darn tv out bug with dvd playback

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by sonicfab, Nov 1, 2003.

1. sonicfab

sonicfab Member

GPU:
    Leadtek GeForce 6600GT TD
    Hi folks.
    There have probably been several posts regarding this issue, but here goes anyway : some of you may have had the unpleasant experience of trying to play a dvd on a pc equipped with a geforce card, and getting a stupid error message saying that you cannot play the dvd because of a "tvout error", even though you don't even have a tv connected to your card !! I have this problem, and apparently it's a well-known problem linked to macrovision protection of the dvd : all Det drivers more recent than 40.72 have this problem ! Meaning that I cannot watch dvds that I legally purchased !!! I've searched many forums and the only advice that people give is to switch back to the 40.72 dets.
    But that driver doesn't support DirectX 9. So what am I to do ?!
    Does anyone know of a better solution than switching back to 40.72 ?
    (I'm using the 43.45 omegas btw).

2. mjmaskrey

mjmaskrey Master Guru

GPU:
    Creative Labs FX 5900 Ultra/BFG 6800 Ultra OC
    Try Tv Tool, I DL'd a demo version and it worked for me!

This is posted on another thread here somewhere

:) :)

3. sonicfab

sonicfab Member

GPU:
    Ok thanks, I have heard of this Tvtool, but will it enable me to resolve this macrovision issue and watch the dvd on my PC monitor ? I don't have a tv connected to my card and don't want to connect one.

4. vilemonkey

vilemonkey Guest

5. mjmaskrey

mjmaskrey Master Guru

GPU:
    Creative Labs FX 5900 Ultra/BFG 6800 Ultra OC
    TV Tool will only help if you use TV out, I thought you were :O

Do like VileMonkey says and DL the latest Power DVD or patch. It should work as I use Power DVD with 52.16's and previously 44.65 Dets.

:) :)

6. zed201

zed201 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 CLASSIFIED
    running 52.14 dont have any probleum wachting dvd on my rig 5900u or on my other rig using 4200 ti on the tv all work fine for me
    i use WINDVD 4 from Intervideo full ver. works great

7. sonicfab

sonicfab Member

GPU:
    Thanks guys for your input. I have installed the Powerdvd patch, but unfortunately I am still experiencing that same problem.
    It occurs with every dvd player I've tried : Powerdvd, Windvd and nvdvd. I am really pissed off about this. And from looking at various forums I am definitely not the only one in this situation.
    Any other ideas ?

8. Lart

Lart Guest

Try this... I just got an email from Nvidia and spoke to a tech at PNY They both say installing the Nvidia 45.23 driver gives you your dvd playback back and alos is Direct x 9 compatable.

I Just spoke to them!!

Heres the link:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_45.23.html

Please be sure to uninstallyour old drivers, rebbot and install the new ones.

And come back and let us know if it works for you!!!

Lart

9. sonicfab

sonicfab Member

GPU:
    Hey Lart, thanks a bunch, man !
    I installed the 45.23 drivers (omega's performance 45.23 actually)
    and my dvd playback problem is solved ! No more tv out macrovision error ;-) Woohoo !

10. Lart

Lart Guest

Hey your welcome a bunch! Glad it worked. Stay away from the 52.16 drivers if you play Call of Duty or Battlefield 1942...
    The drivers also are suppose to be ok with the DVD playback issues we have with our cards...But they have Video problems with them on many games...A fix is in the working I'm told.

So how are the performance on the 45.23? Do you like them? They seem to be the ones everyone is using at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2003