COD4 on PS3, can I use keyboard and mouse

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by darknight909, Nov 8, 2007.

1. darknight909

darknight909 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    I want to go buy COD4, I was wondering if I can hook up a keyboard and mouse and play that way on my PS3. I know on UT2007 I will be able to.

Thanks

2. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I think all PS 3 games are required to support keyboard + mouse, but I'm not sure. I think you should ask on CoD 4 forums.

3. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    Sry darknight909 but you cant use a M/K with COD4 on a PS3..

If you have any other questions reference COD4 then fire away, I've been following COD4 and all other COD games since their release..

Love um :)

4. Wanny

Wanny Guest

COD4 plays damn smooth anyway with a PS3 controller. Hell, I even prefer controllers over mouse.

Online is a blast.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    my friend why bother to use M/K :). Sit down to ur coach and have fun ur wireless gamepad :)

6. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    LOl why not just get the pc version much better :) :)

7. sl3000gt94

sl3000gt94 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC 675/1566/1900
    Besides the keyboard and mouse...tell me what is really MUCH better.
    Dont Tell me graphics because even though the PC might have a little better if you are really there watching at all the details of it then you are just pixle peeing and not even playing the game. The graphics on the PS3 are TOP notch...I would imagine if someone is actually playing the game instead of trying to see if the PC might have 6 more particles of dust in that explosion all 3 versions probably will look the same.
    Ohh and with your 7600 card it will not be able to play the game any higher then my 6800GT so actually I think the PS3 looks better. So how can you say its much better then?

8. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    While i love consoles for the sit on couch and chill gaming, i much prefer M&K with these type of games, especially if the difficulty is set higher, nothing more annoying that not being able to turn fast enough cos youve got a gamepad

9. sl3000gt94

sl3000gt94 Master Guru

GPU:
    I played the Demo on my PC and I have it for my PS3...I think the way they adapted it for the console they did a very good job and works well. You get a little more accuracy with the mouse. but you can easly get fubard by the keyboard just as easy as the analog sticks. So far COD4 is the best game i have . Its more fun then gears of War..

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Indeed it is personal choice :9. That is just my oppinion. But I have a REALY IMPORTANT question on my mind now after reading ur post. which i was thinking before too.

Lets take COD4. Multi platform. Is the difficulty setttings for singleplayer game SAME in BOTH platforms. I mean for an example Medium setting for PC and PS3 is SAME? u know that turning is alwyas PAIN! But as i play many FPS games on PS2 aand some on PS3, some games looks like optimized for console GAMEPAD. enemies mostly "STAND" or act "SLOWLY" right? as they do @ PSP..Feed me with more information :) please.

11. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Well i made my choice to get COD4 instead of GoW today cos of the crappy M$ Live issues and GoW requiring net access to save, lol

Of course, dont get me wrong, horses for courses, i just really didnt enjoy FPS on my PS2 as much as on the PC, e.g. Timesplitters is a fantastic, but multiplayer i would just feel more confident playing it on the PC( not that it was out on PC, just saying ) if you catch my drift

I would say you are right about the difficulty, they must have to do something to take into consideration the turning time using a controller, i mean with a gaming mouse( modifiable DPI ) you can turn accurately 180 degrees in milliseconds, with a gamepad if it was possible to turn 180 degrees in the same time( via turn acceleration ) you would end up turning too far, overshooting your target and readjust backwards

Unfortunately i dont have a PS3 or 360 to test the theory out, but it would be very interesting to know if there is a difference or not

12. gmavignier

gmavignier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    I found that the new Orange Box for the PC has built in support for controlers now. Can you imagine TF2 on a Xbox 360 controler?

13. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    Oh rlly so it looks better than this?

[​IMG]

I wasnt gonna say graphics, i wasnt gonna suggest graphics, more the use of headphones and mics and the wider range of players you will get more challenging multiplayer as well if every user has a mouse and keyboard.

14. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    ^And less online numptys lol

15. sl3000gt94

sl3000gt94 Master Guru

GPU:
    LOL..wow what a large picture you have provided to show details. yes it looks that good. Unless your really stupid anal. all 3 are going to look the same really unless you wanna just make yourself feel better since the PC can do a higher res.

16. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    Lol was jsut gonna prove that the 7600 looks a lot better than the 6800. Im not even comparing the graphics of the ps3 and pc. So there your self though made a point to why the pc version could be better.

17. sl3000gt94

sl3000gt94 Master Guru

GPU:
    UMMMM..you do realize the 6800GT is still more powerful then the 7600
    Just cause the # is higher doesnt mean crap..Mine looked exactly like yours on my PC.
    it has Less pixle pipelines12 vs 16, 128bit memory interface the 6800GT got 256bit, memory is 800 vs 1000mhz..So I am saying your not going to get any better looking game then I was able to play on my pC

18. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    7600GT is still the faster card, the 7 series core was just alot better.

but anyway, does it really matter the topics is about Cod4

19. Leatherface

Leatherface Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS (stock)
    Well i want to buy COD4 but i was debating on what to buy it for PS3, PC, or Xbox360. The debate i guess was more of the PS3 or PC and i seen this one screenshot for the PS3 that looked amazing and i have seen some for the PC that didn't look as good but the pick chris2k posted does look better then the ones i have seen wish you would of posted the pick at a hight resolution as the others i have seen where but didn't look as good so i really dont know what to buy it for, the PS3 or PC, any ideas?

20. sl3000gt94

sl3000gt94 Master Guru

GPU:
    Doesnt matter..both cards are crap compared to the 8800 series anyway.
    It was towards COD4 as well. Since he would not be able to play the game at MAX and high res to see how much difference there really would be.