Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Aug 12, 2011.

1. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    I personally find CS somewhat boring too.

And nobody claimed it was the best FPS MP game ever; taste differs. But it is and was the most succesfull FPS MP game for competitive scene; that and Q3.
    Arguing it wasn't is simply ignorance.

2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    considering the fact that the game and all future valve games will be on mac aswell, i have no hope for source/future engines to use DX10 or higher, at this point it'd seem like it'd be better for them to opt in fully utilizing OpenGL and only OpenGL

Personally, i say go with DX11, forget about mac users, and abandon OpenGL alltogether, but i know others have different opinions and that'll never happen :p

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    only trolls like you respond like that :infinity:

No its not and all those poor bastards:stewpid: lol :D

anyway enjoy this crapola, i sure won't waste my time on this:spam:

4. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    I'm not a fan of CS either. I've tried to like it many times over the years but there is just something about it that turns me off. Things like the movement, no iron sights (personal preference) and generally the over all "feel" of the game, be it 1.6 or Source. For me, when CS came out, the Rainbow6 series (granted, it didn't have iron sights either, but...) was a much more enjoyable experience and I enjoyed the mp much more.

Now if this new CS actually changes the "feel" of the game and adds some of the things I mentioned before, I may actually be interested in this one. But then again, as others have said, I'm sure this game will be riddled with cheaters/hacks in no time.

5. SERUM

SERUM Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti
    Still play CS + CSS, so looking forward to this one :)

6. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    The only problem with CS is the gap between players. Its so hard to get into it because there are so many good people.

I used to be killer at the game and when I got back to play now after 5 years of not playing I go like 2-15 on a map. Its tough pickens these days

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    OMFG!!!! Been waiting so long for a new CS game!!!!

Thank you Valve!!! My life is now complete, or should I say over lol :p

Used to play CS1.6 at LAN parties and then CSS at pro LAN tournaments. It was and still is the highlight of my entire 18 year gaming hobby!

I want a trailer NOW!!!!!!

EDIT: Come to think of it I think I racked up around 6k hours of CSS back in the day, through Xfire, Steam, and at LAN.

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
  9. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT

TF2 isn't?

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    TF2 is more a relaxed team based game than a competitive one, with its quirky visual style and pointless micro-transaction or add-on (hats anyone?). Its more of a gimmick than a ball-to-the-wall tense strategic fps twitch shooter like CS is. Yeah sure there are cups and lan tournaments but nothing on the scale of CS. You see all these COD montages and videos pouring into youtube everyday if it wasn't for Quake, UT, or more so CS these videos would either not exist or be a rarity.

11. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I hope this new CS game doesn't end up being casualized trash because Its being made for console as well.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    read my link if you are worried

http://eseanews.com/index.php?s=news&d=comments&id=9969

they are teaming with CS pros to make sure the game is tweaked in every possible way :)

13. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    So, is it going to be a crosshair in the middle of the screen and you move it around with the mouse and wasd and when it is on top of an opponent you press a mouse button? Or is it going to be different? If it's not going to be different then what is the point exactly? Shinnier surfaces and sharper textures? Different enviroments? Higher Poly count? What exactly is just stopping them from releasing an updated version of CS:S? Oh yeah. Money. Everyone will have to buy it again. Sorry my bad.

14. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Do you play CoD?

15. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Not even a little bit. I assume you can read so I won't harp on what you are trying to impy but instead just say;
    You do realise that Valve is company where it's sole purpose is sell a product/service to make a profit? Good. You do realise that CS:S is a FPS where the sole goal of the game is to place your cross hair on your target using a mouse and keyboard then press a button and to do this over and over? Good.
    So at what point in reading what I wrote did you decide that the only logical conclusion would be that I play COD? Where you not aware of how FPS are played? Have you ever played one? Are you in possesion of some radicaly different technology that allows you to do more than move your crosshair around an almost belivable enviroment while a scrore, insults and random messages appear on the screen? Are you playing on your Wii?
    Good.

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Elitism mostly, partially justified. The recoil is bigger but less random, the models are smaller (or maps are bigger vica versa), "simplicity is a bliss", wallbanging, ...

The biggest difference for me is consistency, 1.6 requires slightly more aim, but if you have that aim, it's easier to kill because it's just a more consistent game.

On top of that CS : S's netcode is designed to remain playable on higher pings, where 1.6 is a more basic one. 100 ping in 1.6 is horrible, but when having lower pings, the simple old netcode is far more superior.

Bad Company 2's netcode is pretty similar to CSS, with the same issues, but they're never annoying since you can trade kill. In css when you get into a situation where you'd normally kill eachother equally, it does a calculation based on pings and what not. Eventually only 1 person dies and he get's a default damage done applied, 27 in 1 for the AK, 21/22 in 1 for colt, regardless of wether it was a headshot.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  17. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Sorry, I assumed you could put two and two together, apparently you can't. The reason I asked if you played CoD was because you said how they could have just released an update for CS instead of bringing out a new game with updated weapons and maps. If you had been a CoD fanboy the irony would have amused me.

18. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT

It sounds like you don't even like shooters...

19. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    My appologies. I was tired when I read that and it appeared to be more of an attack than a simple "that's what they have been doing with COD for years". Sarcasm doesn't play out well in type.:)
    They could have just released an update. It is after all going to use the same engine. There is no reason for Valve to release a totaly seperate CS other than the obvious cash grab. I don't blame them. Hell, I find it commendable that they take their core audience so seriously and release games based on fan ship. It's smart business. But, that's irrellivent to what my point was and your reply pointing to a game that gets bashed like a pinata for being samey every release only backed the point I was making further.
    If they do it right and really push the engine and the gameplay remains tactical yet fun, they may have a real contender for a Multi Platform OLFPS that could over shadow COD in sales. Maybe. The PC version will sell like hot cakes for a bit anyway.

20. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I do. In fact it's one of my favorite form of video game.
    I am just so sick of the formula. Give me some thing else to do other than run, jump, crouch ect. Full auto machine gun, nades, nad launcher, RPG, pistol and knife. The cover and lean system is played out aswell. You have a gun and you shoot stuff. It's got some fun factor there from the get go. But it's become so cliche and samey that with every new release I play I feel it had been done better in previous years. Graphics get prettier but the gameplay stays the same, save for a small percentage of releases. The last real big thing I have seen in a Online MP FPS that actually changed the way it was played was destructable enviroments. Everything else in a Online MP FPS was done better years ago starting with Tribes2, RTCW:ET, UT and a select few others.
    Now these days if you play one it just so happens that you've played them all. Level design and art styles are the only thing that separates %90 of them.