DayZ

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by korn666, May 16, 2012.

1. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Give a heads-up in this thread when you do. I leave for work at 5:00pm US EST, so I think that's 9:00pm your time. If I'm still home, I'll definitely jump on. I got shot at by a clan of 5 as soon as I spawned today (escaped and still alive :) ) and I'm ready for some backup.

2. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    I should be on about 8-9pm GMT till 12pm ish. At the moment i am on the hill just outside electro. The only thing we may need to go back in for if we are going as a pair would be blood packs.

3. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nice! That'd be handy to hang right over your monitor.

4. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Is there really any point in resetting the controls. There are so damn many, are they all used in DayZ?

What are the basics of picking up items?

I would use the middle mouse button and sometimes the character will go prone and pick up the item and stay prone, sometimes it will bring up a the inventory menu, and sometimes it will do nothing.

I couldn't pick up hardly any items yesterday so all I could manage to pick up was a few empty cans and a hatchet.

Attacking with the hatchet is terrible and very buggy. It seemed that you have to time the strike just right or it does not register.

I was in Elekrtoszdozkdos and didn't see any other human players, just zombies. I had read that if you leave them alone they won't bother you but they just kept following me...and running through closed doors.

5. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790

When you pick something up, you stay crouched. you have to press the stand up button, to stand up all the way.
    In elektro, the best places for guns are the fire stations and the church. backpacks in the church and supermarket,
    tools in the supermarket as well.

Barns are a good way to get shotguns/crossbow/cz550.

your best bet is to go towards the airfield near boleta, and check out the 4 deer stands inside the military camp and check out the two hangars and tower at the airfield.

6. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    Was walking through a town, when in the middle of it, this beauty was parked and all fixed up :D got in it and took it the forest to check out the loot. but sadly nothing good in it.

[​IMG]

7. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    reinstall arma2, arma2oa last night and still got the connection failed crap. use the six updater in the end, which works using the program but i still cant join if i just start arma2co on its own. odd ah. guess i just have to use the six updater thing from now on.

im up for a friendly meet up if anyones intrested but im in the uk.

8. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Yea, wish I had a spot right above my monitor, but I do not...it is open with no wall.

I do have a wall, right next to me, to the left of my computer chair and that is where I am going to hang it.

9. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    1.7.2 Changelog (it's not out yet)

Changelog:
    * [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)
    * [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)
    * [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)
    * [FIXED] States where animal might stop walking around (now should walk around more)
    * [FIXED] Animal AI routines consuming large amounts of FPS (now in line with Infected AI routines, reduced FPS usage)
    * [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)
    * [FIXED] Error reports are almost invisible (has now been fixed)
    * [FIXED] Daylight calculations causing slight FPS issue
    * [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun, moon, cloud, rain, and fog state
    * [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog
    * [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%, means more players + zombies possible)
    * [FIXED] Use of "allMissionObjects" causing performance issue on clients (new engine command "entities" used to improve FPS on clients)
    * [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)
    * [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)
    * [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation
    * [FIXED] Hatchet/Crowbar requires reloading ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34903 )
    * [FIXED] Unlimited Wire fence/Sandbag/Tank Trap Bug ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34283 )
    * [FIXED] Duplication Exploit on object pickup ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34031 )
    * [FIXED] Not full magazines disappear when you reconnect ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33998 )
    * [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated
    * [NEW] Authentication process streamlined with new ArmA2 Beta commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient)
    * [NEW] Authentication for duplicate IDs supportive of the new beta patch (ArmAX users)

Bear traps, not sure how i feel about that haha.

10. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Oh man, I can see it now. We'll have bear traps to contend with in all the good loot spots, in addition to the good, old-fashioned razor wire. :puke2:

11. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    i just hope it has a really low percentage spawn rate. since that part of the world doesn't even have bears, so it should be rare to come by.

12. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    Not only is half of Elektro and Cherno wrapped up in barbed wire and tank traps these days, soon we'll step on bear traps everywhere. :cry:

edit, I've placed my fair share of barbed wire, so take my complain with a grain of salt. ;)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  13. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    barbed wire is actually very easy to cross over. never had any problems with it.

14. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Had an amazing couple of hours today with some very tense moments....and lots of rounds spent. High score for me so far - especially given that I generally try to avoid shooting at all.

This guy chased me out of Berezino for ten minutes before I finally lured him into the forest and capped him with my .45 to end the session.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This game is so addicting: "Alright, I'm just gonna loot that barn and I'm done. [loots barn] Ooooh....that house looks enter-able." :wanker:

15. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    i had my best game last night, had some nice goodies. planned on leaving it at 12.00am but stayed on untill 4.00am (uk time). yeah it does get addictive.

16. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    PC Gamer magazine is doing a DayZ livestream at 9:00 PST (20 minutes from now) with Dean "Rocket" Hall and the Arma 3 dev team:

http://www.twitch.tv/pcgamer

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well ive watched a bit, but he went offline unfortunately. its lagging a bit for me.
    him talking about the audiofeatures was pretty awesome. i also had no idea the lips move when people talk. pretty awesome stuff. makes battlefield 3 look like bf1942

18. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    Thanks, I'm watching it now. :)

19. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah, they're just getting started, and working through some technical difficulties.

20. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I watched for awhile too....alittle laggy here also.

My question is.....how do you sit down like that?