourth...

Well, if Hamilton is not to win this season, I'd like to see Alonso win. It's about time a Ferrari team wins. Better Ferrari than that sodapop team. :p

5. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ah so gutted for Lewis! So its between Alonso and Vettel now i guess! Race was boring until half way, then **** hit the fan :D Schumacherdid brilliantly, loved engineer on the radio: "Michael what happened there? what happened?" :D Annoyed Kimi fell behind even more, he just cant qualify in that Lotus. Alonso is just class, as much as i dont like him, irecon he will do it this season. Ferrari always finishes.

6. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    There are still 150 points left in the championship, i.e. SIX races. Raikkonen or Hamilton could still win in the end lol. Hopefully we'll get another thriller at Interlagos this year!

7. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Hopefully :) Great season! We just need Alonso to finish below top 6 few times :)

8. Aioras

Aioras Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    Alonso will take the championship this time, he is the best pilot so far, with four cars faster ahead he´s still the leader, imagin where he could be now driving a mclaren or a redbull.... He deserves to win his third crown.

9. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yea he probably will. Hes been getting so lucky with Hamilton and Vettel retiring couples of times during the season. But seems like Ferrari got it right and they always finish in points, when Red Bull and McLaren always have issues with the car!

10. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    what the hell is Schumacher doing? he should just retire and focus on other motorsports if he is still into it, but not F1

11. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    Yeah, that was pretty bad, especially now when there's talk about if he should race next season or not.

12. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    If Schumacher wants to race next season, he should pay for his seat. (assuming he's being paid atm, right? lol)

13. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    I read somewhere that it was a mechanical failure, trust it?

Guido, IMO its still between hamilton and alonso.

Vettel and alonso have cars which are better depending on track, but alonso its 30points ahead.

Mclaren has the all-around strongest car (except fiability but well).

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  14. Azarobi

Azarobi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870
    Wont call him lucky after his 1st turn crash at the Belgium GP.

15. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Uncle Michael got his 10 places penalty :) but looks like it was car failure.

Hopefully its between Hamilton and Alonso, but 52 points between them...McLaren has been really fast but keep getting mechanical failures. But im sure we will get pretty exciting end of the season :)Hopefully we wont know the winner until the final lap of Brazilian GP

Yeah that was a bad crash at Belgium, but overall, i think it was his only retirement from the race and wasnt his or cars fault, when Red Bull keeps getting mechanical problems, same with McLaren plus Maldonado and Grosjean took Lewis out on different occasions.

16. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
  17. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    Ferrari will need some bad screw ups to lose the championship now. As long as Alonso keeps finishing in the points I think he'll run away with it.

18. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    he doesn't really need to win races, just finish close to his contenders

19. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yea thats true, i just hope we wont know the winner until the last race. More fun this way.

20. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970