Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 28, 2014.

1. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I preferred MD by quite a margin, it felt better in every way.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I been play Deux EX HR director cut, cause I got it along with 2 other deux games when I bought the Collection again, Im not seeing the down grade in graphics people complained about about or the bugs. I see all the same things and issue I saw in the original.

I after i beat director cut a few times cause I will move on to MD though I thinking my gpu is not up to the task

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    HR Director Cut tones down the Golden hue to the game's visuals, which to me was enough to stop me from playing it.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The overall tone to lighting (tonemap?) is a bit different though it didn't bother me too much, white instead of yellow I think it was or more muted and toned down although other tech issues were more of a annoyance such as miss-aligned textures and using lower-quality effects such as AO instead of the higher quality methods that were added as part of the original PC port by Nixxes.

Some quest bugs and other glitches also exist and there's a fairly good overview of compiled issues on the Steam forums for this (And the original.) version of the game though a lot of it are minor issues although saving frequently doesn't hurt just in case you do mess up quest progression or run into other issues. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810939350891608249/

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i dont seen the difference in textures or lighting and gold hue tone was to much imo then again i play the game and not looking for things to pick at. people need to just play the game unless there game breaking bugs which there are not. besides by today standards it all low quality

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Sorry, but the Golden hue of the original game looks gorgeous. And when you load up the Director's Cut... it's instantly noticeable that they cut it back.
    It really hurts the look of the game.
    It's definitely a matter of opinion, but... just because someone expresses a dislike of a change... doesn't mean they are looking for things to "pick at".

Add in that the Director's Cut is far more unstable and crash happy then the original release.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    director cut dont crash for me, nor is unstable, the only crash there is is the exit game crash issue, which same with the original

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Did you play the DC when it was first released? Because it was ungodly buggy and unstable then.
    Problems and issues I never encountered in the original release. Also, horrible texture glitches. It has been patched, and is probably in better shape now... but... if seemed pointless to play a product that was in worse shape just because it added a so/so DLC chapter into it.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that was then this is now, it perfectly stable in current state, i played the crap out the original I beat it at lest 5 times and DC plays exactly like the original does in it current state

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    This may be now, but first impressions. ;)

And, really, even then... I felt it was a kind of stupid release. The DLC wasn't that great, it was okay... but nothing amazing.
    And the changes the DC makes to the boss fights don't really make them any better. They still suck.

So, I prefer the original release. I think it looks better, runs better... and doesn't have the bloat in there that is the DLC.
    And, being a game I love, that I've finished a couple times... if I'm going to play it I'm going to play the version I think looks the best. And, that will always be the original.

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Usually I never touch new game for a couple months/patches. But DC I played at launch considering it as not new game. Iirc it utilizes the same version of engine as Missing Link DLC. I have never experienced a crush in DC. But both versions had the same stuttering when player turns the camera around fast. And both versions got that stuttering eliminated by using system timer resolution tweak.

12. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    It's unfortunat that it took me after my first playthrough to test and learn that DX11 mode in this game has all of the graphical features of dx1w and absolutely none of the micro stutter and hitching when turning that this game has in dx12 and has equal or better performance.

Smooth as hell in dx11 and no reason to use dx12 at all

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    HardOCP (I think that was the name.) had some DX11 and DX12 comparison test featuring a couple of games though it's a couple of months old now I believe (If not more.) but it basically confirmed that most of these early DX12 implementations end up reducing CPU overhead which isn't bad but there's no visual difference and for a user with a decent or above average CPU already then whether it's AMD or Nvidia DX11 and DX12 compared about on par in terms of overall performance with the difference most of the time being small enough to be within margin of error.

The main exception is AMD and it's OpenGL woes and DOOM with Vulkan showing a very good gain on average.

And of course using a weaker CPU does show some more bottleneck issues between DX11 and DX12 plus there's some deeper underlying API changes but for most users it's going to come down to performance and overall smoothness (Stuttering, pauses and other hitching issues.) and that's about it.
    (And stability.)

Does this URL work?
    https://www.hardocp.com/article/2017/03/22/dx12_versus_dx11_gaming_performance_video_card_review/1

Seems so. :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, Rise of the Tomb Raider had a patch since the above test was done which improves CPU utilization even further which shows some nice gains on AMD's Ryzen CPU series for DX12 :)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I bought the Season Pass for this during the last sale, I should reinstall it and play the two story addons.

15. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Yeah I read that artivle. Performance was slightly worse in dx12 for MD but I don't know if they discussed stuttering.

As for Rise of the Tomb raider though, dx12 performance is really awesome and well optimised in that game with no stuttering at all so I think the problem is specific to very poor implementation in DXMD rather than an api specific problem.

Stuttering is really bad in MD in dx12. Full on pauses when turning when running and when accessing hack pads etc. All gone in dx11 with the same performance.

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  17. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Great, because the last two games have delivered. I rarely game today because great SP games are too hard to find.

Nosein and mbk1969 like this.
  18. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    I actually like what ive played of this game so far (holding of till I upgrade, so may still let me down), though it is rather annoying to find items, emails or places that don't give enough info or arent "activated" until you accept a mission that may not even be...er, activated till much later in the game or the right NPC spoken to.

Kinda kill the joy of exploring in down time.

Thus far, its clearly a game that has been stifled by people who know how to make money, but don't understand how to make a game. I feel sorry for the devs. Theres so much skill and passion here ruined by mass marketers.

I don't have a specific point in the game that I can say that im at without spoiling something, but within the 20 or so hours spent just searching, playing and experimenting, its worth the money so far.

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    the original mankind divided has only great lighting, other than that, game is not that great graphics wise.

20. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Nope, doesn't look good anymore especially compared to Mankind Divided but when it came out I thought it looked brilliant. Well, the NPCs never really looked good but a lot of it in my eyes looks really good.