Connecting wii to internet via usb wireless adapter

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by the_mad_medic, Mar 19, 2008.

1. the_mad_medic

the_mad_medic Guest

GPU:
    cirrus logic isa, 512kb
    Greetings,
    I was wondering if it is possible to connect my Wii to the internet via my Plexus Wireless 54mbps USB Adapter. I have absolutely no clue whatsoever on how to set up a wireless connection. :pc1:
    Please could you point me in the right direction on getting my wii connected.

Cheers. :)

2. Eric1987

Eric1987 Banned

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    Um you just tell the wii to connect wifi and it will look for your wifi and thats it....

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Yeah, the Wii has built in wifi, so it shouldn't need an external wireless adapter.

4. the_mad_medic

the_mad_medic Guest

GPU:
    cirrus logic isa, 512kb
    Sorry my mistake didn't make myself clear.

My pc has the wireless adaptor connected, I don't have a wireless router, however I'm able to pick up my neighbours router with the wii but I cant pick up my wireless adaptor. My pc has windows xp on it.

Again sorry for being unclear, any help will be well appreciated.

Just on a side note. Is it possible for the wii to play dvds and audio cds?

5. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    The Wii has a build-in Wireless adapter, so why should you connect an USB Wireless adapter?

There are wired LAN adapters for the Wii.

6. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    You really don't want to connect your Wii to your PC through a USB adapter. It will be absolutely horrible. BUT if you do want to than you have to set up you USB adapter to AD-Hoc mode and your Wii should be able to see it.
    By any chance is your PC connected to the internet through the ethernet (wired connection)? If not and you are using your neighbours connection then you cannot connect to your Wii and your neighbours at the same time.
    Try to do an Ad-Hoc connection.Look in your USB adaptor settings fo this option.

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    That's not true. My Wii is on the nintendo wifi adapter for the computer since I can't get our wireless to work with the wii, works perfectly.

You can just get a nintendo wifi adapter for your computer.