CPU Vulnerabilities Get names - Meltdown and Spectre

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Yeah,old bloody JavaScript always be a mess. (Burn in hell the master of Java language)

Anyway,it's curious that the shares are responding today, given the security vulnerability appears to have been written about for some time by Anders Fogh, was penned back in July.

https://cyber.wtf/2017/07/28/negative-result-reading-kernel-memory-from-user-mode/

2. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Except Javascript and Java are unrelated programming languages.

3. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    I know,but still share the "benefits" of good programming language.

I uninstalled java,flash long time ago and never regret it.

BTW,can't wait to see these "AI gurus" to fail&cry when their beloved programmed AI child will share with others AIs his knowledge and these AIs will make their own master cpu or neuro-brain master. :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Honestly, anyone that doesn't think there isn't spying capability on anything you have with an internet connection is being vastly naive.

All this does is confirms what most of us already knew. Stay off Windows 10 and own an old PC if you want to live underground lol. Realistically, we gave all our freedoms up in the name of protection from "terrorism". Ironically, my country pretty much funded them all. So it's a big dupe of control. But hey, whatever. Live as best possible in this matrix as you can.

Turanis likes this.

5. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070

it not just windows issues or software issues. it a hardware issues. so every os is effected.

6. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Don't you worry, that's covered by the older Intel ME vulnerability :p

7. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    It is still funny to see ppl complaining about Windows 10 and refusing to use it, and then they use: spying internet browsers, smartphone software, facebook etc. which is all spying on them. This day and age even simple home router could be set as a spying device with many backdoors.
    Every single closed source software is a spying software potentially, same thing goes for hardware - nobody really knows what all of those billions of transistors are doing...

Jackalito likes this.
  8. kruno

kruno Master Guru

GPU:
    4890/1
    Of-course we are well aware of that little fact,if let's say US spy agency wants to own your ass they have means and possibility's to do so,what we are talking here it is much more mundane , ADS, ADS and f**ing ads and the fact that software that you PAID for is doing this kind a s**t. That MS OS that you paid is still selling your data to highest bidder and serving you ads in OS.

9. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    A good programming language will never exist. What is good today when design a programming language could not be tomorrow. A good programming language evolves and try to fix bad thing without dramatically broken anything written yesterday. Note that most of the programming languages issues come from programmers and not from the language grammar or semantic, and most of them could be easily solve just running a couple of code analyser before release. But this is off topic....

10. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    Have a brain.

11. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    That's why I said any device with a cpu and internet capability. Secondly, your assumption that "people" use browsers not named tor or whatever is rather condescending, but then again, most hardware gurus are lmao. Third, you repeated what I said. No one is safe. Thanks for clarifying with your own jabs at people.

12. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    Thanks for the hat, it looks great !
    But I'm afraid it's not useful, my positronic brain is not running on an Intel CPU.

p.s. - If you checked my catvatar, already wearing a hat.

13. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

There.

:)

I have a brain, that's why i don't post nonsense conspiracy theories with absolutely no basis. Conspiracy theories help no one, proof and facts are what help. But thanks anyways!

Romulus_ut3 likes this.