Cyberpunk 2077 postpones biggest patch v1.2

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Yikes. I checked your profile to see your CPU, if you're still on an 1800X I think it's holding you back more than you think; not that it's not a capable CPU, but because CP2077 is programmed like ass and doesn't make proper use of it.

For what it's worth, no one is getting the best out of their hardware with this troll alpha stage game. I haven't tried patch 1.2 yet, but on 1.12 it was a shockingly bad experience considering I'm using a roided 3900X (4.25-4.35GHz, 1900MHz Fabric/Controller/RAM sync'd) with an RTX 3080 that clocks as high as they go.

It'd be one thing if the game looked fantastic but there is plenty of hideous jank, like the mirror reflections, that no joke would run better (for GeForce users) if it was RT instead of whatever the crap it is now.

This game should have literally been delayed for over 2 more years. Who knows, maybe people will even have access to video cards by 2023.

2. sardine

sardine Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 2070
    I read this and sighed!!!

The NCPD spawn radius for when the player commits a crime has been increased.

oh well wait for next patch when they MIGHT fix the police, its just no fun if you so much as sneeze and 30 cops land on your head and now it's a few meters away ?

3. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Is it? Awesome news. BTW, I didn't mean to sh1t on CDPR but when someone says "soon" it could mean so many things. I'm glad it's out now. Let's hope it fixes many issues for people.

EDIT: Oops, looks like the game still is dogsh*t then, even after the patch. Oh well, I'll wait for v2.0.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  4. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    As expected then...

5. sierra

sierra New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 6900 XT
    I have 4k/60Hz monitor, so CPU limit at 93fps is fine by me :)
    When CP2077 hits CPU limit it is using all its physical cores so not bad (there is no "1 thread 100%, rest 10% effect").
    Patch 1.20 really increased my experience in that game, but I'm not a very demanding person - as long as my hardware can deliver FPS in my monitor FreeSync range (40-60), I'm having a good time :)

Undying likes this.
  6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Really? I rarely had that issue because I knew what triggers cops and so avoided such actions.

Noisiv and insp1re2600 like this.
  7. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    wd2 was great.
    this looks fun to play for a while if discounted.

8. Error8

Error8 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2080 Supe
    Finally it seems that it's now closer to be playable. Unfortunately I didn't see anything regarding sound fixes and I encountered a lot of missing sounds in game. I'll start it from scratch this evening. I hope it won't disappoint.

9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The game feels much more polished now, like from moving from a beta to an RC. Still all the promised game features are missing, but the actual code is closer to a bit better quality.

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Theres rumored DLCs in the works for this year. Not sure if that will cover missing features they promised. Along with more fixes, would be interesting to see how everyone feels about the game a year from now.

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    This game is screaming for a Goty/Enhanced edition in two or three years at half the price.

Funny thing, the PS4 version can already be found at 25€...

12. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    AMD Raytracing ON/OFF comparison

13. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Hmm noticed a weird bug in terms of performance.

Was going to the cherry blossom area to have sex with the male sex worker and the performance dipped as well as GPU usage dropped massively... that never happened b4.

14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I thought it was game about hacktivism. But in 1st mission you kill a lot of people. Then your group is implicated in mass London bombings just because you saved one building where opposing fraction planted evidence against yours. If player let this building to blow up, no evidence would be found.
    There was enough explosives to blow up few blocks.

And entire (counter)hacking stuff in game looks like it has been made for/by 10 years old.

15. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Another year or so and this might be something to look at playing :)

Silva likes this.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What is even more weird than your issue is why would you have sex with a male worker?

Prince Valiant likes this.
  17. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Haven't even touched the game while it's in late alpha. I think ETA for a proper release will be late 2022.

18. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    The issue is not why i had sex with a male worker but the fact that when it started the fps dropped below 30 and stayed there, the same happens with the female worker.

19. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    it's a lot of fun to play.
    yes,if you wanted a well written story and dialogue,I would advise against ubisoft games in general.

20. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    Was your laptop fully charged before you left the house, sometimes I notice my gpu throttling if my laptop battery is low.